FONTS FONTS FONTS - The Official Typography Thread

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...
Originally posted by Herbivore@Feb 8 2006, 03:41 AM

I don't think that's a font. I think someone did it by hand. If you look at the 'n's, 'e's and 'c's there are slight differences.

yeah i thought the same thing but ive seen it in so many places now i figure it must be , or at least a recognised script style.just the name of whatever its called would be a big help

its a tattoo/flash aesthetic but its not a script font.. its definitely handmade. as for transferring fonts around.. the more fonts gets transferred around the more likely they can get corrupted. and having corrupted fonts sucks.. it can become a domino effect.

Originally posted by SOAKER@Feb 17 2006, 07:39 AM

Hmmm...Im wondering how some of those writers in that font site actually got on. A few of them cats dont write for shit and havent for fucking YEARS. LAME!

Good point. However, it's not really about what they've done in the last few days much less few years. It's more about what they've done throughout their entire "career" as a writer.

For example... my font looks nothing like a handstyle, and I'm still not sure why I was chosen. Though I do like having my own typeface. There's so many options with my font that need to be used in order for it to look like my actual handwriting... though once you've mastered the font, it's damn close to the real thing. I'd like to think my hand was chosen due to the work I've put in as a writer with letters in general. And my hand goes with that body of work.

However, guys like Espo & SP.One have really laid a foundation for the writers of today. Whether you or anyone chooses to believe that or not is a matter of opinion. But there's truth to the statement.

I would suggest to anyone who feels that Handselecta isn't using "real" writers or is using "hasbeens" to either contact them and tell them who they should be using or get to work and make their own typefaces.

Why complain?

Joker Straight Letter Family

Open Type Standard

Discounted over 30%

$279.00 - 9 Fonts, 3 Weights

WTF...I wonder how sales are at this outrageous price....

The shit is nice but that just seems too much...

Okokok....I see your point JOKER, BUT the site clearly states that these writers are representing a city style...So how do you have RUST MESK and JOKER "repping" DC.

The "City Style" isnt even a DC hand and those cats only wrote for a few years in the District or all together for that matter. Now if you had some heads like Cool Disco Dan or CERT or SEVEN...then I could see that...And Baltimore....hmmmm....thats not a BMORE handstyle...Maybe if Shaken or Daver got on it then maybe...I think this is a case of WHO ya know not WHAT ya know...I wonder if its the same case elsewhere. The shit is nice and all that but c'mon!

Archived