katrina

saraday

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by nomadawhat+Sep 1 2005, 02:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nomadawhat - Sep 1 2005, 02:18 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SteveAustin@Sep 1 2005, 02:03 PM

Is New Orleans in a blue county?

Its a 'red' state.. but maybe not Nola??

[/b]

nope, Orleans county is defintely blue. 78% to 22%.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/res...P/00/index.html

it really doesn’t make much sense to me that some people are shooting at the services that are trying to aid the situation, causing them to abandon their efforts. ive known straight up thugs... and they are people too. i cannot see anyone i have ever met (with the exception of a few loonies) trying to hinder rescue efforts. it makes no sense to me... just like dubya not even leaving the ranch until today (THE FUCKING BASTARD TERRORIST HE IS :hatred: ) with the intention of surveying the area in yet another day. And i wouldnt be the least bit surprised if he called it off because of all the "social unrest". fucking pussy. (it kinda reminds me of how at a demonstration, there are always a few assholes who throw rocks and smash windows, forcing the law enforcement to shut it down... ever wonder if those kids were on someones payroll?)

on another note... there is no way that a few platforms going out of commission would cause the oil prices to raise so dramatically, country wide! do the fucking math. maybe 3% (just a guess) of americas oil production has been slowed down… how does that justify a 12-20%, even %50 price hike at the pumps? i know that n.o. is a major port, but arent there other ports that could serve the purpose just as well? its sickening to think that the few oil barons are cashing in on others misfortune?

im just upset that so many people are straight up fucked... true suffering in our own country on a massive scale in a very small area... and its almost like the government is just letting it happen. sure, they are doing this and that... if they really wanted to, there would be food and water at least... but its like because its the ghetto, they suffer. straight up, if this was going down on manhattan beach CA, those people would have been air-lifted out days prior.

i wish i could reach through my tv and punch this bitch on cnn ,bitch said "ALl these people looting are probably criminals who have been criminals way before this, and are just using this as a excuse to do theyre criminal acts." yeah bitch, how bout i knock down your house and take everything you ever owned away from you and see what you do.

and i just heard that jay-z and puff daddy dropped 500,000 g's each

I just read the most lamest shit in some other thread this guy was all like if i was there I would be looting all the paint and guns..um yea righhht...I cant stand it when people say such uncaring things.

on another note..I hope everything works out over there and if anybody here has family or they themselves are over there I wish ya'll the best these are horrible times but we will get through them some how.

on another note ... I do agree somewhat that I think they are trying to make the people look like some type of savages/thugs..it just seems nothing is being done. ughh sometimes I really despise our country I dont understand how we can go out of our way and save some other country in the middle of nowhere but we cant even save our own people.

excuse my ramble.

that picturew they keep showing on the news of the dead old lady in the wheelchair with a blanket over her and a person wrapped in a sheet on the floor is realy fucked u[.shit is crazy man.i just heard that the army has finally showed up at the superdome and is handing out water and supply and are trying to maintain order

i just seen a interview on msnbc with a bunch of people who are on a rooftop.the name of the segment was "rooftop refugees" they were all at a hotel.and all the hotel guest and workers who had cars got in there cars without taking anyone or anything except theyre own lugguage and left.one hotel worker gave them her apartment keys. they have only enough water n food for 3 more days.they were all severely traumatized.one guy swam for 8 hours with his 3 dogs and no boats would pick him up. he was bugging out. shit is realy fucked up. it realy hits you hard.

022.jpg

you're welcome. i stumbled on it while looking around today. i had to share; the photos are so dramatic i'm swelling up w/emotion over here. i even feel like the money we donate is not close to enough, but i know it adds up somehow. it's as if we're looking at photos from a 3rd world country.

yeah i should be working too but i cant get my mind of this shit..

i'm actually pretty speechless..

dlush.. yes i can understand your frustration.. as alot of us are..and i know you're not bagging on me.. or my friend..but at least he is doing something (which can be said for most people right?)... i mean he has a job, and i'm sure he is getting down there as soon as possible..i dont have exact details.. shit i want to go down and help.

basically.. i was sticking up for FEMA...and many are down there now.. but obviously it isnt enough ... so any volunteers?

Originally posted by oneeightyone@Sep 1 2005, 07:09 PM

i retract some of my statement from earlier, but for real, what the hell is wrong with people.

im set for helping out in some way, i think me and villian should go do something, it's horrible down there.

jesus.

