DETROIT GRAFFITI

Issac Brock

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DSD666

• GLEN BENTON

• wickedwacko!

• LEEZYONE

FAQ:[/size]

Did you get permission?

Yes, not only did i ask for approval from the building owners, I'm also getting paid to do the murals. It's part of Art X Detroit taking place in Midtown from April 6th until the 10th.

How do you feel about your number being posted?

All threats will be taken seriously, in the meantime however, I've gotten a couple e-mails and phone calls in support of my project which is how I found out about 12 oz. prophet in the first place! Also, with a project like mine, there has to be a level of transparency. Besides my e-mail and phone number is everywhere, on my other website: cedrictai.com, we live in a world where privacy is really tricky, ever think about how traceable you are just by going onto the internet? Detroit is a small community anyways, people know who tagged the Slows To Go restaurant when that opened up, I'm taking different risks that grafitti artists don't take, the lack of anonymity.

right. sorry, not sure about that...anonymity in this case is the bigger risk.

what you're doing sounds like self-promo & marketing, which makes sense for a gallery artist. while you are getting $$ and a permitted safety net & congratulated and all for your work, these are artists who get no credit, still get out there and create in spite of the law & risk. they do it cos its in their heart, amongst other reasons...not just for their wallets.

48 guests. wow. this nigga. I am personally shitting on everything you do from this point foward. fuck all these cats here talking to you. I am telling you I am doing it. even better, if you dont know who I am, pm me. and then after that, please leave this fucking thread. for posting flicks of graffiti. something you have nothing to do with. you fucking went over revok, good job, you got your 15 minutes. you're worst than the bitch that did the lager house and said she happily goes over porab. yall probably know each other. ceedric seriously, you do not belong on this thread, please leave. before 48 hipster art fags make screenames to defend your "work." thanks.

and to the rest of yall, stop talking to this nigga. yall know he dont belong here, and he is bringing mad other motherfuckers that dont belong here with him. you got his number, address, if yall got something to say to him, call him or meet this nigga face to face. seriously, we aint been posting flicks lately, and now this clown is gonna take up 3 pages? fuck yall niggas need to stop getting high so much.

Alright, I'll leave this thread I was just curious about the whole subculture of grafitti since so much craziness went down about 555 removing a Banksy, and then their whole operation was in peril, but it pissed me off that then the building owners tried to sue them once they realized it was worth money. C'mon you're all acting like I am a threat to good grafitti, I'm inviting good artists to make some sweet work that won't just fizzle against my razzle dazzle brixels, throw ups are just too common in Detroit. You don't think it's not a risk to be public because I make some money? You won't be doing grafitti forever, money has more to do with sustainability. I don't make art for money either, but you're absolutely right that I'm dabbling with marketing, I can't wait until some brixels show up and I'm not the one who did it.

alright fellas, I gotta do this. gonna repost some randoms up in this bitch cause this shit is getting out of hand. enjoy the flicks if you aint ever seen them, and greyghost you have been good on getting flicks, there is actually new shit out there. peace yall.

twdpackard.jpg

soulfood.jpg

packardroller.jpg

oldgrafflicks007.jpg

oldgrafflicks015.jpg

pj1.jpg

hipsters.jpg

flicks025-6.jpg

flicks058.jpg

flicks011-6.jpg

flicks014-6.jpg

Alright, I'll leave this thread I was just curious about the whole subculture of grafitti since so much craziness went down about 555 removing a Banksy, and then their whole operation was in peril, but it pissed me off that then the building owners tried to sue them once they realized it was worth money. C'mon you're all acting like I am a threat to good grafitti, I'm inviting good artists to make some sweet work that won't just fizzle against my razzle dazzle brixels, throw ups are just too common in Detroit. You don't think it's not a risk to be public because I make some money? You won't be doing grafitti forever, money has more to do with sustainability. I don't make art for money either, but you're absolutely right that I'm dabbling with marketing, I can't wait until some brixels show up and I'm not the one who did it.

no. not cos you make money...we all have to...its just no real big risk @ all to be a 'public' artist....isnt that the point of being a gallery/conventional artist...putting a face to ur work...think tho its your arrogance to come onto a thread like this or 'razzle dazzle' over someone peoples stuff & think youre doing something people should be in awe of/grateful to be 'invited' to join. realize the city prolly commi$$ioned you to go over and specifically cover up the work of graffiti artists, not 'collaborate', right? why didnt you just get paid to do a free wall. there are plenty around for your 'project' and concepts.

ok. sorry. dsd is right. im done. sigh.

posted?

DSC06829.jpg

DSC06841.jpg

DSC06786.jpg

DSC06736.jpg

355e0170.jpg

• Like 1