Arguments, Sarcasm, Facetiousness

HardyHarHar

I remember Spectr said a little while back, that he misses Boston, because people everywhere else are too thin-skinned. Is this really true? I give my friends a hell of a time, but I still love them. When I meet someone at a party, or at a bar, I'll usually try to call them out on something, and they'll usually be pretty light-hearted about it. I genuinely like it when someone calls me out on something; it's fun, like falling, or going down a slide. Are people elsewhere, really so tight-assed that they can't take a riffing? I know that this is not the case in NYC, but I haven't really been to the rest of America. I think the quickest thing to make a scene get lame is for everyone to be all tight and pissy (example: hipsters).

discuss:

or in lieu of that, get all tight and pissy about it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I play soccer with this chick from the mid-west somewheres, and at first I was very polite, respectful, lots of "Oh, sorrys." She's very nice, smart, and a good player, but not so friendly, because it's still always, "Oh sorry." This is bad for me, because I like to be wildly facetious, and I need to talk trash to be able to play a competitive sport.

i can't take it when I say, "Goal's too small" if someone misses a shot, and then she says, "You want to make the goals wider?" No, I am just saying a bunch of crap, to keep it interesting.

You called the soccer chick smart, and she didn't understand sarchasm??

Why does this thread seem derrived from the view that east coast's a bunch of assholes and the west coast are all vaginas? I'd be interested to hear someone's view who agrees with that and has actually been to both coasts, or would like to say they have for arguement's sake.

It's true EBHP, Sarcasm is like a virus that written text is immune to, so no one gets it when they read it. I think I once tried to write an essay for school about this phenomenon, and it came out horribly. But you are correct, sarcasm is invisible in print. Half the time on 12oz, I'm being sarcastic, the other half, I really mean what I say. Feel free to pick and choose.

It's true EBHP, Sarcasm is like a virus that written text is immune to, so no one gets it when they read it. I think I once tried to write an essay for school about this phenomenon, and it came out horribly. But you are correct, sarcasm is invisible in print. Half the time on 12oz, I'm being sarcastic, the other half, I really mean what I say. Feel free to pick and choose.

I dunno about sarcastic but this shit just sounds retarded and makes me think you need to look deeply into why you like people tearing you down, dude. You lack self confidence so you want everyone else to lack it too by tearing them down, then feel some retarded form of satisfaction when they're feeling insecure and return fire.

Therapist?

Paging Dr. Freud!

yo soupBDC, honestly bra jus lek shill and shiiz

seriously campbell's don't attempt to analyze any of this nonsense on the forum of a fucking graffiti page a you stoopid. that psychoscwabble bombs with lots of people. go watch what the bleep do we know like ten more times. sorry for the torpedoes directed at you but you are a fucking idiot. or is that just me masking up this thing that happened with constant internet usage and overeating: you tell me

I play soccer with this chick from the mid-west somewheres, and at first I was very polite, respectful, lots of "Oh, sorrys." She's very nice, smart, and a good player, but not so friendly, because it's still always, "Oh sorry." This is bad for me, because I like to be wildly facetious, and I need to talk trash to be able to play a competitive sport.

i can't take it when I say, "Goal's too small" if someone misses a shot, and then she says, "You want to make the goals wider?" No, I am just saying a bunch of crap, to keep it interesting.

This is fucking hilarious, went to school in western PA so I met alot of those midwestern mindset gals. Shit is terrible. You have to act like a grown up around them can't be yourself and stuff. That "goal's too small" line is tremendously funny and quite appropriate

Oh man...I know some sensitive motherfuckers. Waaaayyyy too sensitive.

These people weren't brought up right. They didn't learn the ways of the playground, and I sometimes wonder if they ever played any sports, organized or not, as a kid.

Believe me, HardyHar, if you didn't start this thread, I would have, at some point.

Let's just say this Saturday, I was joshing around with a buddy at his friend's party. The dude who owns the house came running to his defense. That just made me rag on him harder...don't they get it??? I mean, I just realized that I've been the subject of who knows howmany tears on the dude's shoulder! That's hilarious.

i lived in boston my entire life up until 2004 when i moved to vegas and i can honestly say people really have no concept of sarcasm out here and i have noticed that people take everything you say as being totally serious..in boston i am known as an asshole who speaks his mind but out here i cant really relate to people as they are so serious...if you walk into a bar and say something to someone out here they get all butthurt and take it the wrong way...back home people would say ya fuck you and maybe say something back or keep drinking but its all in fun...its a lot different

Paging Dr. Freud!

yo soupBDC, honestly bra jus lek shill and shiiz

seriously campbell's don't attempt to analyze any of this nonsense on the forum of a fucking graffiti page a you stoopid. that psychoscwabble bombs with lots of people. go watch what the bleep do we know like ten more times. sorry for the torpedoes directed at you but you are a fucking idiot. or is that just me masking up this thing that happened with constant internet usage and overeating: you tell me

I never associate myself with fatties or fuglies, and besides, you just told yourself.

It gets exhausting to hang out with an unknown person who's constantly cracking jokes and desperately trying to "create mood" .

It's also stupid to not accept any of it at all.

Usually sarcasm/humor works best with peeps you already know. It's ok that people don't speak much when they meet for the first time