The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

went skating here a weekend or 2 ago while camping, was hungover like crazy and had a stomach full of mcdonalds for breakfast so it wasnt the best session, fun park though. that bowl is savage. i was carving around and tried to hit that little roll in the middle and completely launched off it and straight into the transition in front of it, where that board and water are in the first flick, head first into that haha. was a nice park, coolest thing that went down is my buddy nosepicked in the bowl, no great flick of it though.. it also had a railroad track going from the park to the parking lot, so you could grind the track to your car, that was fun ha.

southparis_skatepark5.jpg

southparis_skatepark4.jpg

southparis_skatepark2.jpg

chupa im def. down for a weekend park session, i'll try and see if i can get some people organized and get a nice park/trip/spot in order and shit, i'll talk to some people today.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

....AHEM....

i seriously think a bigass trip to groton, ct is in order. it's a haul, but honestly, it's got the fastest lines of any park i've been to in the northeast, and it's constantly being rebuilt. here's some pics, but it doesn't show any of the new stuff. there's an (at least) 13 or 14 ft bowl with a BEAUTIFUL brand new pool coping put down on it.

but seriously, if we can get a fuckton of people together for this shit. burgers are on me, no bullshit. and i'll bring a 30 rack of something cheap.

a good idea of the park -

IMG_2910.jpg

IMG_2967.jpg

no pictures of the new additions it seems, but i'll look for some.

2 hour drive or so isn't too shabby. We could definitely cram people into 1 or 2 vehicles and then mob out in a hotel room or something if people aren't trying to drive back the same day. In the meantime, we should definitely shoot some more photos around here some time. I'm also considering looking into trying to find some lighting gear on craigslist or something, and possibly a wider angle lens if i actually get back into shooting photos on a regular basis. Bring on the nighttime sessions and dangerously close photos.

edit: I wish xjonx was still around. Thats the dude i need to be asking about lighting and flash shit for this type of photography.

well, i'm down for the closer ones anytime. i skated that spot again today and was nailing every 5-0 i threw down on the titty and even pulled off some miracles (5-0 revert 180 on top of the titty with my hands dragging on the fucking ground) and some pretty nasty smiths on the extension

There's 3 people that made me want to skate fast especially at a park : Eric Dressen , John Cardiel & Tommy Guerrero . Those guys skated fast as if their lives depended on it . Plus you don't always nail what you're going for and can make something out of nothing if you have the speed . :cool:

That Bay Village Skate Park I posted pages back is being built right now , and I can't wait to skate it . It's a straight shot more or less down a single road 15 minutes from my house . It's a smaller park but has nice looking flow in the pic , we'll see .

Final-north-east-bf.jpg

that bowl looks dangerous

I havent stepped on a board in a while.. my 2 and half year old son loves to skateboard. I've been waiting for a friend to send me a package /nh. but hes lacking. I might have to break down and buy a new setup.. I have some boards at home on the wall but I think I will hold off setting those up.. Completes around here are expensive.. I might lower my standards and order from online.

footage of my son..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9DY53_VhLI

This Sunday is the 3rd Annual " Big Race of Cleveland " . I'll be skating in the " Coffin Races " , representing West Side Skates . Shit is gonna be fun as hell . :cool:

Here's a short video of last year's event .

This year's " Weapon Of Choice " .

41313_149855551707223_100000483361300_433489_5403102_n.jpg

44354_149855685040543_100000483361300_433490_3073752_n.jpg

yo crack and chupa, got some people down for a trip to that place in CT one of the next couple weekends, all i had to do was show them the park and they were sold ha.. so word, i'll hit you guys up with a pm later and get your numbers and shit and figure out when we're gonna do this.

I have family in town labor day weekend, but other than that, I'm down any time. Time to start browsing craigslist for a wider angle lens, methinks.

I'd love to, but they're expensive as fuuuuck. Plus, i have this bad tendancy of getting excited about photography again, dropping some money on gear, then not getting nearly enough use out of it. If i can find one for a reasonable amount, i might go for it though since the only things i've spent money on in the past few months are rent, bills and food.

I'd love to, but they're expensive as fuuuuck. Plus, i have this bad tendancy of getting excited about photography again, dropping some money on gear, then not getting nearly enough use out of it. If i can find one for a reasonable amount, i might go for it though since the only things i've spent money on in the past few months are rent, bills and food.

i do the same shit with amps and guitars. too much money, too enticing.