katrina

saraday

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^some things NEVER change. guy is ALWAYS thinking only about his OIL FUTURES

i got the impression from harry connick jr's assessment of new orleans (he actually went there, and toured it)

that the media is making the place out to be a hotbed of chaos, lawlessness, shooting and crime.

he said he saw none of that, just people looting luggage.

the media always likes blood.

puke on them.

Originally posted by Seldoon@Sep 2 2005, 02:03 PM

Thank you for the support. We'll be ok, with luck. Bug repellent, fuck I would have forgotten about that, thanks for the reminder. A raft, I considered this...I might bring one, but I think most of this will be done walking. I don't have the heart to turn anyone down to get in the raft when I see them, and there will only be so much room.  Axe, yeah, forgot that too. Those links were helpful for the boots, thanks. I sent my cousin some money via western union, somehow he managed to keep his id on him. He got a hotel room for a couple nights and some new clothes to change into. He said he was wearing the same stank, dirty shit for the past 3 days with no shower. He straight now. He said his golds still twinklin haha. He makin little jokes to keep from snappin, so i'm laughin with him. He is fucked up bout his brother for real. So am I.

Seldoon,

Hey, a word that I think you need to consider. If you can get in there, try and go a back way. I hope you

can get in and find who you need to, but please be careful and find a way in that is hospitable enough to

make it reliable. Bring antibiotics, with the rampant water and contaminated water it would be a very

bright idea to bring something to ward off infections. Roads in to the area are closed and they are turning away

even marshals and other law enforcement officials are being turned away. An entire group from virginia

was turned away.

Also, is anyone else suprised at the stance that CNN has been taking. Just now I heard them discussing

the concept of people dying because they are black. Also, im from houston and I know, along with

fatalist that we are good people and will do what we can to help those that come here. I wish I were still

there to go help, but I have already returned to school. They are opening the Reliant Center and Im sure

that they will open the Toyota Center and maybe Minute Maid Park.

Send that interview of mayor Naygen to anyone you know. Do just what he requested by keeping

people talking. I know everyone is concerned, and I think that for the first time the majority of the country

is on the same page. Lets make sure we all know whats the deal.

im speechless honestly...

Originally posted by villain+Sep 2 2005, 03:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (villain - Sep 2 2005, 03:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Actually I poked through some of those sites I listed and didn't see any military waders. Though you may find other useful military equipment. You may have to look at fishing supply shops for waders. Or concrete worker boots... those would be sturdy. I have a pair myself... though they don't go past the knee.

Here's a preparedness link you might want to look at:

http://www.redcross.org/services/disaster/...,0_500_,00.html

Don't forget to plan your route.... You can do like CNN is and looking at Google satellite imagery. I suppose you could for the most part plan your route that way and hopefully it is in real time so you can see obstructions and flooding you may have to avoid. And you are going to have to ask the locals for working routes of ingress and egress.

*Remember you might be jacked for your car on your way to NO, and you may get jacked for a raft while in NO. Hopefully within the day the situation will be more stabilized.

[/b]

Yeah, I know. I'm aware of the car jackings and the danger of having a raft. That's partly the reason I don't want to bring a raft, so we don't attract unwanted attention. The car is going to be a rental with insurance, take that shit if they want it, but I promise you, they not gettin it before we get to the city. I don't know the city like that, but my cousin does. He was born and raised, so he knows all the cuts and shit. I've heard rumors of there being snipers positioned with shoot to kill instructions for looters and troublemakers. I hope they don't mistake us for them. Thanks for the additional links.

Originally posted by saraday@Sep 2 2005, 03:56 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Seldoon@Sep 2 2005, 02:03 PM

Thank you for the support. We'll be ok, with luck. Bug repellent, fuck I would have forgotten about that, thanks for the reminder. A raft, I considered this...I might bring one, but I think most of this will be done walking. I don't have the heart to turn anyone down to get in the raft when I see them, and there will only be so much room.  Axe, yeah, forgot that too. Those links were helpful for the boots, thanks. I sent my cousin some money via western union, somehow he managed to keep his id on him. He got a hotel room for a couple nights and some new clothes to change into. He said he was wearing the same stank, dirty shit for the past 3 days with no shower. He straight now. He said his golds still twinklin haha. He makin little jokes to keep from snappin, so i'm laughin with him. He is fucked up bout his brother for real. So am I.

this link should be helpful... i just found it today..

satellite images of water/wind damage.. you can literally zoom in onto any neighborhood in the city and see what you're up against (waterwise).. its sorta complicated to use.. you have to know where to look.. i dunno... it's helpful once you figure it out..

http://ngs.woc.noaa.gov/katrina/KATRINA0000.HTM

most of new orleans/metairie is located in the square with most of the blue (from the lake).. new orleans east is the square to the right of it..

