<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
whats the best free antivirus ?

i'm looking for something that is constantly running and can protect from website attacks

along with it being able to do full scans and that stuff of course

also, is there a better alternative then spybot search and destroy?

and finally.. best firewall? i used to use black ice years ago on a past computer

i've been out of the loop or even know if that was a decent one anyway, help me out

since ive been using (only) the avg internet security i havent had a single problem, with the free version i was able to catch some major viruses and had to do a couple total system restores.

there are many torrents for the internet security which is the best they offer and its good till 2018

that would be cool, but i wouldn't ever look at it after i set it running. (to the guy who said I should calculate pi to a million digits)

Seffiks, 2 are 3 years old, and the desktop is at least 6 or 7. That's why I was trying to think of something cool to do with them and perhaps learn something.

ok then, check this out, I read it a few months back has some good suggestions in it ( old article i think from 2003)

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,1386999,00.asp

for the desktop i would suggest setting up a server, maybe if the specs are right setup your own TIVO/DVR without having to pay yer cable/satellite company for the same thing the PC can do with a bigger harddrive that you can rip movies from and then burn them

I dont know if anyone here can give me facebook help but i cant log into my facebook. Randomly it said my password was wrong, which it wasnt... So i changed it. Than i changed my email because it was an old college email i dont use anymore which wasnt really reliable. Now these fuckers havent sent me an email with my new password. Fuck facebook but has anybody else experienced this?

I got an avi file that when I burn to CD won't play on my DVD player...

Do I need to convert it to something else or just burn it to a DVD?

And what program would be best to burn it with?

get an open source program called DVD flick download it/install it,

load up the AVI go into preferences, tell it to convert to ISO and burn ISO

and burn it all within dvd flick bad part is that it takes 2 hours to burn a whole movie to dvd, good thing is, that it will play in any dvd player

get an open source program called DVD flick download it/install it,

load up the AVI go into preferences, tell it to convert to ISO and burn ISO

and burn it all within dvd flick bad part is that it takes 2 hours to burn a whole movie to dvd, good thing is, that it will play in any dvd player

Thanks.. Doing this right now..

It will work on a CD as well I'm hoping, cuz that's all I go left at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

This is what i have running......

25rid5y.jpg

why are my AVI videos running slow? Same thing with Itunes videos, the "voice" dont match with the video.

What do I need to do to accelerate my video streaming? Also, on full screen, videos run slow as well.

I have a 22inch monitor, which shouldnt make a difference.

Suggestions?

noone wants to tell t4m that he probably has viruses and that shit is just running slow because of all the shit running in the background....

that's cool...

i won't either.

so i need help with my icons

for some reason my adobe products are all messed up

i was able to fix it with my photoshop files but they're still messed up in indesign, illustrator, dreamweaver and whatever

asdas.jpg

they look like that on the left. i want them all to look like that on the right

is there a way to do like a master reset? i messed around with the default program extensions and that's how i was able to fix the photoshop ones but it wouldn't do the same with any others

okay so my job just instituted a 'time limit' on internet usage today, with each computer getting four hours each, to be controlled through the router.

i presume that it will be monitored by my computer ip address or something, right? or some local network settings?

basically, is there anyway to get around this? i don't have shit to do most of the day, and am probably on the internet for longer than four hours a day.

thanks a lot in advance.

dumb question but its valid.

ive had to set up wireless networks before, but ive never tried to set up a wired network...

i got a laptop today, its the first one ive ever owned. im not in range of any wifi so i cant steal.

but i do have a desktop across the hall from my room so i was wondering if i can just run a cord from the thingy with the flashing lights (the name escapes my mind at the moment) into the back of the laptop and leech internet?

i found a phonecord that ran from the back of the desktop into a surge protector and i figured that might have something to do with something so i plugged it into the laptop which didnt do anything. and i then preceded to connect to the internet and get on 12oz with the cable unplugged without even realizing. so what the fuck if the point of that cord then?

can i take that cord, plug it into the laptop and then plug it into the jack behind my desk?

is my internet running through the wall like that? i dont have dialup, i have roadrunner or something

What should I use to tag a bunch of mp3s that aren't titled (i.e. they're named "Track 1", "Track 2" and so on) if I know the name of the album and have access to the titles? I can't seem to get Mediamonkey or Picard to play nice with freedb and it's about 100 songs, so doing it one by one is out of the question.