bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

6409_1206478641451_1213201223_620663_3060802_n.jpg

so the little spoke head connector thing came off and is inside the rim...rattling around and making noise annoying as hell..

i took off my tire rim etc...and couldn't get it out.

any suggestions or do i need to get a new rim...plus the one spoke is now loose....

question:

wahts the benefit of having those pedals that you slip your feet in??

it gives you the ability to pull...instead of generating your power only by pushing the pedals you can pull and get power also...helps to use different muscles and gives you more stamina power etc...

im just an amateur but i think that sums it up....no, anyone?

my buddy copped this today for $500 under the msrp

Cross-Pro.png

today i did a mile or 1.5 mile sprint (maybe not sprint but fully exerted) and I beat my buddy who was driving, im getting to the point where i see no real need to take the car anywhere unless I really need to.

one thing i hate about riding to work though is I have to get up 1.5hrs earlier

Bought new fancy fizik bar tape today.

So I rip the old tape off and start taping up the right side. All is good until I take out the second roll from the box to see its almost half the size of the first! Wtf?

/visiblyupset

i cut 8 minutes off of my lap time in only 4 days. now im getting to the point where im competitive with the other mountainbike riders... it makes for some interesting looks when they get beat by a kid on a single speed CX bike in the hills haha

im thinking about building up a mountain bike because i wont be bale to shell out enough money at once to buy a complete bike and pricepoint.com's deals have me interested... are Sette products any good? im interested in the sette Reken frame and since its only 90 dollars i figure something gotta be wrong with it but i couldnt find a bad review anywhere. im mainly interested in it because i can buy it and the other parts with the money i get from odd jobs and get the wheelset for my birthday and then maybe the fork for christmas and have it built by january for the next season.

was just going to say that

if you have to slam on the brakes, with only a front brake, its a pretty good bet you're going over the handle bars.

yeah, i was running two on it before the paintjob, i just havent had time to reconnect the rear brake yet. there's no spots on the frame to route the rear brake line so i need to get some clear zipties and cable housing as well.

Ive got a rather cheap Schwinn i bought 4 years ago, ive kept it running nicely, and looking sharp, but i want to have white wall tires. I was thinking about going DIY on it, do you guys have suggestions on paint/tips on painting etc, or should i just buy white wall tires?

If you want white tires... I would go with the Vittoria Rubino Pro and definitely not the all white tread tire. I have those all white Conti's and one five minute ride and the center of the tread is now dirty as hell. Looks like poop. Black tread down the center is key...

Just sayin'