mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: motorbikes!

thats pretty sweet. bars look uncomfortable as fuck, but i like the overall shape.

these vstars are weird. they look like hard tails, but with a secret spring system.

i also like this shaft drive. NH everyone ive talked to about em really likes em.

09_VStar650cu_blk_1_4070f3cb.jpg

i like the shadows big ass front wheel. spokes are rad too. i hate that the sportsters all come with mags. fuck that gay shit.

i really hate the rear fender on all these bikes. thats the first thing im chopping the fuck off.

P1010013-1.jpg

seeks, a 1200 cruiser bike isnt going to be near as powerful and 0H FUCKSIH as a 1200 crotch rocket. someone will correct me if im wrong, but i imagine a gixxer 600 would smash on a sportster 1200...

--

i think the 09 triumph bonneville is my favorite right now, so fucking sexy...

2009-triumph-bonneville-3.jpg

first off, dudes hanging with other dudes and using the word 'sexy' is mad creepy. please stop.

second, i dont know man...i hate that style of seat. that's my objection to the old CB's. they all looked like that. it's not hideous, but also not my thing.

besides the power difference, im also worried about the weight when you get up to bigger bikes like 1200s. your tacking on an extra 200 pounds, to a bike thats already 450-500. thats a whole lot of weight for a beginning to be wrestling with. the likelyhood of me dropping something like that is about 190%

dont be... i weigh 150 on a fat day and i can lift a r6 all day going 80 on the highway... the weight is not a factor at all unless your taking a right or left at a stand still... the power is what will get you but not with bikes your looking at even in the 1200 level its not like a "crotch rocket"...

seeks, i also thought a lighter bike would be easier also but i had a girl in my MSF class that swore to jesus that her big heavy cruiser was easier to maneuver than the light 125/250 bikes we used in the class, and she was a motorcycle newbie 100% *shrug*

we def dont see eye to eye on style, that seat is my favorite part...

honda cb750s are fuckin dope, if you get one imma be mad jealous. the fear of dying thing is still with me, which keeps me alive...

Haha yeah that fear of dieing thing also keeps your bike out of the junk yard. I tell you tho that ER bill comes in and you definitely fear living a little bit more.

Don't worry about the weight of the bike... it won't be an issue once you're rolling, unless you take a turn really slow. But with a bike like you're looking at it still shouldn't be an issue. Even my bike, though it looks like a sport bike, is a cruiser. It's not punchy like a GSXR or something. Which is exactly what I wanted.

I looked for what I thought to be cool V Star bikes and I found that you can really customize them quite a lot. The ones that are bare bones vintage looking seem, to me, to be the coolest looking.

1100done.jpg

Get rid of the ugly paint job and ugly rear fender... and this could be kinda cool.

reid.jpg

I agree that spoked wheels for a bike of this style is a must, but again... lode the rear fender and this bike looks kinda rad.

jc_hopper.jpg

I think the bars are a little too high on this one but otherwise... perfect.

jenkins.jpg

But I definitely think you need a sissy bar... sissy bitch.

• Like 1

i'm a sissy? YOU SHAVE YOUR LEGS, you gash.

yeah dude, you can do a lot with these bikes. super customizable. http://www.hondachopper.com has a ton of shit.

id really like to find a shadow vlx600

2003-Honda-VT600C-ShadowVLXa.jpg affordable softail, not too big, not too small, etc.

shadow 750's are pretty nice even just stock. put a solo seat on em and a couple little custom jammers and you're good to go. 2006-honda-shadow-spirit-_460x0w.jpg

spent 10 hours driving the freeway today. tons of bikes. funy how much more attention i pay to them now.

going over all the bumps and dips and shit...the idea of doing all that on a bike is fucking freaky. its already scary for me to think of doing 80 going down a freeway, but throw other cars and crakcs and shit into the fray and that shits a panic attack in the making for me.

when yall started riding, i imagine you werent through a 'learning period' where you were freaked out by cars, city situations, etc, right? eventualy you become more comfortable and move on to longer rides, crazier envrironments? im not even sure i like riding yet, and im already planning road trips.

cars still freak me out, i hate being in crazy traffic. but for me, going down the interstate is way more chill than putting around town. you just always gotta think ahead. people always say to act like everybody is out to kill you, and they're right.

the one time i got too comfy on my bike and wasnt on top of my game, i ended up with a couple broken bones. paranoia on a motorcycle is well deserved and nothing to think bad of.

aint it a trip how you see shit differently after riding a bike, or wanting to ride one? people will pull out in front of you and youll have to slam on your brakes and youll think "FUCK if i was on my bike i could have been killed" - or when you see some big fuckin branch laying in the middle of the road...

ps: im still a motorcycle noob, i aint trying to come across as a vet

i feel bad coming in and taking over your guys thread...

this things pretty sweet. pretty minimal customization and you can really hook these things up.

dude makes these sweet LED brake/turn signal kits. super clean.

0724081855b.jpg

sbs.jpg

i'm a sissy? YOU SHAVE YOUR LEGS, you gash.

Shave? No more. I had that shit laser-removed years ago. Now I shave the light hairs once a month and it takes me all of ten seconds. Lovin' it.

I like the bike you posted with the heat wrapped pipes... all flat black. Way nice. Is that what you want to do?

Once you start riding you'll be amazed at how good you are at seeing things through your peripheral vision. Especially when looking through turns and at the same time seeing shit on the road in front of you. It's all kinda weird how it works...

yeah, i'd do something real similar i think. maybe a little bit more rear fender, and i'd keep the rear springs (he's got a solid bar in their place). i could take a stock bike to something real close to that for under $500 easy. only thing youd really need to drop money on is the pipes.

• Like 1