mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

NICE PSALM! I can't really make out where you are but even still im jealous.

That motoczysz bike is awesome looking but unfortunately it never qualified. Still the tech gone into that thing is astonishing. Best front forks in the world are on that bike bar none.

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2009/06/motoczysz-may-not-qualify-for.html

MotoCzysz_Breakdown-thumb-415x311-4671.jpg

Pictures just in from the Isle of Man appear to indicate that the MotoCzysz E1pc has again failed to complete a full lap of the mountain course in practice. If the team fails to complete a successful lap in under 50 minutes during an official practice session, it will not qualify to participate in the TTXGP. There are no more official practice sessions scheduled between now and Friday's race.

Oh looks like it did on day two, but there were some serious concerns earlier because it didnt qualify the first time and there were no more scheduled qualifying laps:

http://www.plugbike.com/2009/06/10/ttxgp-practice-day-2/

"Just recieved this from the MotoCzysz team:

Concerning the second practice …. “This time we passed every other team and were blazing in for the fastest lap of the field when the controllers went into current limitation with sagging batteries just one mile from the finish line. Our rider, Mark Miller, stopped the bike and tried to figure out what was wrong as the rest of the teams passed, then decided to get back on and give it another go. By then the batteries had rebounded sufficiently to give him his last mile, ……and he crept in at only 13.8 mph! On the other hand, he qualified us for the race on Friday, and the bike absolutely ripped most of the way round. ……..we’re looking very good.”

MotoCzysz qualified…."

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2009/06/motoczysz-e1pc-puts-11th-batte.html

Experiencing trouble in completing a full 37.7-mile lap, Michael Czysz has jerry rigged an 11th battery to fit under the MotoCzysz E1pc's seat, giving it an extra 1kWh of capacity. Could this give the team the edge they need to win?
But then this happened

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2009/06/motoczysz-breaks-down-retires.html

Sad news at the TTXGP today, the MotoCzysz E1pc has broken down early into the single lap. By our reckoning, that leaves only seven bikes to complete the world's first zero emissions road race.

clue,

not yet. been having some serious resitance from the girl. think im about past it though. also, my MSF class isnt till this coming weekend. i dont wanna buy a bike i cant ride off the lot.

pretty sure im going with an 04 vulcan. 4400 miles, $3500, perfect condition.

DUDE MOPEDS ARE AWESOME. No lie. They may seem like the new fixed gear but seriously you can tune the shit out of them with race springs and gokart engines with fullon race radiators/airintake and get them shits going 65mph.. 80-120mpg too.

mopeds are probably LESS safe since you won't have the power to get out of the way of idiots

thats what i said.

im taking the MSF class.

i promised that i wouldnt ride long distances, or on the highway.

that id only ride during the day..

basically, i want a fucking bike to ride out to the beach or go get lunch with my boy who rides. she's gonna throw everything away to stop me from doing that.

ive been telling her for weeks i wanted one. emailing her pics of them that id been looking at. she always just said 'im not telling you you cant have one, you can do whatever you want'. she said it in that shitty way that i knew wasnt really the truth, but still... i tried to have 3 different conversations about it this week, she never really said shit.

its whatever. arguing is gay.

Yeah, I had the same conversation with my wife for the better part of a year. She wasn't having it at first but she eventually came around... although I think that was due to her being sick of riding the bus and wanting the car to get to work. It certainly didn't help things when watching races on TV they would show crazy fucking crashes or guys would talk about this crash and that crash. I finally learned to watch them when she wasn't home.

There's no saying nothing will happen to you when out riding but there's no saying nothing will happen to you when you're out driving... or riding your bike... or crossing the street... or that you won't fall in the shower and die (happened to my brother's wife). It comes down to faith in the person riding the motorcycle and whether or not she trusts that you'll ride as responsibly as you can. You're not getting a rocket, it's cruiser.

oh, i know all this dude...

its all just dumb shit...

she has never once tried to stop me from driving us home from the bar, even when i told her i absolutely should not be driving. but all of a sudden riding a motorcycle in the middle of the day around the block is tantamount to diving head first into a volcano. shit is gay. she needs to get over it or get gone, this nigga got riding to do.

first day of MSF was today. boring as shit.

tomorrow its riding, small circles in a parking lot, under 20mph, from 8am, tll 5pm. 102 degree forcast. this is going to SUCK.

Yeah, the long days in the MSF classes are tough to deal with, but when I took mine it was raining all day both Saturday and Sunday. I think I would rather have the 102° heat.

I still have issues with turning. I need to take the class they have that focuses on turns...

Got all my parts in and have started to put the bike back together. I only had about 1300 and the cost of everything was so much that there was no margin for error. Unfortately i got a little gung ho about ordering everything and now Im about $120 short for a stator and a battery. Two things I didnt realize i fried somehow while the bike's been resting since the accident.

Pics soon. Also, be weary of adjustable rearsets from ebay. I had to customize the shifter linkage and mounting bracket for the rear brake master cylinder. Shit was gay.