Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Gunm

Good side dishes to serve w/lobster?

SO tonight i am having this beezie over and she digs lobster. Done. Issue.....what would be a good side dish to serve with it?

cous cous?

salad?

vegetable?

I know SOME of you actually can cook so toss up your suggestions to Lens and let his gratitude in turn rain down upon thee.

yeah, you don't want to overpower the lobster with your side dish..

a traditional side dish for lobster in california are hot flour tortillas and dipping sauce.

but also you might try a nice side salad consisting of lettuce, thinly sliced tomatoes, mushrooms, sprouts, sprigs and a drizzle of balsamic dressing..

and rice is always great..

blanched asparagus with balsamic viniagrette reduction, super quick and easy and compliments seafood perfectly. and garlic skin-on mashed taters is always a go to guy.

"a nice side salad consisting of lettuce, thinly sliced tomatoes, mushrooms, sprouts, sprigs and a drizzle of balsamic dressing.."

oooo, that would go good with the rice....nice

scalloped potatoes. nah i dunno... i never ate LOBSTER! i got some scalloped potatoes though. and i've had white castle before too.

crab?

haha, maybe some roasted winter vegetables? cous cous or a nice tabouleh salad sounds good.

i dont think a salad would really go to well with lobster, if its just like straight up lobster boiled and on a plate with clarified butter. if it is then def go with teh salt potatoes and some asparagus both with a little bit of that buttery goodness on em. make sure you put some dill int he potatoes too, dill + seafood = always good combo

So maybe chop up some dill really fine and do it over the lobster?

I don't have a pot large enough to boil the lobster so i am just going to buy some frozen tails and thaw'em out.

Originally posted by kaeser@Feb 14 2006, 04:21 PM

blanched asparagus with balsamic viniagrette reduction, super quick and easy and compliments seafood perfectly. and garlic skin-on mashed taters is always a go to guy.

wonk.

I think i am going to go with...

The basmati rice

asparagus

garlic bread

fire roasted garlic prawns as the appetizer.

White wine with dinner, Champagne and 420 afterwards

EDIT: Lens does not need to buy houses to impress girls

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this