Search for WMD in Iraq Has Ended

Æ°

from here: http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?t...storyID=7299661

Search for Banned Weapons in Iraq Has Ended- WPost

Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:59 AM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The search for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq ended last month, nearly two years after President Bush sent troops to disarm Saddam Hussein, The Washington Post reported on Wednesday.

Officials who served with the group charged with hunting banned weapons said the violence in Iraq, coupled with a lack of new information, led them to fold up the effort shortly before Christmas, the newspaper reported.

Charles Duelfer, the CIA special adviser who led the hunt, has returned home, and analysts serving in his Iraq Survey Group (ISG) have returned to CIA headquarters in Virginia, the report said, citing unnamed intelligence officials.

The Post said the findings of an interim report that Duelfer submitted to Congress in September will stand as the ISG's final conclusions, according to a senior intelligence official.

The report concluded that Iraq had no stockpiles of biological and chemical weapons and its nuclear program had decayed before last year's U.S.-led invasion, in findings contrary to prewar assertions of the Bush administration.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, another U.S. intelligence official confirmed that Duelfer was back in Washington, but disputed that the weapons hunt was over.

"This isn't the kind of thing that stops, the search continues," the official told Reuters. "If new information comes in, obviously that would be looked at."

The Washington Post reported that the White House had been reluctant to call off the hunt, holding out the possibility that weapons had been shipped out of Iraq before the war or well hidden inside the country.

Bush, who subsequently said that he was "right to take action" in Iraq, had cited a growing threat from Saddam's weapons of mass destruction as one of the main reasons for overthrowing the Iraqi president.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

sweet so where are the weapons??

excuse me? you havent found any?? oh hahahaha, i get, nice joke, seriously though, what did we find?

youre not joking? seriously stop fucking around, and lets just hear it.

there really were no weapons???

well hopefully its at least stable and ripe for democracy!!

oh, its not stable at all huh? wow. bombs and beheadings?? geez, well they want democracy right!!!

no?? they want a theocracy?? and theres a possible break out of civil war??

so tell me again why we went over there??

less catching up to common knowledge, more letting on it knows we know and it is safer to say nothing. For are we told somethings a big deal we act like its a big deal but things that are hush hush we are less apt to be outraged at.

From what i hear the wmd were found upon removing Saddams socks three months of hole living can really amp up the foot odor.

Originally posted by Æ°@Jan 12 2005, 09:52 AM

"This isn't the kind of thing that stops, the search continues," the official told Reuters. "If new information comes in, obviously that would be looked at."

all I can say about this quote is duh.

I mean damn...if someone steals your bike...you're gonna rome around the neighborhood and hit up the pawn shops and what not for a few weeks. After that...you quit actively looking...but obviously you'd check out any leads if you heard anything.

kinda funny the letting it go...but not really thing.

maybe Geraldo hid them in Al Capone's vault.

:haha:

Originally posted by SteveAustin@Jan 12 2005, 06:29 PM

maybe Geraldo hid them in Al Capone's vault.

:haha:

dude.... that's like 10 years over the heads of the average 12ozer.

and I'm glad you did!

yeah... the people in crossfire can read full sentences

and dont often substitute 'ur' for 'you are'.

so what did Geraldo find in Capone's vault anyway? :huh:

Hmm... last time I saw Geraldo he was all gung ho about the war in Iraq and doing photo ops with the troops there and then I haven't heard from him since. Then again I don't watch alot of TV.

This calling off the search party may not be news to us but it's a step in the right direction. The CIA is no longer playing complicit and denying the inevitable to save face for the emperor without clothes on.

Originally posted by angelofdeath@Jan 12 2005, 06:21 PM

whats really funny is that most of you guys on here voted for a guy who voted for the war with his liberal friends in congress. clinton even wanted to invade. then as soon as things start looking like a war during a war, everyone changes their stance.

nah, thaty wasn't funny to me at all.

i knew that kerry was a spineless pushover.

if only Senator Wellstone was around to run or something.

i didn't want Kerry, or Edwards in particular, i wanted what was basically my only other viable choice

and my vote was for ABB, not John Kerry.

the vast majority of politicians in office are bastard weasels, regardless of party affiliation.

i'm completely over it.

Originally posted by fatalist@Jan 12 2005, 07:50 PM

this will probably go down as one of the biggest FUCK UPS, in US history

only because so many things arent recorded or ther get whitewashed after the fact.

Guest BROWNer
(angelofdeath - Jan 12 2005, 06:21 PM)

whats really funny is that most of you guys on here voted for a guy who voted for the war with his liberal friends in congress. clinton even wanted to invade. then as soon as things start looking like a war during a war, everyone changes their stance.

negatory my friend. i think alot of us knew kerry was a putz, but since

the american system is so diverse and democratic, there wasn't much anyone

could do once dean freaked out and nader got his balls cut off by the left.

beyond that, i don't recall any regulars being for the war, and then when it got

bad, flipflopping. it was bad from the get go and just keeps getting worse.