your friendly neighborhood crack smokers....

maltliqourlive

I am glad you responded the way you did. Not only is it a intelligent response and well thoughout, it seems like you take the problem personally. The problem is that there arent enough resources to help those in need. And I dont know about where you are from, but around here drug use has become glamourized once again.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think drug use is being glamourized pretty much everywhere. Read any thread on here just about and there are kids bragging about doing this drug and that drug last night. That honestly should be part of the targeted problem and it should be done it a way other than just propaganda to scare people away from it. I do also agree with MaltLiquorLove that the amount of money supposedly being put into doing something about this problem is not in any way corresponding with what is being done about it. As far as I can really see the only way things are being taken care (atleast around my way) is by taking these people off the streets and throwing them in a cell. No offer of rehab, education, any help for when/if they ever get out. Due to this its also not surprising that there are so many repeat offenders especially when the offences involve drugs. There should be employment opprotunities offered to them other than flipping burgers and sweeping the floor somwhere.

Sadly though this isn't happening and the role models many kids these days have to look up to are the people saying how they used to sell rock and now they made it big as a musician, record exec, clothing designer etc. These is a major reason for the glorification of doing drugs and being involved in the drug trade.

wow I went off on a rant.

Originally posted by Ethreadzny2@Apr 14 2005, 08:48 PM

I am glad you responded the way you did. Not only is it a intelligent response and well thoughout, it seems like you take the problem personally. The problem is that there arent enough resources to help those in need. And I dont know about where you are from, but around here drug use has become glamourized once again.

actually, we do have the resources.. the us is the richest nation in the world or whatever right???

the problem?

the cia introduced cocaine and crack specifically for the following.

destroy the black community and make money to support illegal wars in south america.

make money of imprsoning the black and minority and now with meth the white community...seriously, do research on how much cali alone spends on locking fools up for drug related offenses...its like budget of a midwest state...cali dept of corrections is a cartel...

make money of keeping entire demographics down..

drugs are fun! most writers i know have done a shitload. the other side of that is i have known a gang of fools that are fucked up on that shit and its really sad. like really sad to see your boys waste their lifes. my friend went back to the pen AGAIN! this fool is like 27 and done like 6 years allready county and pen time. why? he likes to get high and go on highspeed chases. now is that worth spending over three hundred grand to lock his ass up and make him a career criminal while not offering any form of reasonable rehab?

and on a side note...all my friends who did stick needles in thier arms full of dirty crank are now doing very well sober off that shit and smart and shit. but for them there is 5 for every 1 who arent that i still know.

that shit hurts. the schools here suck. we are at war and the rich get tax breaks. fuck this shit.

i been drinking. and am rather emotional about said subject.

Originally posted by maltliqourlive@Apr 14 2005, 04:39 PM

A few hang out in my doorstep/doorway. I personally dont really care. Door is sturdy, windows are barred...and hey crack smokers need sympathy to.

For the second time I came home to someone actually blazing a rock as I walked up. This time it was a chick. I was like, hey how you doing as I smelled freshly smoked crack. She got all shook and was like Im sorry..i was like I dont care and she was like nahhh its a bad thing to do. asked me for thirty five cents and I said nope, i got my forty on credit. peace. I see her every day. But its kinna scary you know? like whats to stop her from just shanking me for the maybe three bucks in my pocket?

If you encourage them hanging out the front of your house, then only bad things will happen.

the level of addiction that shit can drive you to is crazy. on a couple of occasions when I lived in the DES, i would see crackheads lying down flat on the pavement with a pipe and a lighter trying to smoke anything in the cracks of the sidewalk that looked like a rock. even in the pouring rain. its fucked.

As part of Maryland's drug treatment needs assessment study, CESAR

collected urine specimens from representative samples of make and female

adults arrested in Baltimore City in 1995.

Perhaps the most surprising

finding was that the rate of opiate (heroin) positives among Baltimore City

arrestees was higher than that found in any other US City since the

national Drug Use Forecasting (DUF) program began testing arrestees in

1987. Thirty-seven percent of male and 48% of female arrestees in

Baltimore City tested positive by urinalysis for opiates, compared to 6% to

23% or arrestees in Washington DC, Philadelphia, and Manhattan.

