-- I Just Saw Aliens vs. Predator

Weapon X

I thought that shit was not too bad. I took my girls 5 year old son to go see it and he kept screaming like a little girl. That shit was great. I kind of enjoyed the background story that was behind why they were fighting in the first place.

Hopefully the next one is directed by some one else though and it gets that R rating that these movies deserve.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by El Mamerro

I just came back from seeing it and it was pretty damn fun. I went in there with such terrible expectations (and a week fresh from witnessing the shitstorm that is Catwoman), there was nowhere to go but up. I really wish there had been more fighting, but what little there was was dope.

You went to see Catwoman? I'm sorry, my son, may God have mercy on your soul.

:nope:

Originally posted by Weapon X

Tease, you can try as hard as you want to be cool, but that doesn’t make me respect you.

it's funny that i don't "try" to be anything. I just say what I have to say, and you think im "trying to be cool".

seems like youre the one considering myself as being cool, not me trying to be cool, you thought that up on your own.

i dont give a fuck about you, i dont give a fuck about what you think about me, i dont give a fuck if you die.

straight up.

/iamwhatyousayiam,not.

i enjoyed it. plot wasnt totally there. but it was there enough to make sense. **damn i dont want to give any of it away** hahaha. there was some unexpected things. the action was there.

on the contrary, weapon x.. there was blood. not much but there was..

oh by the way.. did any one notice Weyland's middle name? and the character link up from the previous alien series.

Originally posted by T=E=A=S=E

it's funny that i don't "try" to be anything. I just say what I have to say, and you think im "trying to be cool".

seems like youre the one considering myself as being cool, not me trying to be cool, you thought that up on your own.

i dont give a fuck about you, i dont give a fuck about what you think about me, i dont give a fuck if you die.

straight up.

/iamwhatyousayiam,not.

Tupac lives!

this is more for those that know the story lines pretty well, mams, defy, ego, weapon, and vinyl if he pops upin here.

any of yall catch it when weyland did the hand trick that bishop does in alien? that was pretty funny lil trivia tidbit.

i seriously think that the prollem with this film is paul anderson.....

i was really happy to see though that they stayed true to the comic line with the female bein the one to get their respect...

and to answer ego and x's question bout why didnt the predator's see the chestburster.....i seriously think its just cus they didnt think to...i mean think bout the fact that the predator just got fucked up by the queen....maybe it was just a lil drop in their logic....iono

i would have preffered if they had gotten a lil more in to the predator culture. that has been the one thing i have always wanted to see, more of their culture on film. sure i could read it in comic form, but i wanna see it....

i said it before, but i think that david fincher prolly would have been a better choice for director. i really liked the feel of alien3.

ridley scott and james cameron both refused to do this movie. i think cameron is next inline for the next alien film.

iono why everyone knocks on alien resurrection....i thought it was pretty cool. i guess i have always liked ron pearlman and the dude from the crow..

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Also remember, none of the Predators were wearing masks when they came to pick up their homie. No masks = no infrared/x-ray vision.

Saw the flick on opening night, overall very fun if your a sci fi fan. It didn't get a R rating but think about it there was still gore in this flick. Aliens getting there heads ripped off and guts coming out of them and shit.

I knew the predators would win, since in Predator 2 when Danny Glover enters the predator ship you see on the trouphy case a alien skull.

The only cheesy part in this flick was when the predator gives the black chick a spear and a shield. That shit looked gay as fuck, and I agree predator should of banged that big booty bitch!

i gave it a 5 out of 10.

it just went by too fast.

and you're right wx,

they should've developed the plot more, with a sub-plot

i was thinking, "wow, all of that took place in one day?"

it was entertaining though, but as all of you have already said,

not up to par with the other movies.

makes me wanna read the comic book now...

Also remember, none of the Predators were wearing masks when they came to pick up their homie. No masks = no infrared/x-ray vision.

bling

I'm not gonna front. I actually want to see it again.

I really dont understand why this movie got trashed so bad. I think that in the paper out here it got 1 star. I mean that would be comparing this movie with... well i dont know. I was looking for some really shitty movie to compare it to but instead i found this gem.

I think you should all check this out. shoalin soccer.

Paul W.S. Anderson:

Director - filmography

(2000s) (1990s)

1. Alien Vs. Predator (2004)

... aka AvP (2004) (USA: promotional abbreviation)

2. Resident Evil (2002)

... aka Resident Evil (2002) (France) (Germany)

3. Sight, The (2000) (TV)

4. Soldier (1998) (as Paul Anderson)

5. Event Horizon (1997) (as Paul Anderson)

6. Mortal Kombat: Behind the Scenes (1995) (V)

7. Mortal Kombat (1995) (as Paul Anderson)

8. Shopping (1994) (as Paul Anderson)

Yes, THAT Mortal Kombat....

i said it before and ill say it again, paul anderson sucks ass. the only film of his that i have respect for is event horizon. yes he did resident evil, but that movie wasnt really that great. mortal kombat....iont even know what to say bout that. i mean sure they did have some cool shit like christopher lambert, but what else...

iono i really wish someone else had controll over this film. i respect him for attempting it, but it could have been so much better.

and even though im knockin the film a lil, i only do it to the ppl that should know i still enjoyed the film,

im with mams on the seein it again tip, i really would see it again...i enjoyed it, i just wish it would have been more...

fermentor. imdb? amazing aint it?

I don’t know, I think the Aliens flick is amazing. I’ve seen it at least twenty times since I was a kid, and I never really see through whatever cheesiness it might hold.

As for that Weyland dude doing the knife trick a la Bishop – I missed it. My friend mentioned during the post movie beer & spliff, and I couldn’t believe that I didn’t see that.

Archived