Toys post here...

swif1

I'll try and solve the squabble thing by not looking at the last page. No offense meant to anyone, I guess I did come off as a dick but I wasn't in the mood to do the english vocabulary any justice.

This is all a lot better. What I meant the other day was try to keep always keep bars solid and not get those funky blocks overlapping each other and not doing much like in the aegos. I think you should get what I mean. That and sending lines from bars into the letter that don't belong like on the i in the satire. Also I don't entirely dig what's going on in places like the top rights of the n and a's in the aesen straight(but it is appealing overall), but some extensions could be saved if you don't send lines into the wrong places. But keep trying new things and pay attention to specific bars and styles that look exceptionally good to you.

Recently been trying to get more complicated and throw in those "bullshit extensions" and it's cool to see how what I do in straights carries into the more complex stuff. Been busy but I'll come back tonight or tomorrow and put some pictures in this post to cut back on the textual overload.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

FLOW, You're on the right track. Keep everything simple. buy like 300 pieces of paper and do the same outline over and over until you finish. repeat with the tag. Each time, look at it and try to see whats right and whats wrong. Eventually you'll clean it up.

SPER, I Really like your stuff. The red and blue simple's letters are so nice.

4EYES, Really Nice. The doom piece is killer, the throwie kinda looks like YEYES, even though the y is different. My 2 cents.

DIC3 Simplify. Try to work on your letter structure, use bars if you don't yet.

7333498458_9051fdafe1.jpg

BAZE sketch 4 crits by ...BZ, on Flickr

@MN_Nice, I like those 4EYES.. that pink/blue rotating and green/black at the bottom are fresh.. nice and simple but they look clean.. keep at it.. something ive been realizing, gotta keep em simple.. I agree with the below crit about the throwie, the 4 resembles a Y.. not because it is the same as the true Y but its just hard to see that it is a 4 unless you know the word is 4eyes.. I can see it being pretty hard to come up with something to distinguish it more but just mess with a few new things see if you can get something going to make the 4 really stand alone

@BAZE, to maybe try something new try working with a vanishing point for your 3D.. it doesnt seem like you are right now but that can add to the consistency of a piece nicely and make it more artistically accurate. Just drop a "DOT" somewhere on the page, below the piece, above the piece, left or right, and anchor your 3D angle lines to that point. Just moving the vanishing point into new positions/perspectives can really change the entire style of a piece.. you can make it look like its exploding out of a point or leaning a particular way.. just a quick tip that I think would help make your pieces pop more.. keep at it

Everything artistic is a work in progress. Welcome to 12oz

True that. Thanks for the greet

FLOW, You're on the right track. Keep everything simple. buy like 300 pieces of paper and do the same outline over and over until you finish. repeat with the tag. Each time, look at it and try to see whats right and whats wrong. Eventually you'll clean it up.

Took your advice into consideration, and it's actually starting to look better now! Will post pics further on down the road once I've really cleaned it up. Thanks gear

You're from Kanata right? Btw, nice tag =)

I'm afraid I'm not. Thanks for the compliment though :P