Price points on high-end denim?!

misteraven

just so its clear your not visiting the I+W store unless you drive to Nashville. they selected other retailers to carry their product. you will get a great pair of denim but not the care and experience you would if you visited the Nashville home store...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I wont be driving to Tennessee anytime soon, chances of going there on business is slim. As far as I know there isn't a place to get their product up north, Seattle is the closest to me.

...It's a really cool company tho, I read through their site and watched the video of their beginning, it's nice to see people doing what they really love. That comes through in the final product for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
No local outlet for another 300miles

I might eBay it and take the L

or take that upnorth trip

It's obvious too late, but you could have called the nearest location to do the return via mail. Just make sure you document it as well as delivery confirmation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...

@misteraven

@Kults

@CLICKCLACKONER

@KILZ FILLZ

I'm bringing this shit back

I've been wearing this raw indigo denim from Palace (the almighty) everyday. I am now a covert from Dickies to any raw denim Jean's I can get my hands on. The only con is that they arent selvedge denim.

20200731_213107.thumb.jpg.8a60ea2ba1196ab07ea84ee24ee3c548.jpg

What are your guys' thoughts on raw selvedge denim today, now that we're getting older and some of us can actually cop these joints.

I'm planning on getting these Babylon selvedge denim jawnz next week. For the price, these might be the cheapest Japanese denim right now, besides naked and famous.

Screenshot_20200731-213658_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3090d1f2e9604e23acba0fe6a192ec76.jpg

Screenshot_20200731-213709_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c2c455beb7a4d9f96f9fed6e79b2ee93.jpg

Edited by glorydays

I’m not very versed in denim

i have a coworker who was trying to school me on it but I didn’t take away a whole bunch

big point I remember was the stitching down the sides of the leg being done much better

so if you’re someone who cuffs your pants you can flex that

ive always heard great things about Japanese denim but have never owned a pair

last couple years I’ve been wearing chinos almost exclusively @glorydays

• Truth 1

3 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

I’m not very versed in denim

i have a coworker who was trying to school me on it but I didn’t take away a whole bunch

big point I remember was the stitching down the sides of the leg being done much better

so if you’re someone who cuffs your pants you can flex that

ive always heard great things about Japanese denim but have never owned a pair

last couple years I’ve been wearing chinos almost exclusively @glorydays

I feel it...japanese denim and collectors have been coming up on my time line in youtube so i was just spending time watching and i decided to just wear more denim in general.

The raw denim i have right now is fucking amazing

36 minutes ago, CLICKCLACKONER said:

All my jeans are of Japanese material but made in the USA.

All of my jeans are RRL except for a black pair of 3sixteens but I go to "husky" for them.

do you follow the "rules" of raw denim like do you soak them first and never wash them again?

3 minutes ago, glorydays said:

do you follow the "rules" of raw denim like do you soak them first and never wash them again?

I soak first, sometimes I shower with the raw denim.  Don't wash for a year after that I wash about every 6 months inside out and hung dry with woolite for dark clothes.

Most of my selvedge was already washed/ pre-distressed.

I'm not really geeking out over denim anymore and treat them just like regular jeans.  My raw RRL has seen better days, at least 3 crotch blow outs (pause) and random holes.  Held up pretty good for being over 10 years old.  Might buy inexpensive uniqlo selvedge for my next raw purchase.

• Props 1

Just now, CLICKCLACKONER said:

I soak first, sometimes I shower with the raw denim.  Don't wash for a year after that I wash about every 6 months inside out and hung dry with woolite for dark clothes.

Most of my selvedge was already washed/ pre-distressed.

I'm not really geeking out over denim anymore and treat them just like regular jeans.  My raw RRL has seen better days, at least 3 crotch blow outs (pause) and random holes.  Held up pretty good for being over 10 years old.  Might buy inexpensive uniqlo selvedge for my next raw purchase.

are there any brands you look at besides uniqlo for selvedge if you were to get back into it?

I wanna try grabbing some

@glorydays

APC has been known to have the good fades.

RRL has been my go to as I've been in to lo since the late 80s.

3Sixteen produces quality denim.

Imogene + Willie has been mentioned on this thread as being quality, I think the owners came from Ralph Lauren

Loren in Brooklyn makes dope shit, they also repair all my denim.  I think they also worked with Ralph Lauren.

Edited by CLICKCLACKONER
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CLICKCLACKONER said:

@glorydays

APC has been known to have the good fades.

RRL has been my go to as I've been in to lo since the late 80s.

3Sixteen produces quality denim.

Imogene + Willie has been mentioned on this thread as being quality, I think the owners came from Ralph Lauren

Loren in Brooklyn makes dope shit, they also repair all my denim.  I think they also worked with Ralph Lauren.

i looked at rogue territory and 3Sixteen...shit is fiiire

5 minutes ago, glorydays said:

@CLICKCLACKONERyea i just followed them

i feel late to the game, but i kinda like that the hype died down cuz it allows me to cop without stressing

yeah I was reading my posts from this thread from 10 years ago and I was hella noob but fuck it.  what's funny is that I'm still rocking the same jeans from those old posts.  I'm telling you that raw RRL lasts forever and fits like comfy pajamas after every wear.

• Truth 1

Just now, CLICKCLACKONER said:

yeah I was reading my posts from this thread from 10 years ago and I was hella noob but fuck it.  what's funny is that I'm still rocking the same jeans from those old posts.  I'm telling you that raw RRL lasts forever and fits like comfy pajamas after every wear.

RRL hype is dying down, and not cuz its low quality but hypebeasts today are about fast fashion and shit

I think i can get on ebay and grab some RRL for the low 

once i get my hands on some raw denim I'll take pics of what i have going on...i just soaked my palace raw denim and immediately saw that they shrunk

don't worry about shrinkage.  They will stretch back out after wearing them everyday for a week.  You might not get the length back though.

yeah, I'm happy RRL has died down.  I was pissed when they started selling online and opening up shops everywhere.  I think at one point they had 3 or 4 shops in NY.

anywho... it seems like people are just wearing dorky chrome hearts (which for sure died when every Dominican bought  the trucker hat with their FPUC unemployment checks) stuff and designer mixed with vintage.

2 minutes ago, glorydays said:

RRL hype is dying down, and not cuz its low quality but hypebeasts today are about fast fashion and shit

I think i can get on ebay and grab some RRL for the low 

once i get my hands on some raw denim I'll take pics of what i have going on...i just soaked my palace raw denim and immediately saw that they shrunk

Edited by CLICKCLACKONER
  • LOL! 1

1 minute ago, CLICKCLACKONER said:

don't worry about shrinkage.  They will stretch back out after wearing them everyday for a week.  You might not get the length back though.

the length i don't worry about cuz i cuff them shits while skating anyway

I'll take a pic and post it really quick