When ravers mope

trackstand

Enimee knows what's up

All my friends were always "fuck raves, nothing but fags and idiots"

but you know, you get sick of bullshit high school parties and drinking in empty parking lots every weekend.

I started checking them out and BOOM! Fine ass Betties in sports bras rolling on E that'd let you kiss and feel their titties at the drop of a dime, great drum and bass, get fucked up and not worry about someone's parents/cops coming home and booting you out, leaving your bag somewhere and coming back to find everything still there, watching some truly great writers bomb the shit out of everything in sight at the venue, valentines day 1999 at homebase: drug fueled sex orgy represent, bad ass campouts in the woods where we were the law, etc....

Harmony, Ghostribe, Bagok Tribe, Silver Pearl, Vlad's Clique, Pacific Sound....yeah, those were some good crews that threw great events.

It's too bad that candy kids and the idiots that frequent raves these days are the first impression people get of them. believe it or not, it was the jump off back the day. Seriously, i would say that the majority of the crowds at the events were skaters and writers with a mix of curioisty seekers, hippies and hot girls.

But then everything kinda crashed around 2001 in the bay and eventually gangsters ruined it for everyone with all the theft, stabbings, the odd rape here and there....now it's jus geeks and fucking nerds that hit them up like on page 1.

Oh well, we all knew it couldn't last forever

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^

that was a good venue back in 1997 but by late 1999 it had gotten so seedy.

I actually got to go in there and it's being used as a warehouse again. it was weird seeing a innocent looking workspaces and thinking "That's where so and so overdosed" or "hey, that cute girl gave me a great handjob right where that water cooler is"

yea the masterdome in san bernardino was alot like that till the roof caved in..it was a few blocks from the orange show pavillion..

never could get into techno,house,trance...

prolly 98 was the emergance of fools with glowsticks tied to strings..

i've seen so many gutter ass things happen at raves as well....this dude got shanked in the neck right next to me on the bleachers..i was so baked....that i..uhp..the depeche mode discography torrent is done as well as my dusk till dawn....

brb

yknow whats crazy though..

the dance styles in different regions... on the west alot of hopping is involved... and in the midwest where i'm at fools kinda wiggle their legs a bit like they gotta take a leak and do more arm motion.

first time i went to a buddy of mines hotel party he was throwing i went buckwild when i saw r.a.w there spinning.."like what the fuck is raw doing in this crap ass town"

never really headed to any bay parties..but i did hit up coachella way back in the day..and the annual massives that still run to this day..

managed to catch nelly fertado spinning breaks a long ass time ago as well..

and planet of the drums still tours..caught dj dara,diesalboy and ak1200 in minniapolis last summer

At the one rave I ever went to (under the Ambassador Bridge) the cops showed up and everyone ran. Beings that I was on a lot of drugs (with none on me) I decided to walk up the car and talk to them. When I got up the window they started flashing the lights and telling people not to run over the p.a. Then they rolled down the window and pointed at the tank of nitrous in the back and laughed. After this my friends and I made some kid give us half a sheet and $120 in fear of his life.

After that we drove 2 hours to an 'afterparty' at this rich kid's house and got kicked out because the owner was in a K-hole when I asked him if it was his house. Apparently he thought we were going to rob him or something.

The end.

damn this thread bringsa back memories....

our crew was of the sort that dressed nice, rolled with cute girls and shunned the candy scene.

We all rolled in vintage volkswagen bugs and busses to parties and we eventually got a good enough name established so we could get into events for free.

Count Chocula or other bay area heads may remember us.

I went to one rave in my life..I was getting a ride with a homie..and he wanted to make some loot real quick..we got to the rave, he did his thing, we picked up some scandalous raver ho's and left..this took all of 20 minutes..my one rave experience..

Originally posted by Nyarlathotep+Mar 31 2006, 07:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nyarlathotep - Mar 31 2006, 07:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Shark Hammil@Mar 31 2006, 11:09 AM

I hate ravers more than anything.

dont worry... i wont tell anybody about the keoki cd's bundled inside the hot pink ufo's hidden between your mattress..

moogs gotcha back mang..you can let your inner candy dance free with no fear of persecution forever mang..

dance hammil daaaance and feel da rythem!

[/b]

.................English, please?

