You americans ruin yet another good thing.

El Producto

Yeah, I also gotta add that I think the whole point of using the same plot devices is that if they could put the orignal on NBC they would, but american audiences wouldn't be bale to hang for the most part. So they're forced to "americanize" it. which does suck, but I'm glad they are at least trying to keep it as close to the original dialogue/plot as possible. They aren't trying to pretend its their own creation.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle@Mar 26 2005, 10:00 PM

If English people hate Americans so much, how come you all jock the shit out of them?

I bet you're wearing a baseball cap right now.....

thats the thing. the reason i hate america is because all the londoners seem to be "jocking" you lot nowadays. everyone wears these caps with NY on them and shit. it pisses me off.

EDIT* im not wearing a baseball cap. and i havent wore one for the past 6 or so years.

Originally posted by Seldoon@Mar 26 2005, 10:42 PM

The irony of all this lies in his name. Since I hear europeans don't smoke blunts, i'm assuming you're referring to El P the rapper, who is american.

as i said, the whole "i hate america" was a bit of a joke. i do hate you for a lot of things. but that doesnt mean i cant like anything related to america.

EDIT* drug talk.

im not quite sure what you mean about the "europeans dont smoke blunts" thing though??

Originally posted by sneak+Mar 25 2005, 06:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sneak - Mar 25 2005, 06:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-boogie hands@Mar 25 2005, 09:12 PM

european hip-hop....shush now.

i literally spluttered my drink over the screen at this.

go listen to some uk hip hop, where people dont constantly talk about the same old bitches-cars-guns routine.

shush now.

[/b]

hip hop is street music, in the UK the streets have bad weather.

and wasn't "office space" the original office satire?

Guest sneak

^ha, you chat shit.

go give skinnyman's album a listen and tell me that same old tired bullshit uk isnt "street" or ghetto like so much bullshit i hear from american rappers.

*cough*g-unit*cough*

and before anyone comes back at me with a "gunit isnt hip hop" comment, that may be so. i wouldnt class them as hip hop but more commercial rap. either way, its a sad state of affairs when one of your best mc's (shady) signs and produces that shit/

Originally posted by TURBOCAPSLOK@Mar 26 2005, 04:30 PM

HEY WHO GIVES A SHIT, WE ALL KNOW METAL RULES!

Anal Cunt lyrics are so awesome.

8. You Look Divorced

you look divorced [x2]

you've got that mopy look on your face,you're 3 months behind on your alimony

payments

you're pissed off,you're ex married someone new,and you're also pissed of

because he's a fucking jew

[chorus:]

you look divorced [x4]

you sit in a bar,you're always pissed

you're number 4 on the deadbeat dad list

you're fired from your job because you're a fucking drunk

you'll never get her back because you're a fucking loser

this thread is fucking kool. keep it up fags.

Guest sneak
Originally posted by CamAlmighty+Mar 27 2005, 01:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CamAlmighty - Mar 27 2005, 01:39 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mental invalid@Mar 25 2005, 07:56 PM

nice spelling of program euro fag...

Yep, that's how it's spelt in correct English;

PROGRAMME.

[/b]

and while we are at it, colour is spelt with a "u".

THIS THREAD IS WEAK.

We all know the Americans should not have remade the office, it is like trying to remake The League of Gentlemen or something like that.

And hundreds of comments about Europe vs America is so last week and fucking boring so shut it offffffff you.

I think a big reason was that the BBC Office was a typical series, where there were only 6 episodes, and it was so popular that it had another series of 6 episodes and two hour long specials. Which means that if it was a hit here in the states there wouldn't even be enough episodes to run for a full regular US television season (22 episodes usually).

This way, if the American version becomes a success (which it probably won't), the network running it can continue it for as many episodes as needed.

Also, the humor in the British version is very British.

Originally posted by sneak@Mar 26 2005, 07:15 PM

^ha, you chat shit.

go give skinnyman's album a listen and tell me that same old tired bullshit uk isnt "street" or ghetto like so much bullshit i hear from american rappers.

*cough*g-unit*cough*

and before anyone comes back at me with a "gunit isnt hip hop" comment, that may be so. i wouldnt class them as hip hop but more commercial rap. either way, its a sad state of affairs when one of your best mc's (shady) signs and produces that shit/

alright then bucket ass, lets settle it.

post a link to this guy or some decent uk rap(other than dizzy rascle).

if its good shit, i will tear up my "UK rap music hater" card.

Originally posted by boogie hands@Mar 27 2005, 08:10 PM

the thing i love about 12oz is how i can make one little comment and it can turn into this^^^

granted im right, and so is bonus, but still....its funny.

im serious though boogs, if someone, anyone, posts some hot UK rap up here i will shut my triph irish face, a buddy of mine listens to that crap all the time and i cant take it.

Guest sneak

alright then bucket ass, lets settle it.

post a link to this guy or some decent uk rap(other than dizzy rascle).

if its good shit, i will tear up my "UK rap music hater" card.

have a search aroound for these:

Albums:

skinnyman - council estate of mind

rodney p - the future

Singles:

Black Twang - So rotten

Roots manuva - witness (1hope)

fallacy and fusion - the groundbreaker

also, try heads like kano and wiley..