Price points on high-end denim?!

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, CLICKCLACKONER said:

don't worry about shrinkage.  They will stretch back out after wearing them everyday for a week.  You might not get the length back though.

yeah, I'm happy RRL has died down.  I was pissed when they started selling online and opening up shops everywhere.  I think at one point they had 3 or 4 shops in NY.

anywho... it seems like people are just wearing dorky chrome hearts (which for sure died when every Dominican bought  the trucker hat with their FPUC unemployment checks) stuff and designer mixed with vintage.

chrome hearts is traaash in my opinion...its basically glorified true religion

10 hours ago, glorydays said:

are there any brands you look at besides uniqlo for selvedge if you were to get back into it?

I wanna try grabbing some

wesc used to do reasonable selvedge, not sure if they still make them or not but I've got a few pairs.  Also have a few pairs of N&F, 1 pair of RRL and 1 pair of Diesel's. 

Of them all my favourite are prob the N&F.

Also came across "Unbranded" but I have never worn them, so can't comment.

• Props 1

5 hours ago, metronome said:

wesc used to do reasonable selvedge, not sure if they still make them or not but I've got a few pairs.  Also have a few pairs of N&F, 1 pair of RRL and 1 pair of Diesel's. 

Of them all my favourite are prob the N&F.

Also came across "Unbranded" but I have never worn them, so can't comment.

the unbranded pair kind of brought up an idea of making my own pair

there are jeans manufacturers in LA so I might hit them up

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, CLICKCLACKONER said:

@glorydays Sounds weird but hop in the shower with room temp water for about 5-10 min.  you'll prolly look like a smurf from the waist down. let it hang dry.  Once dry you good to go.  It will still be stiff but it will soften after a few wears.  what brand and fit did you end up copping?

i got "the unbranded brand" skinny fit

I sized up 1 size on the waist but it's fitting perfect right now.

cheap as fuck japanese raw denim...sanforized. priced at 80 dollars US.

I'm gonna hop in the shower then

Edited by glorydays
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, glorydays said:

@CLICKCLACKONER

I slept in the jeans dry...the next morning i took a shower in them for 10 minutes then hung dry them.

I saw that after the shower, there are little fades happening around the butt, knees, and thigh area

i take it after i slept in them, some creases happened.

wear the shit out of them!!

On 8/29/2012 at 1:46 PM, swif1 said:

I done copped me a pair of Ande Whall joints recently. Special Roll #2. Awwyeeeee

Hoo doggy it's been a while. I'm glad I got over the denim/selvedge addiction although I still prefer (and still wear mostly) raws. Working an office job put a halt to my wearing raws until the pandemic hit so now I'm wearing them while I work from home. Sold my N&F's, Railcar, Momotaro x Blue Owl, some MIJ/MII Dior and SLP. Still have a few Dior and SLP MIJ/MII's I'm trying to sell although they've been altered for big-boned manlets aka me. heh.

Damn fucking tough finding deadstock black 2013/2014 MIJ D02's now but lucked out on an AW15 deadstock pair. Looking forward to not fuck these up like I did my AW13 pair.

Wish I knew about denim repair before I trashed my APC's years ago. Oh wellz.

p.s. for anyone, including lurkers, don't take the bait of high-end designer raws as you're, generally speaking, paying a premium for the name.

/end rant

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 9.34.06 PM.png

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 5:05 PM, glorydays said:

I wear them first, and THEN soak?

I know it's late, but I prefer to soak first so that the jeans do that lil bit of shrinking to where you'll actually start getting the honeycombs and whiskers. You can always starch the shit out them with some Faultless if you want the stiffness back although they say starch chokes the cotton blah blah blah.

And, bro, they are the most uncomfortable thing on my legs right now.

Lmao god I cannot relate to this enough. It's as if I'm exfoliating my legs.

• Truth 1

46 minutes ago, swif1 said:

I know it's late, but I prefer to soak first so that the jeans do that lil bit of shrinking to where you'll actually start getting the honeycombs and whiskers. You can always starch the shit out them with some Faultless if you want the stiffness back although they say starch chokes the cotton blah blah blah.

Lmao god I cannot relate to this enough. It's as if I'm exfoliating my legs.

thanks for that bro...yea, i soaked them first and all this slimy shit came off.