I've been thinking for days now what I can do personally. But there is not much we can do. Roads are unpassable and bridges are out, and I don't have a boat... I might be able to get a small motor boat.... but then what? I can't go anywhere now, I'm on call. But if you want to volunteer check out the red cross and what not. They want you to coordinate with them. If people live close to a disaster area they are encouraging people to help in any way possible.

Originally posted by villain+Sep 1 2005, 08:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (villain - Sep 1 2005, 08:33 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-oneeightyone@Sep 1 2005, 07:09 PM

i retract some of my statement from earlier, but for real, what the hell is wrong with people.

im set for helping out in some way, i think me and villian should go do something, it's horrible down there.

jesus.

I've been thinking for days now what I can do personally. But there is not much we can do. Roads are unpassable and bridges are out, and I don't have a boat... I might be able to get a small motor boat.... but then what? I can't go anywhere now, I'm on call. But if you want to volunteer check out the red cross and what not. They want you to coordinate with them. If people live close to a disaster area they are encouraging people to help in any way possible.

[/b]

word, this seems like a good opportunity to try and buy my way back into heaven. me and a few of my boys who are also carpenters are trying to head down there soon to help with rebuild when it starts, from what i'm told they're gonna need carpenters, roofers, plumbers, masons(a shit load) and any mother fucker who can swing a decent hammer.

Originally posted by SteveAustin@Sep 1 2005, 01:15 PM

where the fuck is the FEMA presence?

from what ive been hearing... fema lost alot of power due to the homeland security act, hence no lack of true leadership

but hey atleast major officials in congress and the house or reprasentatives arent on vacation or anything

oh wait they are

Originally posted by nomadawhat@Sep 1 2005, 12:28 PM

An account about what happening at the Superdome from a CNN blog. ( cnn )

A scene of anarchy'

Editor's Note: CNN correspondents report back on what they are seeing in New Orleans

Chaos at the convention center

I don't think I really have the vocabulary for this situation.

We just heard a couple of gunshots go off. There's a building smoldering a block away. People are picking through whatever is left in the stores right now. They are walking the streets because they have nowhere else to go.

Right now, I'm a few blocks away from the New Orleans Convention Center area. We drove through there earlier, and it was unbelievable. Thousands and thousands and thousands of people spent the night sleeping on the street, on the sidewalk, on the median.

The Convention Center is a place that people were told to go to because it would be safe. In fact, it is a scene of anarchy.

There is absolutely nobody in control. There is no National Guard, no police, no information to be had.

The Convention Center is next to the Mississippi River. Many people who are sleeping there feel that a boat is going to come and get them. Or they think a bus is going to come. But no buses have come. No boats have come. They think water is going come. No water has come. And they have no food.

As we drove by, people screamed out to us -- "Do you have water? Do you have food? Do you have any information for us?"

We had none of those.

Probably the most disturbing thing is that people at the Convention Center are starting to pass away and there is simply nothing to do with their bodies. There is nowhere to put them. There is no one who can do anything with them. This is making everybody very, very upset.

top.katrina.34.ap.jpg

"A man covers the body of a man who died at the convention center in New Orleans."

This entire post makes me sick. Fuck the incompetence of our leaders.

How many people from other countries are actually donating for this tragedy? Or is their hatred/jealousy and political bias against the U.S. preventing them to do so?

Reason why I ask is because Americans have generally been the most generous to other countries when they have disasters; for example more than 50% of the donations around the world for the tsunami in southeast Asia came from America, both government and private. Just remember that the majority of these people that were effected in New Orleans and the areas surrounding were poor people.

If I hear or see one more fucking person talking about how they'd be out racking paint and rocking spots I think I am going to lose it. Do you little fucking tools not understand what is happening? Have you not read or watched or listened? Get a grip.

When you are fighting for your life graffiti won't place on your priority list.

Lifted from Deezlee.com

Posted by Evan Derkacz on August 31, 2005 at 5:38 AM.

Dustin 3000 notes that 3 photos of Louisiana residents with groceries are labeled differently and asks whether wire service caption writers believe that “black people ‘loot’ [while] white people ‘find.”

38725768_16c66eb58b.jpg

38797241_e9f1083338.jpg

Tell me thats not racist... and thats who fucking feeds us our information.

Also, has anyone else noticed that all the government wants is loot? I want to send clothes and food TO THE PEOPLE!!! remember all the drama with the tsunami when like over a quarter of the cash from america went unnaccounted for? And we still cannot see the itemized accounting of american donations... bet ya forgot about that, huh?

