Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
yo maso how do u post shit so clear

what do u mean "so clear" ????

oh are u like taking a picture of it?

im using a scanner.... u can get a ghetto ass scanner/printer like mine for like 60 bucks at walmart dude.

i just scan it, upload it to photobucket, and then i resize it down like 50% or so dependin on how big the drawing is

shit im using a camera

that sucks.... just get some good lighting on it?? is it a cellphone camera or a digi??

just buy a cheapass walmart scanner, it works good enough if this is all u use it for.

if u actually need it for more than some bullshit like this though, u need a better one.

i use to have a sickass scanner when i lived with my parents, cuz my dad worked in graphics design....

anyways, i gotta work at 6 am.... peace out nyukaz

maso18.jpg

P.S. yea this was a drunken 2 minute sketch if it wasnt already obvious. :scrambled: :D

I've been writing for a little over a month I guess...just some shit.

dest1.jpg

I was originally just going to write 'destroy' just to practice letters, but I ran out of room. I know, my 3D and shading need work.

epic1.jpg

What I write. Just something 'simple'. I'll post a pic of my throwies later. Oh yeah, I know I fucked up with the C. I wasn't sure on how I should write it, that's why it's so light incase I wanted to make changes or w/e.

Comments & crit. please.

the T on the dest is a little too big, and i think you might want to change the p it blocks out too much stuff

and to dropoff, for the second one, there's too much thickness variation in the letters

Hey, thanks for the advice. I'll post up some other work later then. As far as my letter structure, what should I work on?

LENS' date=' i understand completely about simple and stuff and i'm gonna do it, but it just seems so wierd how you do simple and then one day it just picks up and you get the hang of fancy stuff - how do you know when you should change from simple to more wildstyle? how long did you do simple before getting good at the fancy?[/quote']

that's a tough one...I guess it all really depends on your comfort level with simple letters. I would say that when you are really comfortable with simple letters and you're bored as shit with'em, start tweaking them out little bits at a time....here, lemme show you something.....

here's an old blackbook page....

Picture006.jpg

See the simples i have at the top that aren't so simple? Go with little changes to the simplicity without going overboard. It says "Here we go!" but as you can see...."Go" looks like shit because I got cocky. But "Here We....." is a good example of tweaking the simple letters enough so that you begin a progression of sorts.

And I was always better at doing characters than letters.

A lot of you are drawing these half assed D&D characters to spice things up. Lemme tell you....a poorly executed character is just as a bad as using way too many bubbles, stars, arrows, etc.......

As I said before, drawing a big fucked up character next to your letters is saying "Well, my letter forms suck so let's hope this character balances it out....oh, wait, it doesn't, it just makes things look worse"

Imagine if you had a really bad outfit on for the night and you wanted to draw attention away from that by having a girl with you....but said girl is ugly as fuck so it just makes your outfit look even worse. My letters on a whole aren't terrible but not great either. My strength lies in the characters I can bust out

^^^

yesh.......the stars on the outside look decent enough but look at the contrast of those solid black stars to the rest of the pencil grey lines......where do your eyes go first? What gets focused on immediatly?

yes......the little black stars

do it over. Get rid of that shit

My number one piece of advice to you guys.....don't give up.

I would love to show you some of my earliest efforts just so that you can see i was once at this stage too......so were all the greats.

There's a few of you that might be the next Saber, Revok, Totem2, Daim, etc......

lens has faith in you new jacks.

I like the KASD in the arrow and the one on the bottom......both are good examples of keeping it simple and gradually tweaking it out.....

And for christs sake you guys.....stop writing shit like "I SUCK!" or "Please forgive my toy efforts" next to your artwork.....aight?

Remember, you should practice your characters in step with your letters.....both can be used to real good effect when they are on the same level as one another.

maso18.jpg

P.S. yea this was a drunken 2 minute sketch if it wasnt already obvious. :scrambled: :D

Alcohol is no excuse...there is no difference between what you do sober and what you do drunk.

And what did i say about poorly executed characters being as bad as lot's of stars and bubbles? Are you people illterate or something?

Alcohol is no excuse...there is no difference between what you do sober and what you do drunk.

And what did i say about poorly executed characters being as bad as lot's of stars and bubbles? Are you people illterate or something?

it was a statement not an excuse, jesus fucken christ man

the character is supposed to be you, telling me to simplify it over and over...