Toys post here...

swif1

Okay, quick question... Not quite sure if this is wear it should be but w/e.

After you have practiced simple blocks and bubbles wear do you go next, as in wut wuld be tha next best thing to try? Just wondering so i can get an idea.:confused:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Okay, quick question... Not quite sure if this is wear it should be but w/e.

After you have practiced simple blocks and bubbles wear do you go next, as in wut wuld be tha next best thing to try? Just wondering so i can get an idea.:confused:

read what this other dude said higher up on this page.

the point of practicing simples is to get your letter structures down, and as u practice u will just learn as u go where to go with it....

That's not to say AVOID is a toy, by the way. Motherfucker burns hard and is up like crazy.

Just saying, study the style and do something the same. SIMPLE block letters. You have to master that before you can do anything else.

shy: ouch! Oh! Stop that!

Do you understand 3 dimensions at all?

Pick a vanishing point and run with it.

Really guys, I know it's tempting but avoid trying to inject style into your letters right now. Just work on understanding how 3 dimensions work and memorize your letterforms.

Here's a straight-letter piece I did a while back that shows you EXACTLY what you should be doing...

Never mind the streaky marker fill:

http://www.shapelessmass.com/visuals/blackbook/01_satire.jpg

You'll notice that, aside from the "I," all the letters are the same width, height, there are no connections, no arrows or anything fancy like extensions... just clean, simple letters. No style at all. Just simple letters. You have to practice that to understand how the letters work so you can start to develop style. It's a step by step process. It's taken me three years to get where I'm at. THREE YEARS.

This is where I'm at now... and I still don't feel like I'm completely there:

http://www.shapelessmass.com/visuals/blackbook/unfinished_sev_pieces.jpg

If you can't understand these basics, quit today.

shy: ouch! Oh! Stop that!

Do you understand 3 dimensions at all?

Pick a vanishing point and run with it.

Really guys, I know it's tempting but avoid trying to inject style into your letters right now. Just work on understanding how 3 dimensions work and memorize your letterforms.

Here's a straight-letter piece I did a while back that shows you EXACTLY what you should be doing...

Never mind the streaky marker fill:

http://www.shapelessmass.com/visuals/blackbook/01_satire.jpg

You'll notice that, aside from the "I," all the letters are the same width, height, there are no connections, no arrows or anything fancy like extensions... just clean, simple letters. No style at all. Just simple letters. You have to practice that to understand how the letters work so you can start to develop style. It's a step by step process. It's taken me three years to get where I'm at. THREE YEARS.

This is where I'm at now... and I still don't feel like I'm completely there:

http://www.shapelessmass.com/visuals/blackbook/unfinished_sev_pieces.jpg

If you can't understand these basics, quit today.

thanks heaps for that bro.

i really am one for jumpin straight into shit and bein impatient when i cant get something...

ill try and stay simple for now till i really get it down.

cheers bro

^^^ yo EBA good improvement man. yea, understanding vanishing points

is important, lots of people seem to have no clue what a vanishing point is at all....

..not that great of a piece; but an example of

2 pt perspective nonehteless... (that i already posted earlier):

gein100.jpg

smoke16je.jpg

I Posted before and got mad nasty replys so I want to know what I need to work on havent been graphing too long maybe 15th drawing completed

Why is it that 90% of anyone who starts trying their hand at graffiti has to center it around some lame ass drug element ("ooooo, marijuanna!")

Please, the whole glorification of weed is for people stuck in the early nineties duder.

If this is only your 15th drawing, you are obviously trying to bite off more than you can chew.

You decided to say "fuck mastering the basics, imma go for crazy wild style at the get go!"

And you know what, this is why you fail.

Crappy handstyles, trying to attempt way too much for your skill level, filling up the page to make it look busy.....i could go on and one.

I swear, people have no concept of the word "practice anymore"

kro0zx.jpg

Once again, someone who decided to blow right past mastering simple letter forms and decided to tell the word "practice" to fuck right off.

Your lines lack confidence, your handstyles are obviously done extra small to hide the fact they aren't good either.

Please people, stop trying to cook a five course meal when you're still burning the fuck out of your bowl of cereal.

diggin the bottom one a lot. Follow up on that style some more.

and remember....use bubbles, stars, arrows, etc....SPARINGLY. When you flood your pic with bubbles, it's basically saying "I suck so i used graffiti effects to try and hide that."

No, it just draws more attention to the fact you are awful.

But yeah, def. feeling the blue "star"