mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

There's a guy where I work who rides a yellow Ninja 250 and he thinks he is so bitchen. He wears a Repsol replica leather jacket and this helmet that has so much crazy adornment-type painting on it that it just looks like spin art. The best part... he has these puffy little stickers on his tank that are flames. Puffy stickers, like the girl who sat next to you in grade school had on her Trapper Keeper.

I get the 250cc thing. It's not a lot of bike but it's enough to ride the highway and enough to zip around on without worrying about too much power taking over. Most guys I see on 250's are the kinds of guys who gun it from stop lights...

I wouldnt use a helmet out of a garbage can. You wont be able to detect damage by just looking at it. If you wanted, you could cut out the padding on the inside and take a look around the foam but even then i dont know if it's still good.

If you've got about $3,000 I'd buy the Honda, a couple of stands, find the shop manual, buy the right tools and get to know that bike as intimate as if it was your neighbor's wife. Honda's are generally not gonna fall apart on you but who knows what condition that thing's in. Im not saying buy something in better condition. For that price and the value that comes from wrenching on your own bike i'd say it's worth it to tear it down and build it back up however you see fit. I'm thinkin

Whitehouse%20customs%20Honda%20CB%20750.jpg

Whitehouse%20customs%20Honda%20CB%20750%20%201.jpg

These are built from 1980-1981 CB750F's That one for 700 looks like a 69 so you're looking at a cafe somewhere lookin like

1969_honda_cb750.jpg

122_0401_05_z+1969_honda_cb750+road_racer_side_view.jpg

9ixt2g.jpg

nq20xs.jpg

Bikes are easy to build if you have the right tools and you're not a pussy to take something apart. And yes, you make a bike look like that you're getting your money out of it.

first bike i ever had hahaha (not the same one as pictured, but same color way)

Suzuki RV-90, bought for $30 when I was 12, my grandfather taught me how to repair it, great memories.

158958d1231956030-busco-suzuki-rv-90-con-o-sin-motor-suzuki90.jpg

those back pegs were key for doing the longest wheelies out of any kid in the neighbourhood

i eventually cracked the frame in half one day in a sand pit, its worth noting for future reference that 30 year old bikes are not intended for 20ft drops hahaha.

it had all ready been replaced with an RM-250.

Probably getting a Buell XB-12Scg later on the year when the price goes down, any valid opinions on them?

2w658np.jpg

this thing is bad ass. trade the straight bars for mini apes and im all over it.

im considering asking my shop if they'd let me work one day a week in exchange for teaching me some shit and helping me work on my bike. im not the kind of person who just wants to 'own' something, i wanna know everything about it. figure it would be a good opportunity.

I think springer forks and flat bars on knuckleheads look pretty sick but apes would be nice too.

npnmzs.jpg

Sears washing machine retailer "Sir you cant park your bike here."

"That's my baby you're referring to; We're here to take family photos."

Aprilia Tuono V4 spy shots

Hey Seeking, I'm not an expert on cafe racers (There are a lot of very knowledgeable people out there with great websites) but I'll try to explain them.

In 1942, Motorcyclist Magazine refused to stop publishing their magazine even though the fresh

world war had all but stopped the recreational motorcycling industry. Instead, they continued to

publish their magazine and dedicate each issue to the contributions the motorcyclist was giving to

the war thanks to a combined effort.

After we won the war, a couple things happened: People all over the world took the road, buying

new vehicles. The motorcycle became an icon of freedom and in the UK sales were at an all-time

high. Also at its peak was Rock n' Roll. All this, combined with the post-war advent of the "teenage"

phenomena, had Britain's youth buying motorcycles. Soon after they were bolting on the same parts

they had seen on race circuits and flying around the UK from cafe to cafe in alleycat style races.

The look these bikes have is an amalgam of all this: rock, race, and a blooming young generation of

kids fresh out of a second world war with another recorded phenomena, their insatiable desire to

look and be just as heroic as our soldiers had been a decade before.

That's not to give the UK all the credit since we were rocking just as hard in the US.

qxjtqp.jpg

That said this his a great looking modern interpretation of a cafe racer. Gotta love the vintage waterfall decals.

2e2qoid.jpg

28ryt5s.jpg

hv15ps.jpg

2cmpyes.jpg

2j271pk.jpg

2ym8waw.jpg

262kyg2.jpg

And bonus

1247vbq.jpg

i know the history of em, i just cant really get into the shape for some reason, i dont know why. some of them are a little cool, and i dont think they're particularly ugly or anything (same with street bikes) i just dont feel any real 'connection' to them, if you know what i mean. not really my asthetical cup of tea.

no homo (just in case).

Nice bike. if you're interested in race parts, google up CR450 instead of CB since the CR is the 300lb

450cc race counterpart to the standard CB. I recommend getting the bike in clean and working

condition first before upgrading. Dont get carried away and be sure to outfit your garage first before

working on the bike.

Anyway I was looking for an auxiliary gas tank and came across this:

http://www.justgastanks.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_338_341&products_id=974

I wouldnt worry about tanks and seats till you take that engine apart and clean it up. But like i said

you'll be dropping weight quick once you get into fixing it up. With any luck you'll crack 100.