Movie Recommendation Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

just finished watching Edmond. really really dark comedy. kinda grim throughout the whole film. like watching someone fuck up continually. you never get to be comfortable with the main character. the ending is disturbing as well. i dont think i got the point so im going to have to watch it again. if you like chewing on glass i guess you should watch this.

THE Aussie flick to watch right here~>

CHOPPER

3785_poster_chopper.jpg

chopper.JPG

And one of the most gangster flicks I've ever seen..

Even crazier is that it's based on a real dudes life~

Extra footage on the DVD has an interview him

One of the best movies in the past 20 years as far as I'm concerned..

LA HAINE

la_haine_av.jpg

haine.jpg

"A man jumps off of a high-rise building..

on the way down he thinks..

So far, so good..

So far, so good..

Then you realize,

It's not how you fall, it's how you land.."

American VHS cover..

haine.jpg

And at last,

a classic that gives you something new each time you viddy it,

and always deserves mention..

clockwork-orange-film-score-stanley-kubrick-4003624.jpg

ClockworkofMan.jpg

THE Aussie flick to watch right here~>

CHOPPER

3785_poster_chopper.jpg

chopper.JPG

And one of the most gangster flicks I've ever seen..

Even crazier is that it's based on a real dudes life~

Extra footage on the DVD has an interview him

Chopper and Stomper get praised alot, but really the aussie film to watch is Blue Murder. It's about police corruption/underworld

It's without any theatrics at all (not art-house however) actually, there's discernable artistry in the direction. Its just increbibly well-made. It's just so fucking good, the writing and acting is amazing.. puts all other aussie movies to shame:

blue_murder.jpg

bluemurder_1.jpg

bluemurder_2.jpg

bluemurder_3.jpg

B00000JLWW.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1057212608_.jpg

I know, I know, but hear me out. Rent it, on demand it, or catch it on cable, whatever. Forget the first hour and a half, fast forward it. The last hour of the film is one of the most awe-inspiring pieces of disaster cinema ever made. It's absolutely fucking brutal, kids dying, women slamming off of railings, men shooting themselves in the head, people freezing to death while drowning each other. I don't know how they got away with a PG-13. Plus, pulling off such a detailed replica of the Titanic is an amazing feat.

B000CSUNQQ.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1138845765_.jpg

Interesting character study. Advertised as a comedy, but it's not. It's really depressing but well done. Just make sure you know that you're not going to watch a comedy.

B00000FZQ8.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1056645300_.jpg

Considered one of the finest sci-fi pictures ever made, by many. I haven't seen it in years but I remember it's good. Intellectual sci-fi.

B000EZ908Y.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V53937109_.jpg

New Zealand film, won the New Zealand acadamy award for best picture in 1985, among other things. This guy wakes up and finds he is the last man on Earth. Everyone else has disappeared without a trace, leaving behind semi-destruction and desolation. A real head-trip. This one I have re-watched recentely, it's worth the pick-up.