Philadelphia

noschool2day

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good look sf on that flcik in the ny thread. fuck jay z hes a clown im a young kid and can tell you so called hip hop and rap fell off like 98. big L who's better? yo basically you can look at jay z as some kid in philly who takes a writers name that passed or stoped writing, say someone took and tried to write enem shit aint gonna work cause he aint gonna be showed the same respect as if he came up with his own name. same with jay he should be showed no respect its not his shit. this might not be making sense caus eim rushing in school ill elaberate later on.

^^ CENSE is flat out nasty!...on the whole music argument, all music has become pop in its own form now, wether its rock, rap, or anything in between it is all so commercialized to hypnotize u into buying...hence "pop"...as far as any underground, there r a few heads pushin talent but nothing too impressive...i truly belive gangster rap and alterintive rock ruined music...for gangster rap u had a whole new movement that was never known b4 and thats y it was huge, nwa/ice-t started that shit and it was dope but it also killed the will of all black musicians...now instead of being a soul brotha u got these cats that wanna b a gangsta...no more marvin gaye, michael jackson, louis armstrong, al green, james brown? instead this shit faded and everybody is chasin this fake image of what was gangsta rap and what is now played out...alternative rock on the same note made way 4 rock artists that had minimal talent to make it big...nirvana, pearl jam, stone temple, green day, alice in chains, all these bands were fresh when they broke but they all had little musical talent, the songs were nice bcuz it was a new style of rock, but when you look back it was really 3 chord proggressions with pop vocals, this totally ruined rock as we once knew it...led zep, floyd, doors, hendrix and so on...this was the fall of the white musician...now years later were stuck with blacks talkin about gunz and money and whites talkin about there x girlfriends and corprate america...shit just sux now...i mean honestly, when is the last time you really looked forward to a cd droppin?...all in all this is a huge genralization and is not meant to offend anyone, and there r many exceptions, but think about this...were is music today?...and just cuz your platinum that dont mean shit as far as talent...it just means your marketed in such a way that enough fools r stupid enough to buy into your scheme!

sad state of affairs is broken up man

repercussion new cd is hott

shattered realm always a good time

roundhouse nj what what

and new death before dishoner banging

theres discussion threads for this shit lets start bring the flix through

that sad is hott and honestly indios hands fire

Originally posted by SF1+Feb 17 2005, 03:56 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SF1 - Feb 17 2005, 03:56 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-the retired king.@Feb 17 2005, 04:33 AM

Hey sf1 i take it that you may not support the trends he set. for one he mad nas's whole career money when he was a hustler. money is not the issue. two he put platnium on the map as well as bringing out rose gold and putting gold back on the map. white air ones aka hova's,vest over the white tee,throwback jerseys wit the macthing fitted hat,two way pagers, maybachs, jacobb wacthes, he is the reason why niggas stop buying 4.0's(range rover), hat cock cant see who it is , DO YOU WANT ME TO GO ON?  the president of def jam holla.......................

And what exactly does your point have to do with MUSIC???

[/b]

hey sf u should kno already the "retired" king is always right

n what u said WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH MUSIC

its all show .. no talent .. just jockin his boy beans is 10x better

I can't say for sure, since this was the first time i seen it, but that SAD is more like the one from the early-mid 90's . he had alotta shit near front and cambria.

and i dunno that hip hop was ever MUSIC. not to discredit any emcees, cause i admire the vocabularies. but forreal, music ain't been music for decades.

here is the case in point, music is in the ear of the beholder. people have been trying to figure this one out for decades, something tells me its not gonna get sussed out here. Personally I am not a huge hip hop fanatic and I've always been a little less than happy w/ the idea that hip-hop and graff go hand in hand. But thats a whole other issue for a whole other thread. Different strokes for different folks and all that. Maybe we should just drop this issue.

Originally posted by beelkaemoney@Feb 17 2005, 09:06 AM

thats why i try to stick wit the real niggas such as d.i.t.c...any dj premiere shit..big l..smif-n-wesun(cocoa brovaz)all the duckdown artists..the leak bros..the alchemist..dj babu..dilated..bumpy knucks..raekwon..ghostface..rza..theodore unit..and so on..this is real music in my opinion..

when i read what is being comapred to jay-z above i feel like i am back in 1996, wearing a backpack, and Payday is the hottest 'underground' label...how bout problemz, sir menelik, and RA the rugged man? and all the other shit that went no where on rawkus in 1997...

in the words of ODB's second LP...nigga please.

the wu shit you mention is timeless...fine...

please progress and reconize what jay-z has done beyond this 1996 backpacker shit you rate and why what he has put out will out live all this 'real hip hop' shit you rate...not to say the backpacker stuff isn't valuble in its time, but so is jay...

