bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

so i finally got the spoke head out of my rim...after A FUCKING HOUR!!

I had to use nag champa because my needle nose pliers were to big....

now I'm thinking FUCK I can't put this thing on.

so is that super fucked??

here is a picture of the spoke without the head attacher thing..

6409_1206478641451_1213201223_620663_3060802_n.jpg

my back rim has a slight tweak in it...I have heard you can straighten a rim out....does this require special tools?

I have the basic spin doctor kit...

Yes. You need a nipple wrench, and if you want to do a good job, a truing stand (which it sounds like you have). Have a friend or mechanic teach you how to true wheels. There's some good online guides too...

i stripped the fucking lockring on my sputnik today- really pissed me off

now as this is my first experience with a fixed-gear, what do i need to do/replace/etc?

Did you strip the threads, or round out the tabs where the tool engages it?

If you rounded out the tabs, take it to a shop and try to have them wrestle with it. If you stripped the threads on the lockring, you just need to replace it. If you stripped the threads on the hub, you're fucked and have to replace the hub/rebuild the wheel. Hubs are aluminum and lockrings are steel so you just may have... if it's a thread issue.

In other news I swept all three races at the track tonight in the 4's! Just got upgraded to cat 3's, which should make for a reasonably rough weekend because there's something like a 100 or 150 lap points race on Sunday... but atleast I'm not sandbagging anymore haha.

• Like 1

ralphy, do you mean a "tweak" as in a curve in the rim, or as in a bend in the lip of the rim itself?

rubbish, i'm fairly certain i've wrecked the threads on the hub, as the cog is currently diagonal on it. however, is this an issue that is the fault of the guy who sold me the bike? i was just outside my house trying to skid, and it popped. i've only had the bike for about a week.

So you didn't put the lock ring on yourself? If so then take it the fuck back up to the shop and have them deal with it. If it's crooked on the hub though, thats a problem. Most likely means your hub is stripped and will need replaced. But if you bought it from the shop a week ago and never touched it I don't see why you wont be able to get it replaced.

so i finally got the spoke head out of my rim...after A FUCKING HOUR!!

I had to use nag champa because my needle nose pliers were to big....

now I'm thinking FUCK I can't put this thing on.

so is that super fucked??

here is a picture of the spoke without the head attacher thing..

6409_1206478641451_1213201223_620663_3060802_n.jpg

So you found the nipple inside your rim but aren't able to reattach it to your spoke?

i didn't buy it from my shop, i bought it used from a guy who works at my shop. i'll let him know though.

I'd talk to him, if he works at your shop he should know what he's doing to an extent. Therefor he can either help you out with fixing it or replace it, if he was at fault for it.

i didn't buy it from my shop, i bought it used from a guy who works at my shop. i'll let him know though.

If it's the case that he cross-threaded it, it's a bum deal that he sold it to you and didn't notice or didn't care to mention it. The lockring is a pretty crucial component to not dying/not ruining your cog threads in the city on a fix if you skid/skip. Thread that shit on diagonal and you've pretty much ruined your setup.

Today's Tour stage was sweet. Fedrigo fucking owned as he led out the two mana breakaway into the sprint, looked over the wrong shoulder as Pellizotti came around the other way, and then still managed to dig deep and win the sprint. Fuck yeah! That's a boss move right there.

Surprising that Astana was nowhere near the front today.

Whew, just raced my first cat 1/2/3 points race at the track. We did 100 laps. Around lap 50, I really wanted to pull out, and around lap 80 I was getting mad uncomfortable and my Arione saddle was flexing all over the place. Probably the hardest flat race I've down yet... nonetheless I finished it and finished somewhat strong in the end but I don't know my result yet. Probably around the middle. My friend the cat 1 did a great job of completely blowing up the field with two races under his belt Friday and Saturday. I was in the front breakaway at the beginning, got unlucky and stuck on a guy's wheel who started fading off the paceline, then I started fading myself when I couldn't bridge the gap he made, and got in the chase group behind from there. From there it was a lot of working together. I got a few points and got 3rd in the final sprint for double points, passing a couple guys on the way. At one point some guy did a full 8 inch endo but managed to keep the bike up afterwards. I was on his wheel (of course) and had no idea how he managed that one. At the end of the race my inner thighs were way numb from the G-forces pushing down and that damn Arione saddle... I think it's time to consider something new. Cinelli Unicanitor or Flite Ti probably.

350__1_cinelli-sad-unicanitor-med.jpg

751.jpg

All in all, track racing is a lot of fun. AYHSMB :D

• Like 1