Movie Recommendation Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

511WHGYR7QL._SS500_.jpg

Mickey Rourke at the top of his game, Robert De Niro at his most sinister, and Lisa Bonet (from the Cosby Show) nude. It's like a mix of old Hollywood detective movies and 1970s Satan films like Rosemary's Baby and The Omen.

51UFJaD89fL._SS500_.jpg

This film actually worked really well, and I don't even like Ryan Phillippe.

515HY1A69HL._SS500_.jpg

Awesome Japanese horror collection, three masters of the horror/gore genre, three different equally fucked up stories.

I just got fired from my job at a movie theater HAHAHAH

movies iv seen while working there recently that id recomend..........

The Ten

Pari je tem

rush hour 3

transformers

pass on

day watch

sicko

you kill me

simpsons(I know...but aside from the beginning it was hella boring)

if you want to see a movie that will fuck with your head, check this one out:

51KJ70VGE8L._AA240_.jpg

i watched it about 12 years ago. i was 20 years old, just moved into my new apartment, sat down with a bong and smoked through the whole movie. when i was done watching it, i swear i thought i was schizophrenic. it's a dark character piece, that takes you into the mind of a schizo father, trying to find his daughter.

the director's name is lodge kerrigan, and he did another film "claire dolan," which is fucked up in it's own way as well. i recommend his work to any film nerds reading this.

claire_dolan_dempsey.jpg

i think takashi miike is pretty overrated but if you like him id suggest checking out

ley_lines_affiche.jpg

Ley Lines (Nihon Kuroshakai)

The last film in Japanese shock director Takashi Miike's Triad Society Trilogy is a beautifully filmed examination of alienation awash with stylized colors. Miike follows three disaffected Chinese youths living in Japan as they desperately try to better themselves while simultaneously falling into a life of crime. In Japanese with English subtitles.