the torrent sharing thread

casekonly

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 weeks later...

Re: the torrent sharingBold thread

!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!

i just got an email from comcast (my service provider) entitled "Notice of Action under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act," informing me that a copyright owner or its authorized agent has reported an infringement on their copyright connected with my IP address.. The torrent i was downloading is listed and everything. They didn't really threaten me at all, just "remind"ed me i could be in violation of their terms.

So, watch yourselves. I think this was because i was dling something that was 3 or 400 hundred weeks old, so someone probably had an eye on it.

anyone else gotten any thing like this?

Guest shai_hulud

There's a ton of information about how to do just that in the computer thread, Style.

I feel like this thread really needs to get removed, but there's not a lot I can do about it.

Maybe someone who can do something about this will make it happen...it's a pretty big risk at this point even to have links on the board.

Just a thought.

Re: the torrent sharingBold thread

!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!

i just got an email from comcast (my service provider) entitled "Notice of Action under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act," informing me that a copyright owner or its authorized agent has reported an infringement on their copyright connected with my IP address.. The torrent i was downloading is listed and everything. They didn't really threaten me at all, just "remind"ed me i could be in violation of their terms.

So, watch yourselves. I think this was because i was dling something that was 3 or 400 hundred weeks old, so someone probably had an eye on it.

anyone else gotten any thing like this?

This is actually quite common. If they ever do threaten you, just call them up and play dumb and say you learned your lesson, ect etc, and you should be good.

And it happened because you didn't have PeerGuardian2 installed.

peerguardian2, Ill check it out. Thanks

And i don't know, Shai, it doesn't seem like much of a risk to have this thread here. I would think that there are plenty of other sites someone would want to go after before this one.

peyote,

utorrent is what i've been using for the past few years and it seems to work great. I guess i haven't used anything else but the original bittorent client though.

http://www.utorrent.com/

i use bittorrent and it can knock a 5 gig download out in like 45 mins man.and the thing with the isp contacting you that is crazy man.all my isp does when i download too much at one time is they reset my connection that way everything stops and just pisses me off. good ol america for you though.

Guest shai_hulud
peerguardian2, Ill check it out. Thanks

And i don't know, Shai, it doesn't seem like much of a risk to have this thread here. I would think that there are plenty of other sites someone would want to go after before this one.

http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122291

It's kind of a toss up. When I read that, I got nervous because I don't want to see Raven get in any hot water...yet the torrent thread is still here, even though Casek said he thought it should be deleted...then nothing happened.

So, I think if you have a link to something that you want to share, the thing to do is to use more private channels (email, PM, IM, etc.) until further notice. It just makes a lot more sense to do it that way.

There's a ton of information about how to do just that in the computer thread, Style.

I feel like this thread really needs to get removed, but there's not a lot I can do about it.

Maybe someone who can do something about this will make it happen...it's a pretty big risk at this point even to have links on the board.

Just a thought.

yeah album trader got closed and this is on the same level of downloading music if not worse

yeah album trader got closed and this is on the same level of downloading music if not worse

i think i would disagree here

as someone stated in that thread, most of those links were people uploading things themselves. Any idiot can go out into the big internet and find a torrent. I don't know, this thread just doesn't seem like a risk to me. With, what is it, 2/3 of all internet traffic being on bittorent, why fuck with 12oz, where we just link to sites that link to links of things.

BUT

now that i think about it, i don't think i have ever gotten anything out of this thread, really. Its easy enough to find it yourself. So, whatever

Seems like a list of solid sites (i.e. ISO hunt) would suffice. Nothing wrong with that, right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
does anyone know of any working vista torrents? all the ones i find suck and fuck up my computer

trading music is one thing because some companies don't care simply, but posting anything about MS products is pretty.....well, bad. figuratively speaking, your cock will be nailed to the wall should they catch you. be extremely careful, because that copy of vista may cost you about 10 grand. not saying their shit isn't overpriced AND should be pirated, but i just don't condone it without working knowledge of remaining anonymous

• 1 month later...

It's long shot but does anyone know of a link to Jonathan Round? He only released 1 album on westbound records and all searcehs have found nothing. He does the most evil, insane cover of sympathy for the devil and would love to get a copy. Nothing on amazon, the label site, or the standard torrent sites. Thanks.

• 4 years later...