Toys post here...

swif1

@ cola... your first time burning ah! i fuckin love pot. first time doesnt hit lots of cats but no fuckin worries. smoke again tonight i say! some of my best sketches are nbud induced and i guarantee some other writers will agree. anyways, dont worry bout the throat... virgin li'dat, you know what i mean. smoke more... lots more. theres nothing bad about weed. DARE is propoganda.

@EBA... i dig the advice and i totally see what you mean. i hate round letters. i cant get a grasp on them and so i understand where your comin from but that stuff about wildstyle.. am i misinterpreting or does something have to be wildstyle to be dope... cuz i like wildsteez but i would much rather see graff that i can read without having to look twice ya know... clear the air please

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
@ cola... your first time burning ah! i fuckin love pot. first time doesnt hit lots of cats but no fuckin worries. smoke again tonight i say! some of my best sketches are nbud induced and i guarantee some other writers will agree. anyways, dont worry bout the throat... virgin li'dat, you know what i mean. smoke more... lots more. theres nothing bad about weed. DARE is propoganda.

@EBA... i dig the advice and i totally see what you mean. i hate round letters. i cant get a grasp on them and so i understand where your comin from but that stuff about wildstyle.. am i misinterpreting or does something have to be wildstyle to be dope... cuz i like wildsteez but i would much rather see graff that i can read without having to look twice ya know... clear the air please

yea i know about pot and the minimal consequences

http://www.erowid.org is awesome

so the throat is just cause it was my first time?

and it wont hurt as bad if i do it again tonight

cause both my friends smoke pot alot and im gonna have a chance tonight again

but it was so fucking gay

cause i got dry mouth and shit but no high

cola, there is weed that doesnt do anything that we potheads call (mersh,shwag,dirt,mids) smoke sum ak47 northern lights and blueberry dro son.... get blitzed write words

the best shit around here is like chronic, i thought that was just slang for weed but whatever.. like thats it

idk what i had last night though

dude but i think my dad has like really good weed

im wondering if i should take a little bit

In fact, that's what I'm working on to develop as a writer. I think I've pretty well mastered my own letters but doing other people's is a challenge for me and I want to be able to write ANYTHING and make it look dope.

You have to understand something that comes into play here so gather around kiddies because I'm about to drop some knowledge on you (some of you have heard me say this before but a lot of you haven't)...

Each of those pieces was the first time I'd tried to draw those letters.

This is why simples and practice are so important. So many toys and graff outsiders think when a writer constructs a piece, each time, he does the piece different.

They really don't!

Every time, they do the exact same letters. They change up the fill, some positioning here and there, extensions, connections, etc. Those are the things that make each piece different. But if you break the letters down to their root, they are drawn the same every time.

In order to write graffiti, you have to have letters. It's like a logo. You have to have mastered a set of letters that you could draw with your eyes closed and have them look

good.

This is why, when you pick a name out, it's not really important what the name is or means as much as what letters are in it. Because the letters have EVERYTHING to do with determining parts of your style. Don't believe me? Look at ONOROC's letters. All curves and circles. Think that was accidental? Look at the letters in his name!

Anyway, if you don't start with simples and over time, slowly adapt those simples into the wildstyle, you will never accomplish yourself as a writer.

So there you have one of the basic building blocks.

I'll be honest, most writers will NEVER share this with toys and it's so important to getting good. Sure, we tell you to do simples, but we don't break it down like this.

Anyway, thanks for positive and negative criticism, folks.

Peace.

Bump!! very important, yo EBA thnx for pointing out tht the writers use the same letters over and over, they r really good at hiding tht!

anyway if u want to improve u could try to do a simple Krust for me??

pretty plz? ill do a satire for ya:D

DSC03131.jpg

random piece

you got some pretty straight concepts to your pieces..

this one im feelin to be hoenst..

just fix up the S a lil bit and the N..

the lil part before the N curves get rid of

cause it looks like a M kind of to me...

make the K bigger like the rest of em,

add 3D, colors, n you got somethin pretty dope right there...

jus a few simps

blueanro.jpg

greyanro.jpg

noname-16.jpg

Anroe, i see some potential. you say "simple" but it being simple, the letter structre and the poportions has to make sense. im not feelin the last 2 but the 1st one def. has potential. i would say just lose the end extension on the bottom on the R and make the O a little bigger. drop the left arm of the A and curve it slightly kinda like your N. Shorten your 3d and lose the fill in it too. do a piece just like that but with black and white and show me. i'll give you more feedback.

work on your hands too.