bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

thats what i thought,

and you have to pay loads of money to attempt to get accepted into the olympics right? an olympic bid i think its called?

and anyone out there with rollers..... could you do me a HUGE favor? im making my own set (i have to resources to do it professionally my self) and the local bike shop doesnt have any in stock so i cant take any measurements.... i think you know where this is going haha. i dont need many measurements and it will only take a second.... thanks in advance

Yo...

Does anyone have experience with side aches/side cramps right below the rib cage on either side on the bike and how to prevent/avoid them? I've been getting them in damn near every race or hard effort I do now. It started around April or May and got more frequent from there. I thought it was a heart problem and saw a doc about that, got the green light that it's not. Pressing the area and breathing slowly helps but isn't always possible. Is it a core/ab weakness? I did a lot of core workouts in the winter but stopped after that. I think I'm going to start doing bicycle crunches and planks again and see if the situation improves.

Yo...

Does anyone have experience with side aches/side cramps right below the rib cage on either side on the bike and how to prevent/avoid them? I've been getting them in damn near every race or hard effort I do now. It started around April or May and got more frequent from there. I thought it was a heart problem and saw a doc about that, got the green light that it's not. Pressing the area and breathing slowly helps but isn't always possible. Is it a core/ab weakness? I did a lot of core workouts in the winter but stopped after that. I think I'm going to start doing bicycle crunches and planks again and see if the situation improves.

i get these alot too. i just ride through it

i get these alot too. i just ride through it

i think what you guys are talking about is a side stitch. Essentialy your diaphragm is stressed or cramped up and you get pain below the ribs. I used to get it a lot while running. Changing your breathing pattern and slowing it can help in the short term. Google belly breathing. It the long term strengthening your abdominal muscles should help.

Found out my collar bone is broken today... won't be on my bike for a good 6 weeks. Hell I won't be doing much of anything really.

Bummer man! Out of the three broken bones I've had, collar bone was the most awkward. Heal up soon.

i think what you guys are talking about is a side stitch. Essentialy your diaphragm is stressed or cramped up and you get pain below the ribs. I used to get it a lot while running. Changing your breathing pattern and slowing it can help in the short term. Google belly breathing. It the long term strengthening your abdominal muscles should help.

For sure. Thing is I already breath through my belly from a good year and a half of practicing to try and make it subconscious/habitual.

why the hell do i have sooooo much trouble when i try to take pedals off of bikes................

im trying to take my eggbeaters off my road bike and put them onto my cyclocross bike. i got one off (the left one) but i cant get the other off. i have the right sized allen wrench.

with the front wheel on the bike at your right looking at the cranks, which way do i need to be turning the wrench??

thats what i dont know. whats the drive side?

and i have to use an allen wrench.....

im trying to take the pedal off thats on the side with the chainrings(thats probly the driveside im guessing)

im sitting down with the chainrings in front of me, front tire to my right.

i have the allen wrench in the bolt

the long part of the allen wrench is parrallel to the ground, and coming out towards my right hand side.

do i need to lift up on the long part of the allen wrench or push down?

im TERRIBLE with clockwise/counterclockwise directions if you havent noticed

Here's a simple formula Acer:

Think of your wheels. When they're rolling forward, that's the direction you want to move the wrench to tighten (either side). When they're rolling backwards, that's the direction you want to move to loosen. Always works, on either side, with a pedal wrench or an allen, just remember it.

• Like 1

Big ups on these Specialized BG footbeds. Anyone riding the stock insoles in their clipless shoes should check them out. My knees are tracking straighter after putting the included wedges in (they used to be hitting the top tube, right knee moreso than left) and the arch support feels awesome and efficient when I get out of the saddle...

im still saving up for the right sized shoes...

i was told by my local bike shop salesman they were 11's and the size tag in them was ripped off so he gave them to be for 30 and they were 120 dollar Bontragers and i held them up against some 11's when i got home and they were not 11's...... but they are comfy as hell and i havent had any problems at all with them so far haha

heres how i was taught to work on pedals in a stand.

ON: put the wrench on the pedal. back pedal the bike. pedal goes on.

OFF: put the wrench on the pedal. pedal forward. pedal comes off.

also, critical mass last night was awfully rowdy and the weather was awesome.

people were out for blood. at least one guy got himself jumped.

didnt hang around too long after that.

thanks, but im getting a second set of eggbeaters with only 1000 miles on them for 10 bucks monday so i wont have to transfer pedals all the time now.

i still want to go to one of these critical mass things but i dont want to roll up on a triathalon setup...