Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

people talk mad shit and nitpick the fuck outta you on Paper Chase,

but even the sloppiest pieces ever get props in other threads just cuz they are painted.

dont get me wrong, all the advice i have received is very helpful and i appreciate it...

... and im definitely working on my simples for a while before i try to fuck with any crazy shit.

im just saying its kind of ridiculous how everything gets nitpicked when its on paper.

does anyone get my point or am i just gonna get more shit-talk :spin: :tongue:

people talk mad shit and nitpick the fuck outta you on Paper Chase,

but even the sloppiest pieces ever get props in other threads just cuz they are painted.

dont get me wrong, all the advice i have received is very helpful and i appreciate it...

... and im definitely working on my simples for a while before i try to fuck with any crazy shit.

im just saying its kind of ridiculous how everything gets nitpicked when its on paper.

does anyone get my point or am i just gonna get more shit-talk :spin: :tongue:

you're forgetting young one that paper is the genesis point for many amazing pieces painted on walls.

If we can see that something blows on paper, it will sure as shit blow even more when it is painted on a wall. If it's dope on paper, then usually it should do good on a wall even though i have seen people that can rock a black book but can't paint to save their life.

I dunno what pieces you're talking about (show me an an example of a "sloppy piece") but if i see something awful, i call the person on it.

Usually when yo get really good, you can paint something horrible and people will still commend it because the person has a reputation for being good and thus crappy work can slide. If you have style, it shows through anything....someone like revok could paint something crap but it would still look good because, well, it's revok duder

hope this made sense

keep practicing. It took me years to get good

If it's dope on paper, then usually it should do good on a wall even though i have seen people that can rock a black book but can't paint to save their life.

i guess that was my point ...kind of...

and dont call me "young one" please, im 23....

i dont mean no beef either...

peace

^^^

Did you have to tell me that twice?

Duder, you left yourself open to that one....ya dig?

For the rest of you....I did the exact same things when i started....I saw all that crazy TKO/MSK/AWR etc etc etc and I thought "Damn, i wanna be on that level...NOW!" and attempted things that were way beyond my skill level. Don't try and be a king right off the bat.....I am betting most of you are 16-17 and still in high school.....don't worry, you've got years to practice and get good. Shit, i wish i could show you some stuff from 9-10 years ago compared to what i have now. I was in the same place. So don't get discouraed, keep practiging, master your basic letters and then get crazy

Hybrid.....I can tell you're trying to make a move to something fancier and it's not bad but I can tell it's still pretty shaky. The lines lack confidence but that's to be expected. Ditch that oval looking thing behid the letters. That's overcompensating through use of fancy effects which draws attention to one's inexperience. Also, don't bother with a copyright emblem...you don't need to worry about someone stealing your idea.

And don't bother putting your handstyle on there if you're not comfortable with it. Doing it all small makes it look A)crappy and B)Tells me you're not proud of it so you keep it small in the hope we're just going to look at your letters......which incidently draws my eyes to the damn thing in the first place.

I don't claim to be the best but lemme show you guys something....

2e4d1eaa.jpg

Okay, I have used bubbles in this piece to the extent where they are on the fringes and therefore accent the damn thing. My character is proportional to the letters....i.e. it doesn't overshadow them. Lastly i don't go overboard with the outline. The tops and bottoms of the letters are more or less in line with one another. My handstyle was awful at the time so i didn't even bother putting one down.

Remember....less is more.

LENS, i understand completely about simple and stuff and i'm gonna do it, but it just seems so wierd how you do simple and then one day it just picks up and you get the hang of fancy stuff - how do you know when you should change from simple to more wildstyle? how long did you do simple before getting good at the fancy?

LENS' date=' i understand completely about simple and stuff and i'm gonna do it, but it just seems so wierd how you do simple and then one day it just picks up and you get the hang of fancy stuff - how do you know when you should change from simple to more wildstyle? how long did you do simple before getting good at the fancy?[/quote']

this question has already been answered many times in this thread, just go back a few pages

Flux,

also i was lookin at it a little more and the 3d needs work,

the arrows 3d and the 3d on the U.... at least in my opinion.

im not exactly a graf expert or nuttin

do what everyone keeps sayin, simplify. u can rock that same style

but just a bit simpler and it will look better i think

peace

Thanks quadra...

When I redo it it's will look different. Usually I sketch with a pencil. Then I redo it on the computer. That last one was a quick sketch with a pen. So I really couldn't make edits like I would have liked to have done. Take a look at the one I did below. It's pretty much the same thing but it should show you what I mean about making it look cleaner.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/2348/flux82pb.jpg

yea that looks tight as fuck, i like how u are doing the twist thing with the 3D

but do u see what im sayin about balancing the size of the letters?

cuz like, im not sayin it looks bad at all, im just sayin

the X is like gigantic, and the F is medium size, then the L is kinda sorta indiscernable and the U is tiny.

i mean, im not one to talk cuz i couldnt draw that twistin 3D shit at all, and its sick,

im just restating the advice ive already been given on this thread:

keep your letter structure even and simple and evovle from there.

get what i mean?

-peace