The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Didn't know about that dude until a few weeks ago when I went to Austin.

One of my ex's is dating him now. She totally had to tell me about how awesome he is.

Fuckin pro-ho's.

HAHAHAH yeah fuck pro hos man...got a few of them bitches here in dfws.

I got kickflip nose mannys today. Sortof. Im still workin on those bastards.

Anyway. Im not sure if you guys have heard about the Dylan Jones beef.

But since we dont have anything intresting to say, and hes from texas...

The kid wins the Emerica sponsorship challenge (you submit a amateur sponsor video. and for every best video of the month they send the winner free kicks)

and suddenly the internet explodes, some people like him, many just hate him. 2cents?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpLI2zc9u14

Does this so called "beef" have anything to do with he fact that this kid fucking sucks?

I got kickflip nose mannys today. Sortof. Im still workin on those bastards.

Anyway. Im not sure if you guys have heard about the Dylan Jones beef.

But since we dont have anything intresting to say, and hes from texas...

The kid wins the Emerica sponsorship challenge (you submit a amateur sponsor video. and for every best video of the month they send the winner free kicks)

and suddenly the internet explodes, some people like him, many just hate him. 2cents?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpLI2zc9u14

I think the problem isn't so much that he sucks, I guess he's ok, but if this kid is sponsored, then I can think of at least 10 local dudes that just kick around the park that should be pro for whatever teams he's riding for.

he sucks, his style sucks, he skates dumb slow, and he needs to loosen up his trucks.

he tic-tacs up to a trick, and then tic-tacs out of tricks.

also making your own hippie jumps using rope is pretty gay.

i think he realized that he has no pop, but can still suck up his legs, so he decided to hippie jump every trick.

and that ron knigge part is dope.

i remembered seeing most of the photos from that footage in his pro spotlight in tws.

montessi's part is sick too from children of the sun.

I dunno if this has been posted but this documentary about John Cardiel

http://www.vbs.tv/shows.php?show=991

is probably the best thing I have seen about skateboarding. Cardiel is a solid dude and just gets met fucking pumped to skate by the way he talks, i deff recommend it.

I would post it in a new thread but for some reason 12oz isnt letting me make threads.

I dont know about you guys but this movie got me mega hyped back in the day. I was amazed. Dude had like this underground hang out with a half pipe in it in his yard. This movie was the shit. If I'm not mistaken Tony Hawk was in it too.

B00000ILFQ.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I dont know about you guys but this movie got me mega hyped back in the day. I was amazed. Dude had like this underground hang out with a half pipe in it in his yard. This movie was the shit. If I'm not mistaken Tony Hawk was in it too.

B00000ILFQ.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

"your the ones not listening!...they killed my brother!" hahahah classic ass line.

our favorite line to quote was always. 'its been done to me, im still alive!"

in reference to the wet towel choking that kills his brother.

or when he goes preppy and comes to school in a sweater and shit.

"NICE THREADS KELLY< YEEEAH RIP IT UP>"

dude goes ridiculously slow in half of his shit and doesn't seem to have any pop at all

This kid doesn't need new shoes ... he needs new bearings and a new deck to get the speed and pop UP.

That children of the sun footage was dope. So many of the early 90's spots ... Huntington High FTW !!!

Cardiel is the man !!!

That Cardiel thing on Epicly Laterd was so good. I meant to watch only 2-3 parts in a sitting, but wound up watching the whole thing. When he pulls the 540 on the vert ramp, I was sitting on the ground watching it. The thing that made Cardiel one of the greatest is the fact that he just went for it every time. No fear at all.

I've been trying to learn blunt stalls on a quarter for the past week, and I'm scared of popping back in. I just can't get over it, even though I know the worst that can happen is I fall on my face. Annoying.

I've been trying to learn blunt stalls on a quarter for the past week, and I'm scared of popping back in. I just can't get over it, even though I know the worst that can happen is I fall on my face. Annoying.

Same boat .. I have been catching snake bites to the ankles when I wimp out. I think I am going to get it backside 180 back in before I get it back to fakie. Shouldn't be taking me so much time to learn.