I prefer without the starch tho....they were so hard to wear during the first few hours

On 8/24/2020 at 6:56 PM, swif1 said:

Hoo doggy it's been a while. I'm glad I got over the denim/selvedge addiction although I still prefer (and still wear mostly) raws. Working an office job put a halt to my wearing raws until the pandemic hit so now I'm wearing them while I work from home. Sold my N&F's, Railcar, Momotaro x Blue Owl, some MIJ/MII Dior and SLP. Still have a few Dior and SLP MIJ/MII's I'm trying to sell although they've been altered for big-boned manlets aka me. heh.

Damn fucking tough finding deadstock black 2013/2014 MIJ D02's now but lucked out on an AW15 deadstock pair. Looking forward to not fuck these up like I did my AW13 pair.

Wish I knew about denim repair before I trashed my APC's years ago. Oh wellz.

p.s. for anyone, including lurkers, don't take the bait of high-end designer raws as you're, generally speaking, paying a premium for the name.

/end rant

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 9.34.06 PM.png

broski....that collection looks mad intimidating

@glorydaysHaha don't be! When the fashion bug bit, I felt it was "necessary" to have a pair for different looks/fits. It took a couple years before I found the right pairs that were pre-distressed to my liking. They don't fit anymore because of my weightloss so now I have to sell them 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Truth 1

1 minute ago, swif1 said:

@glorydaysHaha don't be! When the fashion bug bit, I felt it was "necessary" to have a pair for different looks/fits. It took a couple years before I found the right pairs that were pre-distressed to my liking. They don't fit anymore because of my weightloss so now I have to sell them 🤷🏻‍♂️

so you dont strictly stick to raw denim or selvedge

@glorydaysNot 100%, no, although I find myself wearing my raws more often. I didn't realize it until I noticed my chair got darker from the dye transfer haha.

Left pair is 100% cotton I wear for a more formal look that I had the crotch reinforced and tapered from the knee down; right pair 98% cotton 2% elastane for a more casual look and light staxx with a crotch repair plus reinforced. It used to look like the pair on the left too.

I can't do anything more than 13oz in this weather otherwise I'd get a heatstroke. Had 15oz fuckers for a while but I had to put in some work to get them fades in. Saw this second pic on Reddit and shit had me dying.

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 7.47.39 PM.png

IMG_4395.JPG

Edited by swif1

53 minutes ago, glorydays said:

so you dont strictly stick to raw denim or selvedge

I almost never get to talk about denim irl so I'm just going to air out here. I used to be all about the selvedge but started edging more towards raw. Now I have more of a collector's mindset with a focus on seasons and an emphasis on MIJ with designer denim re: Dior and SLP. I was going to pull the trigger on a pair of black raw MIJ's from Celine because Hedi but I came across a pair of SLP from AW15 that actually just arrived today. It's not as skinny as the AW13 pair I have, but I can dig it and I get to start over again with that nice luxe sheen. I like the Dior selvedge jawns I got and how it's incorporated elsewhere on the pant but it can be seen as "loud" but fuck 'em. If you know, you know.

/snobby fashion victim

Edited by swif1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, swif1 said:

I almost never get to talk about denim irl so I'm just going to air out here. I used to be all about the selvedge but started edging more towards raw. Now I have more of a collector's mindset with a focus on seasons and an emphasis on MIJ with designer denim re: Dior and SLP. I was going to pull the trigger on a pair of black raw MIJ's from Celine because Hedi but I came across a pair of SLP from AW15 that actually just arrived today. It's not as skinny as the AW13 pair I have, but I can dig it and I get to start over again with that nice luxe sheen. I like the Dior selvedge jawns I got and how it's incorporated elsewhere on the pant but it can be seen as "loud" but fuck 'em. If you know, you know.

/snobby fashion victim

I'm gonna stick with the selvedge raw denim brands

I really like what 3sixteen and rogue territory are doing

@misteravendon't you have a few pairs of japanese raw selvedge denim

@glorydaysI just checked out 3sixteen's site and holy cow did they expand their catalog. Last time I checked their site, they maybe only had like six cuts/washes of denim hahahah. I always wanted a pair of their shadow denim since day one too. Annnnnnnnd it looks like they have a 12oz version I have to cop now, you asshole! 🤬

• Truth 1

15 minutes ago, swif1 said:

@glorydaysI just checked out 3sixteen's site and holy cow did they expand their catalog. Last time I checked their site, they maybe only had like six cuts/washes of denim hahahah. I always wanted a pair of their shadow denim since day one too. Annnnnnnnd it looks like they have a 12oz version I have to cop now, you asshole! 🤬

bro....shit is fucking fire