Price points on high-end denim?!

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
19 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

These jeans were heavy af. Too bad they gotta go back. I would have to have an absolute dump truck to fill these out. Dont worry guys, I will stay raw.

By the time you find the right pair of raws, they're going to write some shit like bro wtf man make up your mind lmao

18 hours ago, LUGR said:

What happens if you soak raw denim in salt water?

Your olfactory sense will be hit with wonderful aromatics courtesy of the ocean and its inhabitants fecal matter coupled with the natural oils, sweat, and odor your body produced.

Imo it's the cringiest shit ever, bro. Rubbing sand against the jeans will help speed up the wear, no doubt. But soaking/washing? sigh I'm extremely self-conscious so I laugh at people talmbout:

PngItem_3554200.png.c498e4e1f9da9c1de65f30bd13be5637.png

I dOn'T sMeLL wHeN i SweAT

Just because you can't smell yourself doesn't mean other people can't either. I know there's some people who don't sweat as easy as others, but not the majority. It doesn't help the fact that I know someone who brags their girlfriend "doesn't notice" he smoked cigarettes before kissing or his shit don't stink when she goes down on him when he's geeked up on Adderall. She's a dentist and they aren't together anymore. Fuck, man. It took a while for me to suppress this shit and you got me in ten words hahah.

I find soaking your jeans in the ocean to be gimmicky. Unless you have access to a body of water that smells "good", it would be in your best interest to soak the jeans again when you get home, imo. I don't see any benefits with soaking jeans in ancient water or freezing jeans. The latter just makes the bacteria feel like they're throwed from that Sprite and Tussionex. Once they get to room temp, they'll just fire up the odor.

However, I suspect salt water removes oils from your jeans the same way it does your hair more effectively than a fresh water soak. If that's the case, I'll brine my jeans in the bathtub with Himalayan salt since the oils don't actually start extracting until half an hour to an hour later. I believe salt helps reduces dye loss too.

Edited by swif1
laying out my sentences right
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 2

@mr.yuckYou and me both. I only (sham)poo maybe once a week since I don't wear product working from home, but I rinse my hair at least twice a day.

Honestly, you shouldn't worry about six months of nonstop wear. I recommend soaking the jeans when they feel gross against your skin and/or smelly. When I realized my thighs were breaking out because of the oil my jeans collected, I threw that idea right out the fucking window and my legs were happy ever since. I'm the guy that washes his feet throughout the day and always before bed.

I think you'd really like a veg tanned leather belt. If you're into a one-man op, hit up Corter Leather. I think he hired two people a few years ago though, but still.

Here's my Tanner Goods natural. It's actually lighter irl. The middle part of the "S" I made...that patch of leather that's bright is from me hooking my carabiner into the belt loop. This is almost 4 years of wear since I don't wear it daily.

IMG_4771.thumb.JPG.b0624ce9d0e693881fdf844ac82b9665.JPG

and here's what it looks like new lmao: https://www.tannergoods.com/collections/classic-belts/products/classic-belt-natural

• LOL! 1

36 minutes ago, Qawee said:

Any of you guys fuck with Left Field? I have two pairs so far (one atlas one greaser), I have been liking them because they have a higher rise than most other jeans. Got another pair of greasers on the way if USPS gets their shit together...

heard of them but never owned!

12 hours ago, Qawee said:

Any of you guys fuck with Left Field? I have two pairs so far (one atlas one greaser), I have been liking them because they have a higher rise than most other jeans. Got another pair of greasers on the way if USPS gets their shit together...

once it gets in, post a pic of your collection

ahh true. Those Left Field double blacks looking nice.

I wore my faded black jeggings today and it has me wanting to start over with a new pair of SLP jeggings. Ksubi looks nice, but don't want the contrasting details. KR3W doesn't have it on their site. Looked at Acne, but they have way too much of a blend. Found some SLP's on eBay. I think I'm going to go with Celine and a bootleg pair. I might just say fuck it and hit up PacSun tomorrow to get it over with. idfk

Edited by swif1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, swif1 said:

ahh true. Those Left Field double blacks looking nice.

I wore my faded black jeggings today and it has me wanting to start over with a new pair of SLP jeggings. Ksubi looks nice, but don't want the contrasting details. KR3W doesn't have it on their site. Looked at Acne, but they have way too much of a blend. Found some SLP's on eBay. I think I'm going to go with Celine and a bootleg pair. I might just say fuck it and hit up PacSun tomorrow to get it over with. idfk

bro, i wish i can afford celine raws

50 minutes ago, swif1 said:

@glorydaysThoughts on replicas? I plan to cop a pair and possibly a pair of D02 SLP rep. Apparently this place (check your PM) is using the same denim supplier for SLP and Celine (MIJ). I can't say for the other denim Celine sells, but the black raws are flat-felled.

i have no issues with replicas...the only concern i have is quality cuz i hate shitty made replicas

@glorydaysYeah, I'm bugging the site even sourced the selvedge lmao. I'm still learning how to set aside money as opposed to buying on impulse but one of the denim I linked to you has been restocked a lot re: poor reps. I've been reading further into the Celine thread on SF folks have been saying it's like the SLP 2013 D02's, so my mouth is salivating.

1 minute ago, swif1 said:

@glorydaysYeah, I'm bugging the site even sourced the selvedge lmao. I'm still learning how to set aside money as opposed to buying on impulse but one of the denim I linked to you has been restocked a lot re: poor reps. I've been reading further into the Celine thread on SF folks have been saying it's like the SLP 2013 D02's, so my mouth is salivating.

ive seen some replica bapestas that are *italian finger kiss* amazing.

the reason i copped those is cuz the new bapestas are fucking disgusting.

My point being is that, if im gonna get replicas, it'll be for stuff that def sold out or is archive fashion bullshit lmao

• Truth 1