The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

almost 20 years now.....jesus... i remember the first time i felt like i NEEDED to skateboard.....i was at the warwick mall in RI (it was an RI mall, i know that much), and i wanted to take my big fucking single kicktail (not even a nash....a Benny's no-name skateboard that had a badass skull with a knife through it and just skate off the ledge next to the entrance as fast as humanly possible. i had no idea about tricks, no fucking clue about kickflips, shuv its, tailslides, NOTHING. just going fast, and jumping off of big fucking things. Fuck yeah.

if you are skateboarding as a hobby....you will be quitting in no time. they always do.

props to all the people who recognize their first love.

I've been skateboarding 22 years.

I gave up any fantasy of ever turning it into a living well over 10 years ago.

Skateboarding is a hobby for me. It's something that I do because it's fun.

And I wasn't dead serious with that post about "everybody go find a new hobby".

I've been skateboarding 22 years.

I gave up any fantasy of ever turning it into a living well over 10 years ago.

Skateboarding is a hobby for me. It's something that I do because it's fun.

And I wasn't dead serious with that post about "everybody go find a new hobby".

i find it strange when people consider a commitment to skateboarding the same as building model cars or collecting guns or scrapbooking or restoring old furniture...because thats what i think of when i hear the word hobby.

since we have our dicks out...ive been skating since 1987-88....ive gotten shop flow when i was younger...but i skate now for the same reason i skated when i was a kid...because i love it.

http://vertisdead.blogspot.com/2011/03/sam-hitz.html

"I like grinding, dude, that's what it's all about. For me, alls I want to do is fucking grind my back truck to hell and back. It's all about grinding the back truck. You're not skating unless you grind the back truck. I don't give a fuck about the front truck, grind the back truck. Grind the back truck, and then you're a real skateboarder. Grind it. Grind the fucking back truck."

I think that just summed up everything for me. Ever. If you've seen me skate, you know.

WIN A FREE MONTH OF 12ozPROPHET - DIRTY DOZEN - VIP

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!

Our advertising partners help make 12oz possible, so please show them some love and check out their goods and services regardless of contests and incentives.

This contest will run all week. All submissions must be received by Friday April 1st 2011 at 6pm EST.

Contest Rules:

1. Click on any advertisement***you see throughout 12ozProphet.

2. Once on the advertisers site, Take a screen grab of the page. Submit four different screen grabs for one full month.

3. PM all the screen grabs to us by deadline!

Thats a full month of VIP for submitting 4 screen grabs proving you took the time to visit our advertiser's site and check out their offerings.***Plus you're helping 12ozProphet by showing our advertisers love and support which goes a long way towards making them want to advertise on 12ozProphet again.

Remember: Send us your screen grab via Private message. We will update member accounts once a day, so please be patient and we'll hook it up. Make sure you submit correctly because we will not reply back to submissions that are wrong. Limit: 1 completed submission per member per contest.

And again… Please show our advertisers love and check out what they have to offer. It only takes a few minutes to check out their goods and in return their support helps maintain 12ozProphet and keep it growing.

This contest will run all week. All submissions must be received by Friday April 1st 2011 at 6pm EST.

WIN A FREE MONTH OF 12ozPROPHET - DIRTY DOZEN - VIP