DETROIT GRAFFITI

Issac Brock

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DSD666

• GLEN BENTON

• wickedwacko!

• LEEZYONE

i just wasted my time looking at like 10 pages of this thread & the only thing worth looking at is a fuckin DONT throwup... this shit is borderline embarassing.

man, detroit. this city is the most-overweight & the most-unemployed... does it really have to be the worst at graffiti too??? wheres pherz when you need him?

i just wasted my time looking at like 10 pages of this thread & the only thing worth looking at is a fuckin DONT throwup... this shit is borderline embarassing.

man, detroit. this city is the most-overweight & the most-unemployed... does it really have to be the worst at graffiti too??? wheres pherz when you need him?

Worst at graffiti? Have you seen the Portland Oregon thread?!

To all opinionated, what makes a "good writer" to you?

quantity and quality. moreso quantity i feel because you can have mad skill but if all you do is legal walls and chill spots i dont really recognize that person as a writer per say. one must put in the work on the streets. and i can respect getting up like crazy even if it looks bad. but people should at least try to progress from a toy state.

to all the people with question marks floating over their heads...

if you aren't fully disappointed with what's going on lately, then you're probably the reason why it looks so shitty around here.

it's cool, i smell a lot of comebacks farting their way around this summer, too bad all the shabby graff is making it hot out here for some pimps.

and portland has us beat for sure, don't hate.

quantity and quality. moreso quantity i feel because you can have mad skill but if all you do is legal walls and chill spots i dont really recognize that person as a writer per say. one must put in the work on the streets. and i can respect getting up like crazy even if it looks bad. but people should at least try to progress from a toy state.

BOOOOORRRRRRRRRRINNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

You need that def wild style 18 color street sides. You gotta listen to Lil B young based god cuz hes the truth. The realest since 2Pac. You need a pill or heroin addiction. You need to rep at least 5 if not 6 crews. You need to start beef over a girl. You also need to have painted like 6 plus years and only hit like 5 spots a year though. If youre friends with a popular writer and youre not that good that also helps out cuz its just a popularity contest anyways. You need to come on here and complain about the lack of flicks of good graffiti but never post flicks cuz if you do youre not a real writer. That about sums it up.

Yall bitches need to stop complaining and post some flicks...or stop coming on here if all you do is complain like little bitches. And those that dont hit streets no more shouldnt complain about making it hot. Fucking paranoia will get the best of you.

eh, I usually agree with glen on most shit, but that whole shitty graf is making shit hot is tiring buddy. every single motherfucker in here sucked on the streets at one time. all of you. most of the old heads, fuck em. I aint saying cap their shit off, but fuck yalls opinion. young cats are coming up and doing dumb shit, let em. at least motherfuckers are getting up and out, unlike most the cats that complain all day. and it's just gonna get worst. getting warmer out. more retarded shit is gonna happen. and detroitred, I dont know if you were referring sloe going over you in that flick that was posted, but if you were, your shit was got gone over a long time ago, about 6 7 times over now, and the transformers buff. no need to get all hurt about a chill spot that's been gone at least 2 years now. fuck all yall. bump rilla.

*didn't see this^ u posted while i was writing, so my reply doesn't apply to our last comment.

despite how futile it will be to say this, but a few of y'all need to hush up and realize your place on the food chain.

stop self promo-ing each other, this thread would be alot better if it just dropped to the second or third page once in a while, nobody needs to keep bitching like this so often, and nobody needs to see flicks of spots before they're even dry.

obviously the work that's being done isn't being acknowledged as worthy, but instead of heeding the words of peers, it seems that people feel that they should just keep going with what they're doing. You can't expect positive feedback after people have tried to help you out, weather with advice, or criticism (yes, negative feedback is actually helpful). It's like fishing, if you throw a shitty net, don't be mad when you get shitty fish, just fix your net and get them tuna and grouper.

a little cup of humble would go a looooong way in here, that's all i'm saying.

and in reply to dsd, yes, people are getting "up and out" but it's been a couple years, now it's time to be more thoughtful and clean your shit up, put out a proper product, rather than shitloads of sub-par product. And this isn't just directed towards one single group of people, this is a pretty broad statement, there's like 3 new-ish cliques here that this statement applies to, i ain't picking on one direct person.

• Like 2

*didn't see this^ u posted while i was writing, so my reply doesn't apply to our last comment.

despite how futile it will be to say this, but a few of y'all need to hush up and realize your place on the food chain.

stop self promo-ing each other, this thread would be alot better if it just dropped to the second or third page once in a while, nobody needs to keep bitching like this so often, and nobody needs to see flicks of spots before they're even dry.

obviously the work that's being done isn't being acknowledged as worthy, but instead of heeding the words of peers, it seems that people feel that they should just keep going with what they're doing. You can't expect positive feedback after people have tried to help you out, weather with advice, or criticism (yes, negative feedback is actually helpful). It's like fishing, if you throw a shitty net, don't be mad when you get shitty fish, just fix your net and get them tuna and grouper.

a little cup of humble would go a looooong way in here, that's all i'm saying.

and in reply to dsd, yes, people are getting "up and out" but it's been a couple years, now it's time to be more thoughtful and clean your shit up, put out a proper product, rather than shitloads of sub-par product. And this isn't just directed towards one single group of people, this is a pretty broad statement, there's like 3 new-ish cliques here that this statement applies to, i ain't picking on one direct person.

^like

To all opinionated, what makes a "good writer" to you?

tight pants. gotta listen to the smiths. gotta listen to lil b. gotta have good rap letter structure. gotta grow a mustache. gotta ride a skateboard. all of these combined will make you better at graf and make you a superb dancer. all 11 elements of hip hop and dimensions cannot be achieved without these. also, you gotta be in the right clique. that helps a lot.

if were talking about the metal box, didnt gasm go over you? if youre talking about the transformer buffed walls, man there was so much shit there over the last few years. maybe korg at one time? I wanna say. possibly doke? reft. sisto and daser. some scribbled shit. blue. sisto I think again, transformers. me. blue. me.

i was referring to the metal box on the tracks off of hamtramck drive...

@sloe...no worries.

@dsd...do you know who dissed it first?

cool, def not trying to start shit. dont ever go over someone on purpose, especially you. nothin but respect and admiration.

all those trackside spots y'all do really paid off today...

channel 7 took a ride down the amtrak line and just faced the camera out a window...

gasm the alien and old man river reft shining bright, along with a couple sneak peeks of random other walls, if i didn't have to go to work i'd tripod shoot the dvr'ed shit on my tv... i will later though.

i just kept crossing my fingers that they don't mention graff, sure talk about the stray dogs and fucked industrial complexes, just don't mention all the graffiti.

if were talking about the metal box, didnt gasm go over you? if youre talking about the transformer buffed walls, man there was so much shit there over the last few years. maybe korg at one time? I wanna say. possibly doke? reft. sisto and daser. some scribbled shit. blue. sisto I think again, transformers. me. blue. me.

naw....gasm sidebusted that metal box spot with a killz cap tag...along with a number of other spots. i already knew that wall under 94 got buffed. i was curious who dissed that metal box first.

also...i will give this rap letter tip for free....if you are going to go over someone...even if it is dissed.... at least go over the whole spot so you cant tell whats under it. its a good way to avoid people thinking you are dissing them. or..better yet...to avoid all confusion....if you are a newjack in the game...dont go over anyone, even if it is dissed....unless its at a yard.