The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The mid to late 90's when everything went in reverse and boards got huge again and wheels got huge again and shoes turned into moon-boots and all my freinds and favorite pros digressed into frontside boardsliding, slappygrinding dreadlocked, burnout, rasta-hippie clones and the smallest set-up I could find was a 8 with 52mm wheels.... was my absolute least favorite time in skateboarding history. Shit was like a nightmare. I thought I was in the fucking Twilight Zone. :yuck:

Originally posted by SF1@Feb 14 2006, 02:48 AM

The mid to late 90's when everything went in reverse and boards got huge again and wheels got huge again and shoes turned into moon-boots and all my freinds and favorite pros digressed into frontside boardsliding, slappygrinding dreadlocked, burnout, rasta-hippie clones and the smallest set-up I could find was a 8 with 52mm wheels.... was my absolute least favorite time in skateboarding history. Shit was like a nightmare. I thought I was in the fucking Twilight Zone. :yuck:

word up... especially in philadelphia. that whole fucking "dagger" shit that was going on was lame. seriously, trying to make sparks by feeble grinding a marble bench isn't a cool trick.

of course the flip-in-flip-out shit going on now is just as inaccessible... fuck, i'm old.

Originally posted by Your Moms New Boyfriend@Feb 14 2006, 07:33 AM

I want to see what the Koston lakai shoe is gonna look like

he left es? when did this happen. my buddy bought the like koston 7's or some shit. they are ok. i really liked the original kostons. and the 3rd ones i think that looked like basketball shoes were dope too.

Originally posted by dobsilla+Feb 14 2006, 04:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dobsilla - Feb 14 2006, 04:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Your Moms New Boyfriend@Feb 14 2006, 07:33 AM

I want to see what the Koston lakai shoe is gonna look like

he left es? when did this happen. my buddy bought the like koston 7's or some shit. they are ok. i really liked the original kostons. and the 3rd ones i think that looked like basketball shoes were dope too.

[/b]

well he left eS and is on Lakai when his contract ends.

he's been on the recent Lakai tour to new zealand.

Guy Mariano is on Lakai too.

hes got his pro shoe coming out in the summer.

Originally posted by thecarwreck+Feb 14 2006, 06:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thecarwreck - Feb 14 2006, 06:15 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SF1@Feb 14 2006, 02:48 AM

word up... especially in philadelphia. that whole fucking "dagger" shit that was going on was lame. seriously, trying to make sparks by feeble grinding a marble bench isn't a cool trick.

of course the flip-in-flip-out shit going on now is just as inaccessible... fuck, i'm old.

[/b]

Yeah... I'm from Philly. I wasn't exagerating either. I used to mooch peoples worn down wheels instead of buying new ones cause all the new ones were too big. And finding an old deck that was in the 7.5-7.75 range laying around a shop collecting dust was a God send.

That's funny, I was relieved when I was finally able to get 58mm again. Fortunately, Zoo York got me through the lean years when nobody else would put out an 8 1/2 inch deck.

Originally posted by shameless self promotion@Feb 12 2006, 06:51 PM

supra-721852.jpg

New Penny Model coming out for Supra shoes..

These remind me of the Diamond dunks everyone went so nutty for, but in a slightly less offensive color scheme.