Carrying paint, harnesses, bags, etc..

OTD

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just put them in a grocery bag. christ a thread about "what to put paint in" shouldnt be 3 pages long hahaha

(getting up sucks. more than steve urkel's pants.)

(i take that back, it sucks more than taking a sleeping pill and a laxative in one night.)

that is the funniest shi t i have ever read. its called webing, adn it cost like 15 cents a food. not trying to start beef, just think its funny.

Webbing is also what the army uses. Those harnesses they wear that keep all their shit it, like ammo, water, knife, grenades, etc: etc:

Wouldnt be a particulary good look wearing one in the street lol.

hahahhahaha this thread is still fucking going. hahahah OTD. i carry my paint in a fucking backpack. a harness is SLIGHTLY for visible and suspicious than a backpack prompting a higher chance of being searched by police.

i know heaps of other people have said the same thing as me, but can we all forget about the fucking paint harness and get back to proper threads (IE "Why Does Montana Black Smell So Good?")

A friend of mine is an apprentice tailor in London, a writer too. Him and some of his writer friends are interested in harnesses.

We're currently working on individual can holders for attaching inside jackets or on belts, possibly using velcro. Another friend of mine is working on getting hold of a can harness from his job, where they use them whilst climbing on planes (for degreasing and cleaning).

You guys can keep laughing if you like, but why should I listen to naysayers?

Isn't writing about doing your own thing, even if not everyone else likes it?

The jacket I generally walk around wearing at night here could easily hold four cans without looking suspicious. The only problem is that I currently don't have a way of strapping them to my chest.

There's no real police presence to worry about mostly. If we keep our eyes open, we're fine. But carrying a backpack means you have to stop to find the right colour, get a cap from another pocket, it all slows us down. Speed is our defence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

in my hood a lot of us ride fixed gear bikes so seeing someone with a backpack is not an uncommon thing. so im guessing you live in a environment where seeing someone late at night with a backpack isn't that big of a deal. get a chrome bag and fuck it ride a bike from spot to spot. its dope i can get across town to other spots easily and bounce quick too.

That beer holder thing is pretty much what I'd like. Looks fairly easy to dump too.

Shame you don't get beer in cans that small over here. If I could get one that'd hold British size beer cans it'd be ideal for paint.

This is one hell of a toyish question, I'm sure, but I've not been able to find anything on the matter having both googled it and searched this forum.

Some of you recommend carrying paint in disposable bags that can easily be ditched if necessary, others recommend messenger bags, backpacks, etc..

Having played Marc Ecko's Getting Up, I found the protaganist's harness a rather interesting idea. I wouldn't want one quite so godsdamned obvious, but I was thinking, what if you had a harness holding four to eight cans tight to your chest and then wore either a baggy hoody over the top or some sort of baggy jacket (like a duffel coat).

What do you think of this idea, has it been tried? Am I just talking out of my toy ass?

Sometimes the only way to find out is asking, so I'll let you guys answer.

as a matter of fact, i have someone working on a rig just like what you are describing. i also got the idea from Getting Up and i dont think it is stupid at all. i have mine measured to fit underneath a zip up hoody. not only is it useful for being inconspicus(sp) while carrying paint, i figure it will also be good for racking.

• 2 weeks later...