Price points on high-end denim?!

misteraven

2 minutes ago, glorydays said:

ive seen some replica bapestas that are *italian finger kiss* amazing.

the reason i copped those is cuz the new bapestas are fucking disgusting.

My point being is that, if im gonna get replicas, it'll be for stuff that def sold out or is archive fashion bullshit lmao

100%. looking forward to upping my black denim game and having different lengths for different occasions. Will probably dry clean instead of soaking as well...I soaked some near-deadstock pair of raw black denim earlier with ice and the damn thing was still bleeding. :V

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 10/9/2020 at 11:07 PM, swif1 said:

100%. looking forward to upping my black denim game and having different lengths for different occasions. Will probably dry clean instead of soaking as well...I soaked some near-deadstock pair of raw black denim earlier with ice and the damn thing was still bleeding. :V

There's a manufacturer in LA that makes selvedge denim jeans for up and coming brands 

bro, I'll hook you up later

Samples are soooo much cheaper 

• Like 1

Just now, swif1 said:

@glorydayswym by samples are cheaper? They took you up with swatches? I recall seeing a brand in Cali years ago that make bespoke denim like 3x1. Wonder if it's the same company!

I showed them a pair of jeans that i wanted and the kind of denim i wanted.

So i waited like a month for them to come in and they aren't bad.

I'll post them up later.

And it probably is.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, swif1 said:

@mr.yuckyeesh took you long enough haha

Bro. I had to comb through the site to find a suitable cut in my size. They sell out quick mane. I think its even weirder that they take 7 days to process credit card payments for shipping cost on exchanges. Just put it in the mail you effin ding dongs.

47 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

@swif1is that your secret blend of soaking soap? A dash of pinnacle, a few squirts of lotion and an entire bottle of isopropyl. Stir violently.

Hahaha I saved a few bottles of liquor to help with this stuff. Other items had some weight so as long as the jeans remain submerged. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@swif1 @glorydays my replacement bravestars just came in the mail. 

35s fit like a glove. Slim taper. They feel tight but I think it's just how stupid thick this 15 oz denim is. Scared to presoak. If there is any shrinkage these bad boys will be unwearable. Im gonna wear them around the house all day tomorrow to see if I can break them in and wear them down a little bit.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

3 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

@swif1 @glorydays my replacement bravestars just came in the mail. 

35s fit like a glove. Slim taper. They feel tight but I think it's just how stupid thick this 15 oz denim is. Scared to presoak. If there is any shrinkage these bad boys will be unwearable. Im gonna wear them around the house all day tomorrow to see if I can break them in and wear them down a little bit.

That's fucking great.

I agree, you should wear them all day to stretch them out. Soaking would shrink them for sure, so wearing them before the soak would shrink back to its initial size.

• Props 1

On 10/24/2020 at 2:35 PM, mr.yuck said:

Perfect. Then they will get worn all day before getting wet. The only issue Im having so far is squatting. It's not a deal breaker but it's kinda in my dna. Im hoping a full day of lunges will help out.

nah dont worry, that bitch will stretch out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr.yuck said:

They feel good. It took a while to get used to but they are coming along and all the creases are setting in nicely. 

If it were me, i would actually sleep with the jeans on to really get them to conform to your legs.

Then tomorrow put them in the water

• Props 1

I've been in a different dimension this past week and a half or whatever. Went on an insane (bad) shopping spree and more shit I'm going to cop primarily from Japan. Found a pair of MIJ SLP D01 black raws from fucking 2013 that's essentially deadstock. I'm so over the fucking moon, bitch I ain't coming back. I have my eyes on a pair of 2013 D02's that look to be near DS but I think imma go the Celine route. The measurements on the replica Celine's in my size are straight NT cuts and fuck all that. 

Found and instacopped a pair of DS resin-coated DH that got me touching myself as well (had a pair but sold it once I found these). I plan to mail them out to get some heavy work done once I figure out which jeans I want the measurements to mirror.  

Found and copped a pair of raw MIJ DH pre-KJ. Probably the last pair currently that I can find online when searching the reference number. They're 100% cotton and the same model I have albeit probably from the final season based on the features. Called the boutique in Beverly Hills and their system sounded like it was about to fucking crash when the SA had to switch to the legacy system to look up the ancient ass reference number. Called the outlet then the flagship store in Manhattan only to be routed to fucking customer service in France????!! At any rate, she said she'll try to search for it but it was discontinued in 2016. 

Also have my eye on some pre-distressed SLP's atm. Fuck. My girl flying in for a month in two weeks. I ain't sending shit from the warehouse in Japan until she leaves LMAO. 

Oh yeah, copped some pre-distressed DH denim as well. 

I want to say all this was triggered because a dude who copped a pair of jeans from me literally wants 90% of my jeans. I'm hoping he fits them all although there is are some that I'll be sad to let go, but when you lose weight, It's time to accept it and let them go and start over. 

And tbh, I was going to go back to some raw selvedge local brand shit until I came across the MIJ DH's.    

The past two weeks have been a whirlwind.

Edited by swif1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 1

@mr.yuck all these acronyms are a whirlwind bro.

Mij=made in japan? Bonus: MII = Italy, MIF = France

Ds= dead stock

Dh= Dior Homme

Pre kj=pre kim jong 🤡 Close, actually, pre-Kim Jones. Currently the HNIC at Dior Man now. Just most people know it's "Dior Homme, not Dior Homey"

SLP: Saint Laurent Paris

D01 = Slim

D02 = Skinny

D03 = Straight

I hope this dude buys all your shit man.

Thanks, bro. Was just talking to him and he sounds like it will!

@glorydaysI found a pair of MIJ's that are closely similar to the 3Sixteen Shadow Selvedge that look to be DS. Just confirmed the season they're from so birdman.gif. White weft but the warp was dipped blue then black. My office chair is going to look sick hahahah

Also,

Edited by swif1
  • Like 1
  • Props 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2020 at 7:15 PM, swif1 said:

And just like that, my dumbass got conned real fucking hard and lost all those jeans I mentioned in an earlier post and other shit. Lesson learned. Fuck it, all I got is a dollar and a dream. On to the new shit. On, on to the new shit.

Chin up bro

Its denim season

20201112_100106.thumb.jpg.a8aa545f2efdaf193a2d34eaec7ced7a.jpg

• Like 3