bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
be sure not to rock that fixie random -- they may GETCHYA!..

Fixed-gear%2Bbikes%2Bspark%2Bpolice%2Bcrackdown%2Bin%2BBerlin%2B-%2BThe%2BLocal.jpg

Nah, I got a free mountain bike from a co worker. He didnt ride it for years and it showed, rust and crap. I fixed it up, put some slicks on it and added a rack on it. Now its my everyday workhorse bike

cavendish looks like a beast - not the appearance of the "typical" racer

it's the trackie in him!

well, that and he's a sprinter. pro road sprinters = can be a little bigger than the stereotypical skin-and-bones climber type. pro track sprinters = would be just as at home at football lineman or full-time weight lifters.

I thought all the hype about Lance was just a tactic to draw attention from Contador. But it seems like he actually wants to win, hes not the type to sit back and let someone else take it.

Still holding out hope for Cadel, but he will struggle. Already 3min back, witi a not very strong team.

I gotta give it up for Garmin, though. I mean, five guys down in the first twelve kilometers and they still finished in 2nd, only 18' down. Incredible. Those video images of Zabriske on the front with his head resting on his arms just driving the other four guys down the road was inspiring. You know his legs were just screaming after they crossed the line...

garmin.jpg_e_a87e45170d06cae1d578f4138549a852.jpg

so i've been riding seriously for about a year now on a mostly stock, mid-level jamis... i finally have a bit cash to start upgrading but not a ton. best place to start? i'm thinking drivetrain and shifters. recs appreciated.

Not sure what bike you're currently riding but here are my suggestions, on the low end of the pricing scale.

if you don't already have a carbon seatpost, I'd get one of those. If you can afford some carbon forks, maybe something by Easton... I'd get one of those.

Now, if you can update your drivetrain at all... that would really do you some good. Mostly your cranks, front and rear derailleurs. The second in line for Shimano is Ultegra and is way nice upgrade from Sora. Way nice. You might even be able to find some deals on ebay for a full Ultegra group, and that would include shifters/brakes.

Or you could skip the seatpost and forks and just do the Ultegra upgrade.

My two cents...

SDC10008.jpg

Thought i might aswell post up the bike i set up about 2 months ago.

Rides pretty well and i am happy wit hte gear ratio i got going.

Gonna paint the frame black when i have some free time.

i think thats a pretty unique color right there. goes good with white. i wouldnt change it.

but thats just me.

Yo Joker - did you race Tabor tonight? Not sure if I saw you or not. Your whole team has similar looking bikes! I went out and tied for around 7th. Always a fun / hard race for me... sucks that next week is the last one. I'm slowly figuring out tactics coming through the final stretch and when to make the jump for a sprint. It's definitely not so cut and dry as "go really hard with 200m to go on this flat stretch", but that makes it really fun too.

Yo Joker - did you race Tabor tonight? Not sure if I saw you or not. Your whole team has similar looking bikes! I went out and tied for around 7th. Always a fun / hard race for me... sucks that next week is the last one. I'm slowly figuring out tactics coming through the final stretch and when to make the jump for a sprint. It's definitely not so cut and dry as "go really hard with 200m to go on this flat stretch", but that makes it really fun too.

I didn't. I have some friends in town so I couldn't make it. Definitely a tactical course, for sure. I really only like the final stretch coming in to the line. You have all this momentum going up that little rise, so fun.