Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Something I do from time to time is just pump out single letters by themselves

Trying to make each one different and try to make the letter so it could be placed in different parts of a word to try to force new shapes of the letter. After that grab little bits from each letter that you like and combine them. Once that process is done try doing single letter with extensions, trying to give each extension a purpose or reason.

I don't know if that process works for everyone but I feel like it definitely helped me out.

IMG_20101009_210816.jpg

jghfjgfhjf.jpg

photobucket's not a cunt anymore

e2a546d1.jpg

trying new and random things. p extension sucks ass and my brown outline varies in width too much but it's alright.

could someone explain fading? I finally got a blender and tried using it but it just made everything look shitty and watercolory. It doesn't even need to be an explanation just a point in the right direction. Does the type of paper I use make a difference?

dont connect letters in tags and you might just want to leave out halos, stars, arrows, etc till you get a real handstyle going.

In the throw don't let letters overlap so much that you can't see half of one. At the same time you want very little negative space unless it has aesthetic value and you probably won't be able to do something like that for a while. the w is the best letter