The Albums Everyone Should Have Thread

RoboThruster

So I checked out some of these. First the ones I liked

Yesterdays New Quintet- Angles without edges.

This album was great, or atleast the tracks I listened to of it were. I'll listen to the whole thing soon. The improv in the first track made me like them instantly.

Bjork- Vespertine

I've decided Bjork is like a scary version of Enya. I remember seeing that "sail away" clip in my pre teens and at the time I liked it. So its all good (thats right I liked enya when I was 10 or something, deal with it suckers)

Boards of Canada- Music has the right to children.

Some familiar samples from the few tracks I listened to. Dont know if I could listen to the whole album straight through. But mixed in with other shit its a pleasant addition.

The Roots- Illadelphia Halflife

I really should of had this ages ago. I knew what to expect and knew I'd probably dig it. and I was right

Now the ones I didn't like.

Mf Doom- operation doomsday

Sometime last year when Mf doom was getting really popular I thought I should check out some of his stuff. So I did. And I thought I'd never listen to him again. Then I forgot why I thought that. This album reminded me. I can't see what people like about this shit. The vocal takes are sloppy. The beats, while some are nice loops are just repetative. I listened to the first song then turned that shit off.

Del the funkee homosapian- No need for alarm

I can see why some people would say its the shit. Its well made. But I'm tired of rappers rapping about the same stuff over and over. So I turned it off like I did with doom.

At the Drive In- Relationship of Command

Its just not my cup of tea. I can't explain why. Maybe I'll give it another chance but for now the love factor is zero.

Iron maiden- Number of the beast

Once again I can see why people would like this. it was actually one of the first things I downloaded because I like that "Hallow be thy Name Song". But its kind of cheesy and I've had enough cheese for the time being. Maybe over the next few months I will wake up one morning and say "fuck yeah, I want some heavy guitar fromage". But not at the moment sorry.

I didn't listen to all the songs on these albums so if you want to defend them with specifics then feel free.

Thanks for all the suggestions. My music folder is now lagging my computer. Its made me a happy man.

Carry on.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Epoxies-"Stop The Future"

Modern English-"After The Snow"

The Cars-"The Cars"

Motley Crue-"Too Fast For Love"

The Story of The Clash

The Psychedelic Furs-"All This And Nothing"

Bob James-"One" and "Two"

The "Manhunter" soundtrack

The "Repo Man" soundtrack

Gary Newman-"Cars"

Billy Idol-"Rebel Yell"

I have shitloads of of late 80's to mid 90's hip-hop but these albums are a must have if you feel like listening to something different for a change.

Got the Can album ages ago. Definately on my list of must haves.

Same with the Joy Division one.

Charisma looks straight out of the Fresh Prince era. I may or may not check it. All the hip hop I've gotten so far isn't really floating my boat. With the exception of the roots and a couple others. At the moment I'm just feeling like most rappers don't have shit to say thats worth hearing.

Thanks anyway.

Feel free to proove me wrong.

Originally posted by El Mamerro@Oct 31 2005, 05:14 PM

B0001RVTWA.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

great choice.. also recommend:

anything by madlib, esp. his best of mixtape

bad brains - s/t......essential

black flag - damaged

misfits - s/t

descendents - milo goes to college

kmd - black bastards

plus a lot of good ones already mentioned

Originally posted by JohnnyHorton@Nov 3 2005, 02:11 AM

am I the only one who finds live hip hop retarded?

it always sounds like shit to me.

an excuse to have 40,000 people on stage with you repeating every third word with the MC, cause every one of them niggaz has a mic

or maybe this is just my personal experience

you've just been checking the wrong stuff

but believe me, i am the first to admit that there is much more horrible hip hop out there than good stuff, but there is some stuff worth checking

DUH NIGGA.

CAPONE N NOREAGA - THE WAR REPORT

NOREAGA - NORE

BLACK ROB - LIFE STORY

MAS FLOW 2 - LUNY TUNES

OGC - DA STORM

BIG PUN - CAPITAL PUNISHMENT

MOBB DEEP - THE INFAMOUS, HELL ON EARTH, MURDA MUZIK

CORMEGA - THE REALNESS

STYLES P - GHOST IN THE SHELL, GHOST STORIES

THE BREEDERS - POD

NOTORIOUS BIG - READY TO DIE

NAS - ILLMATIC, IT WAS WRITTEN

JAY Z - REASONABLE DOUBT

MEROOOO

MY JURY IS

MY GUN ON

MY SIDE

Originally posted by splint2+Nov 2 2005, 09:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (splint2 - Nov 2 2005, 09:53 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-JohnnyHorton@Nov 3 2005, 02:11 AM

am I the only one who finds live hip hop retarded?

it always sounds like shit to me.

an excuse to have 40,000 people on stage with you repeating every third word with the MC, cause every one of them niggaz has a mic

or maybe this is just my personal experience

you've just been checking the wrong stuff

but believe me, i am the first to admit that there is much more horrible hip hop out there than good stuff, but there is some stuff worth checking

[/b]

MOBB DEEP LIVE > YOUR LIFE.

MERO

MLBCEE