Price points on high-end denim?!

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
4 hours ago, swif1 said:

Yezzir. The balaclava completes the fit. And yo. RIP clean white shoes. I always found denim jackets difficult to pair, which is probably why I don't own one, but it goes well with this fit. The peek-a-boo from tee is fabbbbb.

i will always wear over sized tees

tight tee shirts are fucking horrible lmao

Just picked up the raw black denim from Celine in the slim cut and didn't realize it until I got back to the hotel. 🤦🏻‍♂️. Similar cut as my FW13 D01 raw blacks but these are 100% cotton so I'm probably going to keep them. I was wondering why I could barely move in the fucking thing haha. Weave/Weight is heavier than SLP, that's for sure. 

Going to hit up the SA about the skinny jawns tomorrow.

I wasn't aware how much weight I tried on the jeans; 31/32 from a 34.

No rivets and outseam features a flat-felled seam. 

Edited by swif1
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Got a pair of SS16 SLP waxed denim and THREE(!!!) pairs of MIJ Dior raws. Wasn't expecting to ever find these since it's discontinued. Have two in 17.5 and the other in 19cm cut. Going to store away the DS pair and have one of them re-hemmed using chainstitch and tapering the other for a more skinny fit.

Dude is pretty cool and couldn't fit in them since he lifts now. Fucking waited damn near two months for it to arrive. They have the mildew smell still lingering even after I dropped them off at the dry cleaner so they're going to get soaked once I get them back from alterations.

Once I find a pair of grey raws, my denim haul should be good...for now. Damn Container ship from Japan needs to hurry the fuck up for the rest of my jeans tho.

IMG_5743.JPG

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

I keep these bad boys cuffed up. Nobody gives a shit. Lol. Then again, I dont live in a place where people concern themselves with such.

I had my RRL jawns butchered by my local dry cleaner/ alteration store.  Took them in to get tapered and specifically told them to do it from the inseam, bitch did them on the outseam.  I was gutted, and threw a Karen-type tantrum.  Cuffing season was officially over Dem jeans.

Never had a compliment on the selvedge either and I live in NYC.  Then again err body is kool guy in NYC. But even at the height of denim snobbery (about 10 years ago), still no compliment except for the bearded Abraham Lincoln hipster graphic designer at my old job.  Denim is one of the geekiest things I'm into and I even cringe at myself from time to time.

Went to the RRL shop a couple of days ago and those same jeans are now considered limited edition (i.e. more expensive) and only comes out every other season or so.  doesn't make sense because they were "Rigid" not washed denim.  Do they think we are stupid?  Isn't it more cost effective to not put them through a wash?

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

1 minute ago, mr.yuck said:

@CLICKCLACKONER Dude, I would be hot too! I would have been in there like "what did I tell you to do?" "And then what did you do?" "And is that what I told you to do?"  Like a little kid.

Did you get money to replace the jeans they fucked up or what?

lol that's exactly verbatim what I said! No monies, I realized in the middle of my tantrum that I was overreacting and just left, and it's a small business on my block.  fuck I was tight!!!

• LOL! 1

• 1 month later...