TRY TO HELP THE VICTIMS... HOOK UP SUPPORT WITH REAL KIDS... MAIL BOXES OF CLOTHES TO FRIENDS IN THE SOUTH AND GET THEM TO THE PEOPLE THAT NEED THEM. George Bush advised "dont send clothing or food" but donate your loot to the red cross. Thats all fine and shit, but id rather KNOW where its going... know homies kids have formula, his wifes got some pants and a sweater and he found a fifty in his pocket. naw-meen?

Originally posted by trackstand@Sep 1 2005, 07:31 PM

If I hear or see one more fucking person talking about how they'd be out racking paint and rocking spots I think I am going to lose it. Do you little fucking tools not understand what is happening? Have you not read or watched or listened? Get a grip.

When you are fighting for your life graffiti won't place on your priority list.

seriousley its fucked how people are dying and how theyve lost homes and alot of there belongings and all you think about is racking paint and hitting spots....thats fucked up........... :hatred: :hatred: :hatred:

I've been paying close, close attention to this since the hurricane started. When I watch the news or listen to NPR, I'm on the verge of tears the whole time, and I'm in the Northeast, far removed from the situation. This is affecting the whole country in many, many ways and it will for a long time.

It should be said, that our piece of shit president should take a significant amount of blame for this and that should not be ignored. Flood protection programs in New Orleans that were started in 1995 had their budgets severly cut after our president decided to slaughter people in Iraq for oil. He sent out National Guardsmen to fight overseas when they should have been over here precisely for situations such as this one. He severly cut funding to FEMA literally ONE MONTH AGO, claiming it was for the war and that "we can handle a national disaster". He has been on vacation for a couple of weeks now. Everyone knew this thing was coming since Friday, a week ago. This country depends on the president to make calls such as sending out troops to help, preparing food and water for the people stuck there, and making important decisions in a time of crisis like this among other things. He waited until Wednesday to end his little decadent vacation in his daddy's ranch in Texas where he can pretend to be a cowboy who's "good people", wearing his big cowboy hat and mugging for cameras while he chops wood for publicity shots. He waited until three days after the storm, two days after the flooding started. His "assessment" of the area consisted of a fly-over in a jet. He said, Thursday morning, "who would have thought the levees would break".

There have been extensive reports done on the scenerios that would unfold if New Orleans was hit by a catagory 4 or 5 hurricane. These were done in 2000 and 2001. It is now approaching the end of 2005. Who would of thought the levees would break? Everyone. Fuck you, Mr. President.

These people looting and living like animals in the streets now were left behind by their government. These people didn't have cars, are uneducated and uninformed about what could have happened, they stayed because they couldn't leave and because all they have is that city. Now they are fucked and the facts are being supressed by government officials.

On NPR, Thursday afternoon, I listened as the news anchor was interviewing the Secretary of Homeland Security. He said to him, I'm paraphrasing, "we have reporters that are at the Superdome, at the the Convention center, they are seeing people die, people living in their own filth, raw sewege surrounding them, they have no food, no water, nothing. There are no police or troops around, no one is telling them anything." The Secretary's response: "It's important not to believe all the rumors you hear, they have water and food, there are people that are helping them out." The anchor: "Well, these aren't rumors - we have reporters that are there that we are talking to now and they are telling us these people are living like animals, without food or water and they are literally dieing amongst each other. People are getting shot and killed in these shelters, a 10 year old girl was raped multiple times. These are not rumors."

The response from the Secretary? "I'm not going to argue with you on the radio, anymore, I have nothing more to say."

i litereally had to take a break from the media frenzy yesterday.. i nearly reached the point of panic attack.. there's so much misinformation being spit left and right.. it's hard to even know what to believe.

mayor ray nagin was on CNN ripping the federal gov't a new asshole this morning, by the end of the interview he was in tears. i have a friend recording and uploading it, i'll post it later.

last night i got severely drunk with a good friend in NOLA who lost EVERYTHING monday. he and his g/f lived right by the 17th st. canal. he lost a couple guitars, his rig, his synths, 2 mpc's, 2 BRAND NEW technics, etc... you could see the sorrow in his eyes.

the tv is like poison.. i can't turn it off but i can't bear to look. last night on CNN nightly news they were showing the dead bodies floating by the convention center. i saw a man holding his 3 week old baby screaming "she hasn't eaten in days, where's the mayor, where's the president".. i knew all this stuff was a reality, but i didn't want to look. again, i cried.