mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Sportsters better be faster than a buck ten. Even a seven fiddy.

I think harleys are tight. Not that tight, but tight. I think harley fans are dumb. Not that dumb, but definitely forgetful xenophobic rednecks. In the 80's Suzuki and Kawasaki were coming out with sport-tourers that were lighter, faster, and thousands of dollars cheaper than the sportsters. Harley Davidson almost went bankrupt in the early 1980's but was rescued by government tariffs on Japanese motorcycles. The tariff was implemented in 1983 and was to last five years. It was placed on all imported Japanese motorcycles with engines 700 cubic centermeters or larger in response to Japanese motorcycle manufacturers stockpiling inventories of unsold motorcycles in the United States. Had the government not bailed out Harley, jap bikes would be the reigning kings of sport tourers, and to me they still are.

To me it doesnt matter because the sportster is the longest running and most legimate harley ever made. As a sportbike/flat tracker, the sportster was awesome. I just rather have the suzuki. OH WAIT I DID—till it tried to set me on fire. Fastest that thing would go was 135. It was also a great bike for the city since the thing was 26" wide, bar end to bar end.

1984-harley-davidson-xr-1000-sportster-6.jpg

375O8246_lg.jpg

i had that exact paint job and exhaust too. I scraped the shit out of that exhaust tho.

ANYWAY, Harley Davidsons are way more popular than they need to be, and their big fat dynas have no place in city traffic. In san francisco and on the freeway they're like buttplugs holding a line of sportbikes up from splitting lanes. I wish traffic was like tetris: when you make a wall there should be a "boop boop" and they all disappear.

That's not to say I would never ride a big fat 700lb bike—Maybe on a long country tour, but not in the bay area.

whatever you say sportster guy

all those bike are sportsters' yes

but the guys i know dont ride sportsters

you do u and ill ride 115 plus on any bike

windshield or no windshield

this is my all time favorite hd

1988Harley-DavidsonFXRTSportsglideI.jpg

1988 Harley-Davidson FXRT SPORTGLIDE II

note the sticker and you know where im comin from

I lurve that daytona. Pretty torquey, but they sound like jetsons cars. Not very badass at all. I rode the naked version of that, the street triple, 144 mph on a testrun before.

No fairing.

(take that TripleSuplex)

and now for the awesomeness. MotoCzysz E1pc....

MotoCzysz_E1pc_Leak_1.jpg

czech the dashboard...

MotoCzysz_Iphone.jpg

yes. that's an iphone.

here's it on the dyno

on the track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYoRWcPJlSQ

Going 179 is nutso. Partly because when you see cars a quarter of a mile away you think "hmm maybe I should slow down" so you do gradually... but you're still going 120 when you rip between them on a two lane highway.

note the sticker and you know where im comin from

I knew the minute you started all this jargen this is "where you were coming from", but still doesn't mean a Sportster is a girls bike. I've seen Angel's on sportsters wether you want to believe it or not.

I knew the minute you started all this jargen this is "where you were coming from", but still doesn't mean a Sportster is a girls bike. I've seen Angel's on sportsters wether you want to believe it or not.

yes thats true

and some of the sportsters

that bruno posted are cool

but imo they are for girls

like i said i like the bigger bikes

but thats just what ive grown up around