<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

Guest shai_hulud

Hi back!

I still want to get the IRC channel going if anyone wants to help.

Mainter and I were testing it a while back and we noticed the lag is about 40 seconds...not good.

I know casek has the radio station project, soooo...anyone who is familiar with IRC who needs something to tinker with, the channel is #12oz on efnet.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Hi back!

I still want to get the IRC channel going if anyone wants to help.

Mainter and I were testing it a while back and we noticed the lag is about 40 seconds...not good.

I know casek has the radio station project, soooo...anyone who is familiar with IRC who needs something to tinker with, the channel is #12oz on efnet.

no one is ever in it

whenevr i try to run mozilla firefox it says: could not initialize browsers security coponent. and then some stuff about some directory. then anothe message pops up saying firefox.exe has encountered a problem and will have to close. WTF? also wont let me uninstall firefox either. so i am running safari right now but i cannot watch youtube videos (wont play/load) or download ANYTHING!

HELP!

i hate vista.

so much.

why what is the matter?

if it has to do with the UAC which it prolly is just disable it by doing 1 of 2 different ways

start/run " msconfig " without quotes and go to the tools tab and select Disable UAC and press the launch button

or go to the command prompt, start/run/cmd and use this code

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

Guest shai_hulud

I readed, readed, and readed about computers....then I readed some more.

casek and Seffiks helped considerably along the way. I still have a lot to learn.

A lot of folks are having problems with FF lately, it seems. We use it here to watch streams on the G5, and it started acting all kinds of fucked up around Friday night.

Now we're using Safari, which hasn't messed up at all. My theory is that it was an FF update that didn't work out so hot.

I have a Mac question. The G5 seems to have some grounding issues. I was wondering if anyone else here had a G5 and has had any kind of logic board or USB problems.

casek, seffiks, shai

problem

my internet connection on this computer goes down once every 24 hours.

i have no idea why.

linksys router, the other computer has no connectivity issues at all.

i restart this machine and the internet works fine again until approximately 24 hours later when the little icon pops up in the system tray "local area connection is disconnected" etc..

ideas?

shai: crypto talk

qawee. go into your router and change the mtu.

1. Connect to the Router by opening a web browser and entering http://192/168.1.1 or the IP address of the Router.

2. Enter the password if asked (default is "admin").

3. Click Advanced and select the Filters tab.

4. Look for the MTU option and select Enable. In the Size: field, enter the appropriate MTU (e.g. 1492).

5. Click the Apply and Continue buttons to complete the task.

Guest shai_hulud

I glanced at it. I didn't bother to read it, it looked pretty esoteric.

I finally looked at those dox you sent me the other night. Then I showed them to a few of my friends, and now they want to go do some wheatpasting.

I just remembered a CoS event in my life...it was kind of funny. I had to deliver some legal documents to the main office in SF about five years ago. They're in a old flatiron bank building across the street from the Transamerica Pyramid.

Anyway, I think it was a subpoena or something. No big deal. I tried to talk reasonably to the receptionist, and got the runaround from her. I asked for someone authorized to accept service, and got the runaround. I asked for a manager, supervisor, anyone in charge...more of the same.

I was getting a little put out at that point, so I said, "Am I to understand that you are the only person here right now?" No answer...which was good enough for me. I threw the papers on her desk and grabbed a pamphlet, and said, "Thanks...I'll just use this as my proof of service."

As I was leaving, I saw the Men In Black come out of a door towards me on radios or cell phones...but by the time they got near me, I was off the property and waving my process server's ID yelling, "I'm an officer of the court, and if you touch me, it's obstruction of justice!" as I got on my bike and rode away.

Bunch of weenies.

Guest shai_hulud

Yeah, isn't it $360,000 to make it to Clear? Or is it operating Thetan?

The thing that gets me is that all the Christians I know are willing to discuss and debate religion with me, and for the most part aren't trying to sell me on it. Some of them are even self-deprecating...like my friend who wears the "My boss is a dead Jewish carpenter" T-shirt.

CoS folks don't have any other tactic besides the hard sell, and are decidedly lacking in objectivity and/or humor.

Perfect targets for a prank, in my book.

shai: crypto talk

qawee. go into your router and change the mtu.

1. Connect to the Router by opening a web browser and entering http://192/168.1.1 or the IP address of the Router.

2. Enter the password if asked (default is "admin").

3. Click Advanced and select the Filters tab.

4. Look for the MTU option and select Enable. In the Size: field, enter the appropriate MTU (e.g. 1492).

5. Click the Apply and Continue buttons to complete the task.

what should i set the appropriate MTU as?

Religious Freedom Watch offers a $5,000 reward for information leading to the identification and criminal or civil prosecution of persons making threats against RFW and/or persons associated with it. The threats have come from a person or persons using the monikers of ElBaldo, Eggshell White, Advocate of Painful Death or similar names.

The following are some of the IP numbers identified in either the usenet postings or email threats that have been received by the publisher:

ip's edited by casek

THE WAR HAS BEGUN!!!!!

need help with MAC

I've had a Power Mac G4 for about 4 or so years now with no problems. I use it for minor design work in photoshop and such but mostly use I-tunes and surf the web with it. Its a 1GHZ single processor with 256 GB RAM and a combo drive. 60 GB Hard drive. Still runing the OSX version 10.3.9 that came on the machine when I got it.

Anyways I wanted to ubgrade to the latest OSX so I can use I-life program which requires a later OS than I'm currently running. Got the OSX 10.5 install disk put it in and and install icon pops up double click it, and then it restarsts the computer like its supposed to as stated in the install guide. Once the comp re-starts it goes to the white apple screen, with loading icon, then a blank blue screen and then a grey screen with the "spinning beachball" cursor and stays like this unless I power down the computer. I can hear the CD/DVD drive spinning but it just does this indefinately and Would not eject disk untill powered down. Computer still works fine but I cant upgrade the OS. I would'nt mind just sticking with my original OS, but I need the upgrade to run newer apps. Anyways, I cant figure it out. Maybe I'm missing something in the requirements for this to work on my machine. I'm pretty sure my drive is fine as it reads CD's and DVD's just fine. Maybe its because My comp doesent meet the minimum required amount of RAM? (512) I was thinking it swould still work but be slow untill I was able to install more RAM.

Thoughts?