The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by dobsilla@Feb 21 2006, 07:41 PM

dude those lakais arent even fucked up yet. i would skate in some shoes til the front was missing from them and the lace holes were worn through.

Thats the thing.....i have been through 3 laces on each shoe...and run out of black laces..so i ended up with red.

u need to check the bottom out though...

Image011.jpg

Get some ankle supports...or a tubi grip.

I have become alot more tech since i busted up both my ankles up.

I reccomend if you want to get anywhere with skateboarding..dont bother with stairs anymore unless you feel your gonna land it PERFECT.

I only do small stairs now..5-6 stairs at most.

Originally posted by Your Moms New Boyfriend@Feb 22 2006, 05:53 AM

this was my good homie Lee.. mos amazing skateboarder and person ever.. he was shot and killed in December.. if you read teh new skateborder and Transworld theres some write ups on him

RIP

fcf5fad3.jpg

fcf5fad6.jpg

leelittlebg.jpg

That sucks. Why'd he get shot? Over beef or was it random?

Originally posted by isor357@Feb 23 2006, 05:27 AM

i got a new deck and it just dont pop right for me. I just dont know

Is your board too stiff? I swear to God they're all too fucking stiff these says. I had a Stereo board a couple years ago (when they started up again) that wasn't bad, but other than that EVERY board is so stiff it has no flex at all for pop these days.

:spent:

Does anyone else feel that skateboarding nowadays is just a constant battle against losing tricks and trying to retrieve old ones back? When I was more active, back in highschool, I would learn new tricks every week. Now I always feel like focusing my board when I can't pop a clean treflip all day. Skating is still fun though.

Originally posted by caffeine@Feb 23 2006, 12:51 AM

Does anyone else feel that skateboarding nowadays is just a constant battle against losing tricks and trying to retrieve old ones back? When I was more active, back in highschool, I would learn new tricks every week. Now I always feel like focusing my board when I can't pop a clean treflip all day. Skating is still fun though.

I feel the same. i dont even try to get all technical anymore. Its all about skating real fast and doing simple tricks but real big.Trying to keep up with my old self takes the fun out of it. I dont care anymore.

Originally posted by isor357+Feb 23 2006, 05:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (isor357 - Feb 23 2006, 05:58 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-caffeine@Feb 23 2006, 12:51 AM

I feel the same. i dont even try to get all technical anymore. Its all about skating real fast and doing simple tricks but real big.Trying to keep up with my old self takes the fun out of it. I dont care anymore.

[/b]

No doubt! I been feeling like that for years. It makes me wonder if there's some secret conspiracy where they send the GOOD shit to all the pros and teenaged ams and sell the bullshit stiff boards to us common folk. :yuck:

*ConspiracyNutOnerSkiBopper->