FONTS FONTS FONTS - The Official Typography Thread

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by GoD5eNt@Mar 7 2005, 11:36 AM

I can't get fonts I download to be viewed by anyone else but me... I'm font retarded, please educate.

Give us a clue as to what you are trying to do! Is this on a website? a word document? What?

If it is in Word, or Powerpoint, when you go to save a document for the first time you can embed the font in the file. When ou click save, the window pops up asking what to call it and where to save it. Click on Tools in top right corner. Then select Gerenal Options and tick embed true type fonts. If it is just something for others to read and not edit, tick embed fonts in use only as this helps keep the file size down.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cool Thread. Check out Living Hell fonts for some nice Grungy/Evil fonts. If you click and you get an error keep trying it works at random time's but the fonts are worth it. Also, i've been looking for a font dont know the name but they always use it for Poker or Card playing shit, kinda looks western,its kinda trendy anyone know what the hell im talkin bout? thanx

Originally posted by The Leader@Mar 22 2005, 11:17 PM

details1.jpg

this font is so fucking awesome. anyone know what it is?

looks custom...

i'm also into Deanne Cheuk's typography in Tokion... turning freeware fonts inside out and a lot of hand drawn/watercolor type. Backing everyone else up, nothing beats DaFont

Gotham Condensed

+ Knockout from Hoefler + Frere-Jones are stunning, although equally as expensive.... I tried to use gotham on a newspaper redesign and the client wouldn't go for it as they needed 18 seats @ $250 a pop...

http://www.typography.com/

Archived