Price points on high-end denim?!

misteraven

@swif1

@CLICKCLACKONER

@mr.yuck

@ndv

So they came in. wow, is all i can say. The packaging is alright and the denim is tough.

They seem lighter than my other 2 project jeans and the sizing is on point, the hemming is fucking amazing.

I've been scratching at the denim with my nails...these jeans were obviously dyed countless amounts of times.

The stitching is on point and so is the embroidery. I'm wearing them right now.

After an hour or so, I'm gonna do the initial soak.

20200926_144215.thumb.jpg.0d67d7c0f30253937c32d050a41ef8e7.jpg20200926_144259.thumb.jpg.fca164992457fc5ae9e0ce55613e9f5c.jpg20200926_144324.thumb.jpg.276c8caa0cf66e545a835739a4f620b5.jpg20200926_144329.thumb.jpg.b997285252c24e7a106cd4f740e27db6.jpg20200926_144448.thumb.jpg.464e29d8abe63764497250cd815f2616.jpg

Edited by glorydays
  • Like 1
  • Props 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@mr.yuck

I strongly suggest soaking them. they were soft and "loose" when i wore them out the package.

after soaking, they got stiff like they were starched and the color got darker.

I don't know if you got the same denim and weight as i did but i suggest putting them on right out the box first.

soak after.

I think you'll notice a difference.

OH! and write the date of when you got them on the inside of the pants on the pocket bag...what i do is tack a mark on my jeans for every time i wear them.

1 hour ago, swif1 said:

I'm curious as to why you wear them for a little before soaking. Is it to set the creases?

Brave star had some pretty specific instructions for their denim. They were pretty insistent that if you soak before you wear, they might shrink to a point that makes them unwearable. So they suggested to wear and stretch them out a bit before shrinking.

15 hours ago, glorydays said:

I got the 12 oz woodsman cone denim

it feels...light. I don't want to say thin cuz when i wore them they felt good enough for the fall weather.

I wore them for an hour then soaked for an hour

Cool. I got the 15oz cone mill janks. Im really excited for these dumb thicc pants.

• Truth 1

29 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

@swif1  @glorydays  @CLICKCLACKONER @ndv @LUGR

My brave stars came in today. I got true straight 38". These things are massive. Like im 6'2" 220 and I dont even come close to filling in these ass and thighs.

Exchange for a smaller size. Jeans also stretch out over some wear. 

Edited by CLICKCLACKONER
  • Like 1
  • Truth 1

37 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

@swif1  @glorydays  @CLICKCLACKONER @ndv @LUGR

My brave stars came in today. I got true straight 38". These things are massive. Like im 6'2" 220 and I dont even come close to filling in these ass and thighs.

They should have a good exchange program.

How is the waist tho? cuz i would venture a guess that you are a 35" waist.

when you exchange it post pics of the new ones

• Truth 2

55 minutes ago, glorydays said:

They should have a good exchange program.

How is the waist tho? cuz i would venture a guess that you are a 35" waist.

when you exchange it post pics of the new ones

I think 35 is absolutely the way to go. I'll check out their sizing chart again but I may also be changing cut to slim straight. Slim with the tilted grin.

• Truth 1

3 hours ago, swif1 said:

Lmao yo. Definitely exchange them. Based on their chart, they do vanity sizing. If you're getting the 35's, definitely wear them around a little before soaking otherwise I'd go with the 36 if you want to be comfortable. 

i kind of test the sizing for sure when i wear them out the box

besides the initial excitement

• Truth 1

7 minutes ago, glorydays said:

i kind of test the sizing for sure when i wear them out the box

besides the initial excitement

True. I do the same hahah

Gauge how I will wear them > presoaked > measurements > soak > measurements wear them > see what length I want them hemmed to 

• Truth 1