That's a pretty detailed map, once you get it figured out. I think I'll print up the relevant sections and tape it all together into a comprehensive map. Thanks sara.

i'm freaking out..my lil sisters live in nettleton mississppi and i havent been able to get through with the phone numbers... it says due to hurricane number is disconnected.. im at fucking work dealing with these stupid fat bitches who are upset because items are on backorder.and i just want to scream and tell them to wake the fuck up.. but i havent found any news regarding nettleton..so i pray that everything is okay..

check your email.

don't worry too much alureski!!

a lot of shit isn't going to work for a long time

i googled it, looks like nettleton is in Monroe county, after looking ta the local news website, there is no mention of serious damage to that county

(som eother though, not so lucky..)

scroll all the way to the bottom, you will see no fatalities have yet been reported there..

http://wcbi.com/hurricane2.html

alure: there are over 500 cellphone towers down across LA, MS, and AL...

i didnt lose any electricity, interwebs or phone service from the storm but i have barely been able to use my cellphone at all. half the time my land line doesn't work either..

everyone down here has been having that problem, but we've got around it using txt msgs.. it works sometimes

That interview with the mayor is really good.

I'm just happy a politician is actually expressing anger, frustration and sadness instead of acting like a damn robot.

I think he also made a very good point about all of the drug addicts.

This whole situation just makes me sick, really.

It makes no sense whatsoever that no one was there to help these people. There should have been action the first day, not days later! Its so ridiculous.

The government is a joke. Rice out buying shoes and shopping during this disaster? I mean, what the fuck? As for the president...I think you guys basically said it all.

If some wealthy white population was trapped down there I have a feeling the reaction by the govt . would not have been so delayed. This is all just so fucked up.

Seldoon, I'm really sorry about your cousin. I hope everything will be ok with the rest of your fam.

Originally posted by CinchedWaist@Sep 2 2005, 05:25 PM

doesn't she live in arizona?^^

Or did she move?

Bathorae doesn't live in NO.... her sister does, she was worried about her sister earlier in the thread. Said she had just gone to the University of New Orleans.... I mentioned that I heard the area was flooded. Haven't heard from her since. Hope they are okay.

Originally posted by slave_one+Sep 2 2005, 04:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slave_one - Sep 2 2005, 04:53 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-RubbeRBand@Sep 2 2005, 12:42 PM

I felt really bad today and I urge everyone to channel their anger and hatred into art.

sorry but that was mad corny yo...

[/b]

Hahaha, "is this your card?"

Originally posted by alure+Sep 2 2005, 05:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alure - Sep 2 2005, 05:48 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-villain@Sep 2 2005, 03:15 PM

I wonder how Bathorae and her sister are doing...

bathorae lives in new mexico her sister does live in new orleans..but i think she evacuated..

[/b]

Ooohh...

I hope so.

I'm glad you got through to your family.

Anybody just watch Kanye on the redcross special just now? First he pulled the media's card about black and whites "looting" and "finding food", respectively. Then he straight up goes and I qoute "George Bush does not care about black people." Mike Meyers was standing next to him talking as well, and dude just got this majorly exasperated look on his face. They cut the camera mad quick to get away from that.

Originally posted by shape1369@Sep 2 2005, 08:51 PM

Anybody just watch Kanye on the redcross special just now? First he pulled the media's card about black and whites "looting" and "finding food", respectively. Then he straight up goes and I qoute "George Bush does not care about black people." Mike Meyers was standing next to him talking as well, and dude just got this majorly exasperated look on his face. They cut the camera mad quick to get away from that.

http://rapidshare.de/files/4662131/Kanye_-...t_NBC_.mpg.html