The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm gonna be in hotlanta for like a month if this pans out. Haven't had the interview yet, but the site says i got chosen for the next round, which fuckin` rules.

And chupa - i'll call you later, i don't got shit going on, and i wanna shred. i'll probably just go to your local park

Bostonsnewestink/anyone else in/on the way from Boston who is interested in a mission to Groton,

Me and crack were talking yesterday and were thinking we should shoot for Saturday the 11th. Depending how many folks are going, we'll probably need to do 2 vehicles. We're going to be bringing a portable grill, probably a sleeping bag and or some blankets, food, beer, cameras, etc. The tentative plan is to try to get on the road at a reasonable hour and get there around noon, then hang out, skate, grill, drink beer all day. I guess it has lights, so we can really go as late as people want. I figure if a car wants to drive home that same night, thats cool, otherwise we can go all night and have anyone who wants a few hours of shuteye rock a sleeping bag on top of a ramp, sleep in cars, go to a shitty motel, whatever. if someone has a tent, the non motel sleeping situations gets even better. Check your calendars, consult your peoples, and let me know so we can start figuring out another weekend if the 11th is a no go for people.

PS: I'm so close to dropping like $500 on a fisheye just so i can run around swapping from long lens to fisheye and trying not to snake people all day.

http://www.nikonusa.com/Assets/Camera-Lenses/2148-AF-DX-Fisheye-NIKKOR-10.5mm-f-2.8G-ED/Views/2148_AF-DX-Fisheye-NIKKOR-10.5mm-f-2.8G-ED.png droooooooool

that's fucking RETARDED. i skated that park a few months ago, and besides that bowl and the mini, i hated the place. i dunno, i guess i like shit that really flows around nice. pushing was never my strong suit, but my knees are like fucking rubber bands. but that bowl allowed for some retarded long grinds. really really well made. and that mini. goddamn.

that's fucking RETARDED. i skated that park a few months ago, and besides that bowl and the mini, i hated the place. i dunno, i guess i like shit that really flows around nice. pushing was never my strong suit, but my knees are like fucking rubber bands. but that bowl allowed for some retarded long grinds. really really well made. and that mini. goddamn.

ya its real spaced out but i like that place, i love ripping around that bowl frontside, do a quick stall, then rip back around backside and 5050 around the kidney and drop into the straight part ( maybe the face of the bowl? i dunno) but its so much fun. agreed that the mini is pretty amazing as well, my buddy tried to traildrop off the backwall into it and completely missed the transition and went straight to flat and fell on his face haha.

but if im not in the bowl or mini i dont leave the big section at all, it gets way to crowded by those manual pads and shit.. that big quarter they have there is by far the most mellow quarter i've ever skated in my life and its kinda weird skating that thing, but it does get you a good amount of speed when you come back down. but those ledge they have on the boxes are way too big.

skater's edge is the only well balanced park around here. rye airfield has 3 bowls, but they aren't that good, and none of them are fast at all, the mini ramp section or whatever they have there is so weirdly angled, it's pretty useless, and the rest of that place with the exception of the clover bowl is total shit covered in child vomit. skaters edge's foam pit is the shit for pulling off 7 ft tall indys, and just general fuckery but still wanting to go fast and tall. the bowl. unfuckwithable, easily. fastest one around, but the coping is CHEWED so fucking bad, at one time i could get a 6 or 7 foot frontside grind on it, but now it's been looking much shorter. once they get that shit fixed, it'll be the best bowl within 100 miles of boston (that i'm aware of, at least). the big fucking pill is fun to skate too. once you get used to how tall it is, it's fast as hell, and pretty well made. once you get going in that fucker, you won't have any kids get in your way either.

Nice pics/spots , Baltimore is fun as fuck . I haven't been to Boston , NYC , or anywhere East Coast in a while now except for Baltimore . I wrecked myself one night about 4 years ago skating drunk as a skunk by the Aquarium , and I puked near the entrance of that ESPN Zone .