Toys post here...

swif1

dont worry quadra ' date=' nobody likes my shit either hehe. those characters saying simplify - had me laughing all day, i can just picture Lens caning you while he tells you do simples over and over. ;)[/quote']

yea i thought it was funny too but he will probably bitch a fit about it in an hour or two.

and im not trying to get people to like my shit, just looking for advice, and Lens gives really good advice so... i was just makin a harmless joke, whateva...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
hey, simple letters are the basis for greatness.

I wasted a lot of time trying to do wild style right off the bat

yea same here man, you would probably throw up if u saw some of the "wildstyles" i did when i first started. im all thinking "hey man this wildstyle shit is easy, i kick ass!!!" and then i looked at them the next day and i was like ""what the fuck is that shit" lol, they are soooo horrible. i think i might post one up in a bit just to get some laughs.

here's a simple i did today in school

same-simple.jpg

the light pencil line running through the letters is the line where i was thinking about adding colors

how's it look?

christ, practice doing some basic block letters first duder.....

just out of curiosity, how old are you?

Not a bad effort but if you're going to make two letters connect from such a long distance, you need to be more subtle about it. That big line across the A is about as subtle as throwing your penis onto a girls face and asking for head. If your inention was to incorporate it as apart of your "A", then mission unaccomplished.

the best thing you've got going is the "S" which although should be more proportional, has some good potential. The left side of the "M"....hmmmmm, that one thing just branches off and ends.....I'll forgive you if you wanna end it in an arrow. Try different placements with the hole in your "O" keep working on your "A"

edit: this is menat for quadra

ay imma toy.. yea not proud of it... just needin some guidance, let me know what yall think.

PURPLEHAZE.jpg

(haze)

echo.jpg

(echo)

let me know what ya think...NAZT-419

how long have you been doing this? three days right?

you're trying for wayyyyyy too much for a skill level that is painfully in the beginning stages.

fancy effects, fillins, 3-d.....all that shit comes later dude. Master your basic simple letters like the rest of these cats THEN try to rock the fancy shit.

"BUT I WANNA BE ALL CITY! TONIGHT!"

Uhm....no. Look forward to at least a year of sucking ass before pulling off something capable....maybe less if you have some sort of artistic talent.

and for the last time......this is a thread for TOYS........someone would have to be a complete asshole to come in here and harp on you guys. That's why this thread is here...so beginners don't post their sketches in other threads and get clowned upon. you're on safe ground here. So.....don't say stupid things like "yo, I be a toy yo" or "yeah yeah, these sketches suck ass!"

be like quadra or vare....take pride in your stuff even though it blows for the time being.

maso20-2.jpg

there, i modified it a bit. i like it better now. unfortunately i didnt realize to erase that weird thing on the second leg of the M until after i scanned it... so just kind imagine that thing isnt there....

looks better? or do u think the hole in the O should be in the center? cuz i was thinkin it would look a little weird there.

maso21.jpg

unfinished sketch, bit of a variation on the previous one... still need to even it up and flesh it out a bit, but any comments thus far??

figured i'd give the previous idea a bubble type of thing goin on and see how it looked... im about to fix it up more but figured id post and look for suggestions...

edit- maybe i should make the center of the O a downward facing arrow, to even out the arrows a bit?

maso, i dont like the arrow on the left of the M. or the A. the S O is good but doesnt work with the rest of it. work on makin the other letters simple like that, and dont bother connecting the letters. cut down on the arrows, so no.. dont put one in the O

thats tight Jank.... cool lookin fish thing...

maso22.jpg

yet another variation on my previous sketch and once again, not yet completed...

just throwin it up on here to get some feedback... i think im gonna add a 3D on this one but im not sure....

too many arrows? i think they are subtle enough that it works.

NaZT my main advice would be to make the letters the same width all the way through each letter. do simple stuff...

LENS in all his godlinesss has said it all. gd job m8!!!

for a battle on bs..

corailfishy.jpg

Digging this.......we have good color which is complimentary and eye pleasing but not too ambitious. THe letters are all proportioned well, are even at the base and top and are well on their way to going past simple and into the realm of something more stylized. The fishie is simple but unique and fits into the lettering well so as not to overpower nor is it trying too hard to be "graffiti" Good job on your use of light pink and lbue highlights in all the right places. Kudos for not overdoing'em as well.

You're on the right path duder.

good job

haha then go 4 it. stick with wat u like. develop ur shit dont b too dependent on wat wakjobs like me say. if u like it, run wit it. safe

edit* thanks lens, as usual top quality crits lol.. cos they were all nice!!! cheers

quadra....sorry, I modified your thing a little to illustrate what i meant....and yes, it's sloppy because i have no patience for Paint.

maso20-2.jpg

I breifly fucked with a few elements to show you where to go from here. Arrows should (or at least i think so) be kept tight to your letters as opposed to extending long ass tail off your letters that end in arrows...that's gay.

Also, please don't use arrows for the spaces in your letters.

ye i clocked onto that a sec ago lol .bt ye man go wit wat u like... im just sayin wot i wud do but if every1 did wot i wud day every1s shit wud luk like mine. ur on the right track just stay simple.

*edit: and BOSE so what? its not like this kid is gonna pose any threat to ur m8 who probly lived a couple bazillion miles away. hell prolly change it anyway. o well if u care u care its all gravy