The high

rate of heroin use among female Baltimore City arrestees is particularly

alarming since 36% of female arrestees reported injecting drugs. This

practice, coupled with their high number of reported sexual partners,

places female arrestees in Baltimore City at considerable risk for HIV and

other infectious diseases.

in DFW, Ft. Worth is the crack hood, dallas is the tweak...i have way tooo many stories about all the dumbass skitzers ive seen.

crackheads are very funny to me. i mean i dont want them around me or anything but they still make me laugh. tweakers just plain suck hardcore.

this thread is borderline drug talk....

but because there's been so many insightfull comments towards

the nature of addiciton and the community at risk, it stays open for now.

It's good to hear people talk about these things in a mature way,

but if this thread gets out of control it will have to be closed.

you know the rules,

so please... carry on, but keep the comments high brow.

I live in the suburbs, there are no crack heads at all. Lots of kids smoke weed, and a rare few do coke, but otherwise theres nothing. I honestly havnt seen a cop car in my neighborhood in years. But thats cause people never leave their houses unless they are driving. Its a different form of repression. I much rather prefer areas where there is a street life, I dont give a fuck if its "not safe". I have been to some of the most sketchy neighborhoods in the USA and south america and never had a problem.

My city is infested with crack smokers,tweakers,coke heads,junkies passed out in alleys and alcoholics........it is sketchy walking around downtown and through some areas after 1 in the morning-----but I don't care though.....because I'm usually wasted and hitting up streak tags everywhere....I can't wait to leave this city behind.no future.

Spokane sucks.

there used to be more crack heads on my block but the cops closed the motel across from my apartment building. There are fewer streetwalkers too. I have no sympathy for a crack head. All they gots to do is not smoke rock. its not that hard. For christs sake.

The worse is when you get snitched on by a community oriented crack fiend. Me and my homie were bombing one night and this crack fiend was the only one around so we ignored him and caught tags on an abandoned crib, we keep walking and I look over my soulder to see this very crack fiend pointing at us while talking to a patrole car. The patrol car speeds up to us all like "oh you guys are out tagging heh?"....

Yeah, in my state ice has become a really big problem. Nowadays its not an uncommon thing to hear of middle school kids getting busted for selling the stuff during recess. In fact, i've even heard of alot of parents smoking the shit with thier kids at home. Now thats just jacked. The bad part is the only reason they're really trying to make any change is because of the constant robberies in the rich neighborhoods, and the fact crackheads on the street pose as an ugly sight to the tourists. Its as if they wouldnt even give a damn about the issue if they didnt have to see it. Sad.

Ice??? Nigga said Ice! :haha: :haha: I aint even heard about Ice since the late 80's. Shit was saposed to be the next crack or something but never caught on the way the media was hyping it. This one dude told me about how he tried it once and it straight up paralized him for hours. He said he was aware of everything around him but couldn't move a muscle.

What the fuck is Ice exactly?

meth is really sad. i didn't know shit about it till i moved to the twin cities. kids just get start off white, lower middle class, suburban, bored. nice kids just looking for something to do, now with crazy rap sheets and half their teeth.

some of them want to be abused.

Originally posted by isor357@Apr 15 2005, 10:53 PM

there used to be more crack heads on my block but the cops closed the motel across from my apartment building. There are fewer streetwalkers too. I have no sympathy for a crack head. All they gots to do is not smoke rock. its not that hard. For christs sake.

nigga shut the fuck up, you have know idea what you are talking about. people like you are the reason this disease doesn't get treated they way it's supposed to. do you really think its that easy? that you just drop the pipe and it's over? no my brother, not the case, if it was every fiend from southside to baltimore would be livin phat. you are no better than any crackhead, any fiend, remember that, we all end up in the fucking ground when this show is over and you will be laying in the same fucking dirt as the rest of us.

the crackheads in my area are pretty chill..they actully seem to lookout for us.this girl was over once and someone broke into her car...not from are neighborhood and one of the crackheads stopped them and brought all the shit they stole up to the front porch and returned it.the same one also got my roommates bike back that got stolen a few weeks ago. we always give them all are recycled stuff too. we're on name to name basis with alot of them.