Holla back if you need more info...keep it real yo...

primo probably did more beats for jay then any other artist besides the gangstarr foundation{gangstarr the 1st group home and the 1st jeru record}

jay might not have put out the dopest record of his era{ILLMATIC? MOBB DEEPS THE INFAMOUS? ONLY BUILT FOR CUBAN LINKS?READY TO DIE?} but hes been way more consistant then alot of the other artist who are on his level.... and i dont know how someone who claims to love 90s backpacker shit wouldnt like the black album or better yet the grey album .. i agree with frijoles music is always gonna be in the ears of the beholder ...and hiphop and graff have less and less in common now

for everyone talking about bands,heres a list i made up... :huh2:

sworn vengeance / curb jaw / throwdown / god forbid / without remorse / scheduled beating / undying / last call brawl / bleeding through / a life once lost / dillinger escape plan / e-town / cannibal corpse / lamb of god / bolt thrower / norma jean / diesel / the red chord / sworn enemy / essence of pain / taken / vision of disorder / crime in stereo / diecast / first blood / darkest hour / go fuck yourself / dying fetus / at the gates / the locust / cut throat / dimmu borgir / downset / on broken wings / boywunder / bury your dead / losers sometimes win / embrace today / poison the well / shai halud / sucka punch / walls of jericho / zao / premonitions of war / billy club sandwich / heaven shall burn / darkness remains / hatebreed / earth crisis / inside out / anim0sity / blood has been shed / burried alive / maximum penalty / jude the obscure / irate / as hope dies / vietnom / iron cross / martyr ad / six feet under / skarhead / bulldoze / amon amarth / vader / son of skam / in flames / bane / american nightmare / everybody gets hurt / 18 visions / nora / sick of it all / stout / curl up and die / stretch armstrong / rejuvenate / all out war / blood for blood / bad luck 13 / avenged sevenfold / brother's keeper /murderers row / burnt by the sun / caliban / converge / death threat / isis / madball / most precious blood / overcast / pig destroyer / shadows fall / arch enemy / the hope conspiracy / this day forward / until the end / glass casket / dead to fall / everybody gets hurt / the acacia strain / indecision / 100 demons / acme / a perfect murder / agnostic front / all shall perish / arsis / crown of thornz / death threat / die alone / ed gein / group x / knuckledust / non phixion / path of no return / preminitions of war / pro pain / death before dishonor / punishment / raised fist / sheer terror / shogun / swarm / symphony in peril / minor times / through the eyes of the dead / tony danza tap dance extravaganza / vaginal discharge / xdisciplex ad

Originally posted by dankish@Feb 18 2005, 12:32 AM

for everyone talking about bands,heres a list i made up... :huh2:

sworn vengeance / curb jaw / throwdown / god forbid / without remorse / scheduled beating / undying / last call brawl / bleeding through / a life once lost / dillinger escape plan / e-town / cannibal corpse / lamb of god / bolt thrower / norma jean / diesel / the red chord / sworn enemy / essence of pain / taken / vision of disorder / crime in stereo / diecast / first blood / darkest hour / go fuck yourself / dying fetus / at the gates / the locust / cut throat / dimmu borgir / downset / on broken wings / boywunder / bury your dead / losers sometimes win / embrace today / poison the well / shai halud / sucka punch / walls of jericho / zao / premonitions of war / billy club sandwich / heaven shall burn / darkness remains / hatebreed / earth crisis / inside out / anim0sity / blood has been shed / burried alive / maximum penalty / jude the obscure / irate / as hope dies / vietnom / iron cross / martyr ad / six feet under / skarhead / bulldoze / amon amarth / vader / son of skam / in flames / bane / american nightmare / everybody gets hurt / 18 visions / nora / sick of it all / stout / curl up and die / stretch armstrong / rejuvenate / all out war / blood for blood / bad luck 13 / avenged sevenfold / brother's keeper /murderers row / burnt by the sun / caliban / converge / death threat / isis / madball / most precious blood / overcast / pig destroyer / shadows fall / arch enemy / the hope conspiracy / this day forward / until the end / glass casket / dead to fall / everybody gets hurt / the acacia strain / indecision / 100 demons / acme / a perfect murder / agnostic front / all shall perish / arsis / crown of thornz / death threat / die alone / ed gein / group x / knuckledust / non phixion / path of no return / preminitions of war / pro pain / death before dishonor / punishment / raised fist / sheer terror / shogun / swarm / symphony in peril / minor times / through the eyes of the dead / tony danza tap dance extravaganza / vaginal discharge / xdisciplex ad

HUH............WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH PIXS OF GRAFFITI YOU PUNK ROCK BEEZIE BITCH