Originally posted by Shark Hammil+Apr 3 2006, 05:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shark Hammil - Apr 3 2006, 05:36 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Nyarlathotep@Mar 31 2006, 07:45 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Shark Hammil@Mar 31 2006, 11:09 AM

I hate ravers more than anything.

dont worry... i wont tell anybody about the keoki cd's bundled inside the hot pink ufo's hidden between your mattress..

moogs gotcha back mang..you can let your inner candy dance free with no fear of persecution forever mang..

dance hammil daaaance and feel da rythem!

................Can I really?

[/b]

yes you can my child..

here is some fresh gear to get you started

flashing-sandals-ballon-motion-big.gif

1118205175194_new222.jpg

striped_sport_t-shirt2_big.jpg

lightuppatriotic_big.gif

firebag_small_backpack_big2.gif

now yer ready to dance and feel that fire..

daaaaance hammil

daaaaaaaaaance!!

Originally posted by Smart+Apr 3 2006, 04:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Smart - Apr 3 2006, 04:50 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-YourSistersAssCookie@Apr 3 2006, 06:40 AM

:haha:

dude man pissed his pants

Errbody wanna say that shit but what I'm sayin is that's a SKIRT.

Dude pissed his SKIRT.

[/b]

ahaha this made my day..

The Masterdome was an alright spot. shit could get shady though. and the security sucked.

there were a few other spots out in SB. the orange county fairgrounds I think it was called. there were some cool shit going on in there.

I grew up going to Parties on the east coast.

NY, Conn, Boston ect. real gutter type places where as someone said earlier. there was mostly writers skater and fine ass bitches.

these kids nowadays are just fucking Gay.

Originally posted by LENS@Apr 3 2006, 03:36 PM

All my friends were always "fuck raves, nothing but fags and idiots"

but you know, you get sick of bullshit high school parties and drinking in empty parking lots every weekend.

that's pretty much why i started going to them as well. the scene in new orleans was kickin' pretty hard when i began frequenting them.. but not long after (2000-01ish), they started getting really shady. the people who went got trashier and shadier. finally the dea started raiding a lot of parties and the "scene" really went downhill. it picked back up a bit, reverting to clubby type events.

one thing i hated was the drug-rave connotation. i'm not denying the fact that drugs and raves go hand-in-hand, but so many people identified themselves by what kind of tabs they were eating. i really enjoyed the music, not dry-humping in a big plur-puddle with a bunch of sleaze-bags. (yes, i've actually seen people dry-humping, fucking, etc. at raves)

Originally posted by YourSistersAssCookie@Apr 3 2006, 07:10 PM

The Masterdome was an alright spot. shit could get shady though. and the security sucked.

there were a few other spots out in SB. the orange county fairgrounds I think it was called. there were some cool shit going on in there.

yea torward the end of its run the security checks included taking off your shoes..there was alot of rumor going around as to the owners dealings with asian gangs.

cause nine times out of ten i'd be the first one there and yet any given time there woud be a large number of thuggish type dudes already inside..but no cars anywhere..not even parked near the hotel by carosel mall..and the ceiling collapsing was very odd..since i was half a block away walking home from work when it came down..shit sounded like dynamite going off them a building crashing

..i'll give it to alot of promoters for trying to create a comunity that everybody can feel like they belong to...its just a shame that when there is money to be made with something like this it brings out the unsavory in people.. myself included....to this day i stilll cant go to events in an electronic music atmosphere without the urge to steal wallets from people...after 3 years of doing that nonstop it became a habit..

one thing i wont miss from those days is the morning after..not being able to sleep and coming back to reality...getting home only to find out i have to babysit my little 2 year old sister.....you havent known hell untill you babysit a 2 year old with the attention span of -45 ,3 hours after you peaked off some double dipped spiderman lsd and all she wants to do is play her recorder loud as fuck while watching a spongebob sqaure pants marathon at 5 in the morning...thats what made me stop all that shit quicklike...

it was fun though... like a playland..everybody is on the same mental page as you and there are no problems...freedom i guess..a place to get away from the weekly crap life throws at you..but for some it takes a little more to push themselves away from that weekly dredge ..but like most good things the fun ends and is passed to another...and we looked back on it and smile as if was childhood, and look at those at present as if they where fools....

woah...my suicide club torrent finished 100% with no seeders!!

later yall

Guest Melburnian

I saw the melbourne shuffle documentry at a mates house.

Possibly the worst thing I have ever seen.

Drugs are cool though.