<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

see, thats what i thought but on his computer my steam account cant connect and this other game he used to play called archlord cant connect either. yet steam works perfectly fine on my computer (both use the same network) and WoW works fine on my dads computer (hes addicted too)

so it cant be the servers.

There's apparently a wowrapair.exe somewhere. Find it in your wow folder.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
There's apparently a wowrapair.exe somewhere. Find it in your wow folder.

woah woah woah.

not my wow folder.

and he deleted the entire wow folder from program files (this is what he did when i told him to uninstall and reinstall) so i highly doubt that repair executable exists anymore :lol:

oh it wont let him connect to reinstall, and before it wouldnt let him connect to do the automatic patch updates which didnt let him get to the game. and i have a feeling the game would have worked fine if there was a way to bypass the automatic updates.

ive tried all thats to be tried, i even got his account hacked. like 7 times. (sold it on craigslist :lol: ) now he has some insanely complicated 28 character password.

but anyways, the sooner i come to a solution for his problem to sooner i stop getting texts saying "wht do u do whn u gt 2 cmd prmt?"

ive tried all thats to be tried, i even got his account hacked. like 7 times. (sold it on craigslist :lol: ) now he has some insanely complicated 28 character password.

but anyways, the sooner i come to a solution for his problem to sooner i stop getting texts saying "wht do u do whn u gt 2 cmd prmt?"

I feel for you. I encounter idiots on an almost daily basis. Will be happy when I can move on to different idiots.

So, he can't reinstall, can't update, etc? He really fucked up when he deleted the folder instead of uninstalling. He needs to clean all that crap out of the registry, etc. Apparently he is incapable of doing this properly and will probably just fuck the computer up.

Have him restore it to a restore point from a few days ago.

yea i kindly informed him he fucked shit up when he deleted everything and his argument was "there was still wow folders after i uninstalled!"

im just going to tell him to do an all out system restore, should teach him to "skim" a tutorial page again...

i ran avira, avast, and clamwin. avira found nothing, avast found 2 viruses, and clamwin found about 14. ive been using avira for the last about 4 months. after the other day when it found nothing i uninstalled it. i ran avira and avast in safe mode first and they both found nothing. then i ran the boot scan with avast and it found 2. then i decided to try clamwin.

hes about as bright as my little brother when it comes to computers, it was but a few weeks ago that i had to explain to him that jiggling the spacebar, enter key, escape and left click has no positive effect.

Btw: restore not from the recycle bin, from the system restore.

oh but that involves harmful UV rays, potentially deadly virus carrying mosquitos, drowning, potential stab wounds, infection, all sorts of things that cant happen on the internet!

and im in no hurry to fix their problems, im just gonna text him in the morning "system restore, you do the rest" and pray they figure it out.

Just got a ipod touch.

plugged it in an installed the latest itunes and firmware.

Now i want to jailbreak the thing but firmware 4.0 and itunes 9.2.0.61 is ruining my internets.

Im trying to downgrade my firmware but the only link i found is a lame ass megaupload thats gonna take all week to load.

link to 3.1.2 firmware shall be propsed.

So I have come to the conclusion that iTunes is garbage... is there anything I can use for mac that can be used as a replacement for itunes? Perhaps something that is drag and drop like I have on my windows machines?

On my windows machines, I use winamp. I'd also like to have it where when I plug in the ipod, a drive shows up... I click the folder where music is, and I drag tracks in that I want and delete tracks I'm done with. I have a feeling that this is not possible, but figured I'd ask the you guys. Please/Thanks/Props

So I have come to the conclusion that iTunes is garbage... is there anything I can use for mac that can be used as a replacement for itunes? Perhaps something that is drag and drop like I have on my windows machines?

On my windows machines, I use winamp. I'd also like to have it where when I plug in the ipod, a drive shows up... I click the folder where music is, and I drag tracks in that I want and delete tracks I'm done with. I have a feeling that this is not possible, but figured I'd ask the you guys. Please/Thanks/Props

http://lifehacker.com/software/ipod/hack-attack-add-music-and-movies-to-your-ipod-from-any-computer-without-itunes-237986.php

• Like 1

I don't know what the hell is going on. I get the audio notifications at like start up, closing a window, etc. but neither vlc nor windows media 11 will play an audio file. same with youtube. the video plays but i have no sound. volume control says there are no active mixer devices available. any suggestions as where to start?

I don't know what the hell is going on. I get the audio notifications at like start up, closing a window, etc. but neither vlc nor windows media 11 will play an audio file. same with youtube. the video plays but i have no sound. volume control says there are no active mixer devices available. any suggestions as where to start?

re install your soundcard drivers, if that doesn't work, it's a codec issue