The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

I wanna get some soft ass wheels that aren't huge, something I can cruise on but still get tricks in. Any suggestions?

97a durometer . :cool: I'm riding 58mm OJIII Juice wheels and they stick to a cement park like glue , especially in a slippery park .

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Depends on how you skate, and what brand they are.

Indy's are the only truck that I've ever had last long enough to grind to the axle, but I've seen people grind Ventures to the axle once or twice.

If your trucks are jacked and you can't tighten your shit to where you want them, then at least buy new bushings. But you usually have to get new kingpins to go along with them if your shit's grinded down.

I'd just get new trucks if you aint poor. It aint even worth the hassle trying to change your shit out if you can afford to just get new trucks.

indys are the only trucks ive had last for an extended amount of time too.

i've only had one pair of royals, they were red and yellow, but idk what

model, and the axel broke off. fucking bull.

and i cant go more than a month without breaking kingpins on destructo,

fuck that lifetime guarantee

live.jpg.1d88cd6ca614eab5165c4c3184386ee4.jpg

So I took Evan ( my 5 year old ) to the skatepark to get in some skating before this storm that was due to hit in about 2 hours . There was some 15-16 year old iPod listening TPWF , but he was rocking " Manpri's " . Evan w/o me saying anything says to the kid , " Hey why are you wearing girl's pants ? You need to get some shorts like my Dad " . :lol:

I was never so prouder of him than today . :cool:

Some 13 year old kid thought I was sponsored by Independent because I was wearing an old Indy shirt , Indy sunglasses & Indy socks and not too mention old...:lol: I told him no , but went to my Jeep before we left and gave him an Indy hat I got for free at the skateshop . :cool:

• Like 2

Your kid rules, dawg!

I usually keep my bushings for the life of the trucks. They're basically there as shock absorbers for the wobbly hanger, so i don't know how much abuse they get. I've seen a lot of tight truckers have mashed up bushings. My advice is to get harder bushings, or learn to ride your trucks medium. I don't know how people ride tight trucks, I hate tick-tacking. I was rocking the Indy stock bushings for a while, but changed them out to my favorite blue doh-dohs.

I think I've seen some of those Colorado kids at the 303 boardshop on Colfax.

Your kid rules, dawg!

I usually keep my bushings for the life of the trucks. They're basically there as shock absorbers for the wobbly hanger, so i don't know how much abuse they get. I've seen a lot of tight truckers have mashed up bushings. My advice is to get harder bushings, or learn to ride your trucks medium. I don't know how people ride tight trucks, I hate tick-tacking. I was rocking the Indy stock bushings for a while, but changed them out to my favorite blue doh-dohs.

I think I've seen some of those Colorado kids at the 303 boardshop on Colfax.

you work there?

or just there alot.?

So I took Evan ( my 5 year old ) to the skatepark to get in some skating before this storm that was due to hit in about 2 hours . There was some 15-16 year old iPod listening TPWF , but he was rocking " Manpri's " . Evan w/o me saying anything says to the kid , " Hey why are you wearing girl's pants ? You need to get some shorts like my Dad " . :lol:

I was never so prouder of him than today . :cool:

There is hope for the future. :cool:

Do they look and feel different?

Maybe they switched up their wood to somebody cheaper.

thats the weird thing dude.

since having this deck and the one i snapped last week,

ive been doing some of my best skating in a while.

landing lots of swtich/nollie stuff.

but its just weird.

maybe i need to stop doing nollie flips.

last board, nollieflie snapped the tail.

this board, nollieflip snapped the nose.

i love nollie flips.

http://www.nike.com/nikeskateboarding/debacle/

Check it the fuck out. For this week Nike is letting us download Debacle for free. It just came out recently. It works. It's a quick download. I haven't watched it yet, but I hear it's pretty good.

Edit: Haha. As it turns out someone posted a ton of youtube links to this a while back. I realized as I watch it. But this is cool too cause it is in higher definition. Oh and there is more stuff in this.